• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway

looks like midden might go in for Young. Hope they do, hope he gets a decent club at a decent level and I hope he doesnt come back to score one of his one a season screamers.

FTR, Maguire is not sh*te.

First paragraph, agree wholeheartledly. Hope he does OK and doesnt get left on the scrapheap.

Second paragraph...Pish!! (in my opinion)

First paragraph, agree wholeheartledly. Hope he does OK and doesnt get left on the scrapheap.

Second paragraph...Pish!! (in my opinion)

look min

I'm sh*te at fitba

You're sh*te at fitba

Darren Mackie is almost sh*te at fitba

Bebo isnt sh*te but he's nae that great either, just has potential

yon c**t Commons is pretty good

The likes of Shearer was really good

Messi is awesome

You see there is a sliding scale of shiteness and Bebo sits in the average segment. Nae above, nae below, just in the middle. I ken its hard for the interweb, instant fix, instant result generation to grasp but there is a lot more than great or sh*te in this world, a lot of it is just plain average.

Nae that difficult to understand really and if he was sh*te he'd be a toothless tracksuit wonder with a staffy, he still has his teeth.

I've watched top class strikers / attackers of the calibre of McGhee, McDougall, Nicholas, Gillhus, Shearer, Jess, etc in my time following the dons, I've also watched some absolute sh*te in Edwards, Hinds, D'Jaffo, Mike, Prunty, etc,

While I admit Maguire will never be fit to tie the laces of the first lot I mentioned, he's definetely a step up from the second lot. What I'm trying to say is that while he may not be international class, he's certainly not sh*te.

Love him or hate him, dislike his personality / attitude, theres no way anyone can say he's sh*te, surely?

Did you catch his goals for the Scotland Under21's? Did you see how well he performed in those games? That was not a sh*te player my delusional friend, that was a decent young prospect making his way in the game.

And what are you on about a small man for?

Sense, wow!

However my friend I fear that you will be in the minority. Unless you subscribe to the doom and gloom on here and admit that everyone is sh*te your opinions are not really digested too well. They will be regurgitated and spat back at you with varying degrees of sensibility or indeed venom.

look min

I'm sh*te at fitba

You're sh*te at fitba

Darren Mackie is almost sh*te at fitba

Bebo isnt sh*te but he's nae that great either, just has potential

yon c**t Commons is pretty good

The likes of Shearer was really good

Messi is awesome

You see there is a sliding scale of shiteness and Bebo sits in the average segment. Nae above, nae below, just in the middle. I ken its hard for the interweb, instant fix, instant result generation to grasp but there is a lot more than great or sh*te in this world, a lot of it is just plain average.

Nae that difficult to understand really and if he was sh*te he'd be a toothless tracksuit wonder with a staffy, he still has his teeth.

As a professional footballer then yeah, he's fairly average but has potential (sick of that word now!) to be above average. In the grand scheme of things, he's well above average compared with your run of the mill Sunday league / Highland League / 5-a-side players.

Just nit picking really!

This has transcended into a Maguire being pish rather than a "Young being pish" thread.

Young shouldn't have been playing at this level, no offence Derek...but it's true, he should have been playing down in the first division. I don't know how it got so bad for him that even Partick were letting him go because he is definitely good enough for them! I think he thrives on the bigger games where he gets stuck in and has the determination. Stuck down in the lower leagues he probably just let it get him down.

Good luck with finding another club Derek. I applaud your efforts and 100% commitment when asked to do a job. You can't ask for more than that from anyone.

Did you catch his goals for the Scotland Under21's? Did you see how well he performed in those games? That was not a sh*te player my delusional friend, that was a decent young prospect making his way in the game.

Did you see how pish he was for the Scotland 'A' team though? Against the Northern Ireland reserves?

Maguire isn't sh*te, but he's nowhere near as good as he seems to think he is in his head.

I'd rather we had

There's a fundamental flaw in the past few seasons which has unfairly altered everyone's opinion.

Every professional squad should have some reserve/fringe/back-up players such as Mackie, Duff, Young, Mair etc.

The problem is that over the past few seasons these players have been playing regularly. Players such as those named (no disrespect) cannot be played every week in a team aspiring to anything other than mediocrity. We can't afford 16-20 Hartley, Diamond type wages.

Also to put into perspective I'll use some made up and round numbers.

For the coming season we are allowed 5 x 4k a week player and 10 x 2k a week player + youth team.

This gives a squad of 15.

Now imagine Young is on

Young's deluded, heard him on Northsound just there claiming he thought he had done "more than enough to warrant a new contract". Jesus.

I ken. I heard that.

