Amateur/junior Football

Cheers lads. A truly remarkable season. Premier League and AFC Trophy winners at Pitttodrie tops off an amazing season. We went on a 14 game winning without dropping anything from mid April to last night.

Tell Bates Ollie says "a'right min".

Ollie min, that's a fair beard you've got growing there loon :).

Even more impressive when you consider I shaved a week past Friday. I'm a man's man.

You watching me from afar min

Edit - Just noticed I may look a bit like thon mannie Firth, minus the varifocals

Tell Bates Ollie says "a'right min".

Even more impressive when you consider I shaved a week past Friday. I'm a man's man.

You watching me from afar min

Edit - Just noticed I may look a bit like thon mannie Firth, minus the varifocals

With chat like that you won't be getting to any more of the juveniles games.

I know where you work ;).

You were leaving your work on Friday as I was dropping my car across the road (you can do the working out from there) - and you were pointed out to me. Captain caveman bassa that you are haha.

4 days growth since then. I now look like a cross between cousin it and my sister.

Pop in for a coffee next time.

It was a flying visit in the evening.

I was there most of the morning Saturday however, I was quite disappointed that the burger van which was there Friday was no longer there on Saturday. I was wanting a bacon roll.

In future I will bring rich teas and we can sit and have a coffee and talk about the Dons and boobies.

My two favorite subjects.

canna believe Beacon won the league, but to win 11 from 11 is excellent, Cove Thistle gutted not to lose a game in the league all season and not win the league...mintal.

RGU manager....known him for years,very gracious when he wins, a bit of a tit when they lose....if anyone bottled it, it was RGU.

roll on next season, we finished the season well, especially how we played and playing a new formation.

pre seaosn starts 3rd July....bring it on.

I think there's a case to say both teams bottled it. RGU's problem is they completely looked past us. Their manager told ours that he had organised their promotion playoff which is mental at any level of football.

Hopefully we win on Saturday and kick on for next year. Been a strange season in Division One East.

Don't think Beacon were in the top 5 teams we played but fair play and congratulations to them.

• Upvote 1

I think there's a case to say both teams bottled it. RGU's problem is they completely looked past us. Their manager told ours that he had organised their promotion playoff which is mental at any level of football.

Hopefully we win on Saturday and kick on for next year. Been a strange season in Division One East.

Don't think Beacon were in the top 5 teams we played but fair play and congratulations to them.

Hazelhead were a decent side, they were unlucky, to lose it to a team that went on a 11 game winning streak, you cant say the bottled it, though losing 6-1 in their last game! they had a superb season and im sure they are delighted they are going up. the prem will be a strong league next season as will the division 1 leagues again...

Hazlehead may be going up but believe alot of their players not continuing next season and their manager is quitting also. So I'm led to believe anyways.

Kintore will be a force next season with a superstar signing for them.

Kintore!

LOL.

I will be shocked if there are major departures from Hazlehead, maybe one or two not avauilable as much as they were but they will be gunning to make a good account of themselves.

Rattrays be a team to look out for with their managerial change though.

Would be very surprised if they were. A team that seems to continually attract bams.

Hazlehead may be going up but believe alot of their players not continuing next season and their manager is quitting also. So I'm led to believe anyways.

Kintore will be a force next season with a superstar signing for them.

I hope your source for this is better than the one that gave you your duff information on the Great Western Sunday team? :checkit:

The guy Deek Hardy taking over at rattrays so he will probably attract a few players there I would assume?

No idea who he is.

We lost a guy to them earlier this season. Good lad, decent player but his attitude was shocking and they were welcome to him. Whenever I've played them they've been full of guys of his ilk. Taking their top off and storming off the pitch when subbed, no matter how poorly they are playing.

One of the reasons I jacked it in was because of Players, not every player is the same but when you have lads texting you all hours of the day, especially early hours of saturday and sunday it can get a little much, most annoying are the players who play every week and get a game and they still have something to moan about or even when you are winning matches but trying to influence decision making and force their own way etc etc.

Or, as you say, acting petulant all the time, moaning at their teammates in training generally having a poor attitude or not taking things serious. What makes me laugh is some players I have seen over the years say it is all about having fun, not about the result, just the laugh,so they mess around in training, take nothing seriously and then as soon as you are 2-0 down all hell breaks loose and the management are always to blame of course! I am of the opinion that although this is our hobby and passion you get no rewards unless you take it quite serious in your approach, all very well having a good team but if the set up isnt there then it doesnt work long term, there is only so far you can go with having a laugh, if you want to be premier/division 1 IMO you need to have an element of seriousness and committment in your entire approach, that is my view anyway!!

One of the reasons I jacked it in was because of Players, not every player is the same but when you have lads texting you all hours of the day, especially early hours of saturday and sunday it can get a little much, most annoying are the players who play every week and get a game and they still have something to moan about or even when you are winning matches but trying to influence decision making and force their own way etc etc.

Or, as you say, acting petulant all the time, moaning at their teammates in training generally having a poor attitude or not taking things serious. What makes me laugh is some players I have seen over the years say it is all about having fun, not about the result, just the laugh,so they mess around in training, take nothing seriously and then as soon as you are 2-0 down all hell breaks loose and the management are always to blame of course! I am of the opinion that although this is our hobby and passion you get no rewards unless you take it quite serious in your approach, all very well having a good team but if the set up isnt there then it doesnt work long term, there is only so far you can go with having a laugh, if you want to be premier/division 1 IMO you need to have an element of seriousness and committment in your entire approach, that is my view anyway!!

Yeah, we have a few that can do that. Our manager lets them feel like they're in charge when they're not.

Previously he let a few boys make decisions and that's why we were down where we were. Those guys left mutually and we've taken 20 points from 30 points.

Now we've taken it seriously our performances have improved. It's a shame it took so long for us to get going.

Which team did you run, if you don't mind me asking?

The guy Deek Hardy taking over at rattrays so he will probably attract a few players there I would assume?

I assume you mean dek hardy? if it's him they'll do well, he's a good manager who'll get them going immediately. good guy aswell.

We won our play off 6-4 today. We were 3-1 down at half time, both keepers got sent off and one more of ours. A few wonder goals.

I stepped up and scored a pen. Won't lie, my arsehole was having a 5p, 2p moment.

Woodside beat Kincorth 2-1 in the final of the John Todd memorial tournament. Congratulations.

We won our play off 6-4 today. We were 3-1 down at half time, both keepers got sent off and one more of ours. A few wonder goals.

I stepped up and scored a pen. Won't lie, my arsehole was having a 5p, 2p moment.

Woodside beat Kincorth 2-1 in the final of the John Todd memorial tournament. Congratulations.

Well done.

What's the difference between Junior and Amateur fitba?

What's the better standard?

How does amateur compare with Welfare fitba?

I've never heard of amateur fitba until this thread started. Nothing up my way at all with regards to amateur leagues that I know of.

It's either welfare or junior.

Well done.

What's the difference between Junior and Amateur fitba?

What's the better standard?

How does amateur compare with Welfare fitba?

I've never heard of amateur fitba until this thread started. Nothing up my way at all with regards to amateur leagues that I know of.

It's either welfare or junior.

Cheers Boof.

Hard to say.

In tiers it would be:

Juniors

Amateurs

Welfare.

But then you've got folk who play juniors as they know folk.

Folk who could play juniors but play amateurs as they couldn't be assed or don't have the time for training etc.

Folk who play Sunday welfare as they don't want to play Saturday Amateurs.

Don't think there is even a Sunday Welfare league now though.