Spoke a right pile o' sh1te for the rest of the interview too.

Bleat, bleat "my kids wis away to start school in Aberdeen this summer" bleat, bleat.

FIT?

You didn't realise your contract was up and as a player of limited ability was likely to be moved on??? :spanner:

f**king greetin face "byraway" c**t.

You've been given a wage by AFC for barely f**k all return for f**k knows how many years now.

You should count yourself lucky you f**king retarded ballbag, rather than moaning about how badly you've been treated and how much you deserved another contract.

Now...

f**k off.

We don't need Young, we've never needed Young. He's abysmal, and I don't care how keen he is. You could throw a shirt at any Dons fan in the stadium and get 'keen' for absolutely f**k all.

I agree we need fringe players, that's just common sense.

what isn't common sense is having a fringe player in his thirties who will never improve, never be worth anything, and will never add to the sum of the first team.

For the money Young is on we could get a young player who could play a bit part on the fringe of the team but also comes with the bonus that he might develop into a player. And if he doesn't then get rid of him and bring in another prospect.

I ken. I heard that.

Spoke a right pile o' sh1te for the rest of the interview too.

Bleat, bleat "my kids wis away to start school in Aberdeen this summer" bleat, bleat.

FIT?

You didn't realise your contract was up and as a player of limited ability was likely to be moved on??? :spanner:

f**king greetin face "byraway" c**t.

You've been given a wage by AFC for barely f**k all return for f**k knows how many years now.

You should count yourself lucky you f**king retarded ballbag, rather than moaning about how badly you've been treated and how much you deserved another contract.

Now...

f**k off.

So basically he's saying AFC owes him a living.

Be good to get rid of that kind of mentality.

incredible that so many feel he should "f**k off" just because he isn't very good. he was offered the deals with us and of course he was going to sign them, did his best and even that wasn't good enough most of the time, I don't think he deserves the slagging he's got on here.

good luck to him where ever he ends up as long as its not against us.

• 2 weeks later...

How can we speak of Derek Young, the same Derek Young who was deemed surplus to requirements and not offered a new contract at Partick Thiste 5 years ago, to be an acceptable standard Aberdeen Football Club player. I can't believe it's even being discussed.

f**k off Derek, you have took thousands and thousands of pounds of wages out of this club for scant return. Ross County, then Formartine beckon, then you can find your true calling of delivering my supper.

He might just bypass that Ross County option... :laughing:

China crisis

FORMARTINE United manager Steve Paterson today confirmed his interest in Aberdeen FC midfielder Derek Young.

The former Aberdeen FC boss aims to build a squad to challenge for the Highland League title next season and has already made moves for many of his former players.

And Paterson hasn

Something I find strange about these interminable arguments about how bad Young/Mackie/Langfield/Diamond are is that the criticism is always directed at the players themselves.

Surely if they are really so bad and their performance is a severe detriment to the team, then the management are equally to blame to keep giving them a game.

Something I find strange about these interminable arguments about how bad Young/Mackie/Langfield/Diamond are is that the criticism is always directed at the players themselves.

Surely if they are really so bad and their performance is a severe detriment to the team, then the management are equally to blame to keep giving them a game.

To an extent.

If there were more money available to buy or pay a better player then the manager wouldn't have to play sh*te like Darren Mackie or Derek young.

And there would be more money available if the club hadn't been mismanaged into stupid levels of debt by Stewart Milne and his fellow chimpanf**kingzees on the board.

SMGTF.

• 1 month later...

Peterhead have made an approach to sign former Aberdeen FC player Derek Young.

The midfielder is a free agent after being released by Aberdeen FC.

It's understood Partick Thistle are also interested in signing Young, who is still considering his future.

He'll go to Peterhead and even then they'll be left baffled by why they signed such a crap player.

He'll go to Peterhead and even then they'll be left baffled by why they signed such a crap player.

Aye.

And then he'll go in the Blue Toon Gazette fan he is nae offered another contract with an exclusive echoing sentiments such as:

"I played really well for us last season and deserved a new contract"

"My kids are just away to start school here"

"I've only just managed to settle in with the Chines community in Peterhead"

Bleat, bleat.

Bubble, gleet. :sleeping:

Aye.

And then he'll go in the Blue Toon Gazette fan he is nae offered another contract with an exclusive echoing sentiments such as:

"I played really well for us last season and deserved a new contract"

"My kids are just away to start school here"

"I've only just managed to settle in with the Chines community in Peterhead"

Bleat, bleat.

Bubble, gleet. :sleeping:

:laughing:

Big drap for the boy but am sure if Calderclown gets another SPL team he'll pluck Young fae obscurity.