Amateur/junior Football

i do not know of this Dee team personally, never seen them play so cant judge however from the people I speak to they seem to be getting a lot of attention and praise before a ball has even been kicked, are some people forgetting this is amateur football? When I played you saw playing against upsatrts like this as a challenge to shut them up and put them back in their place, doesnt matter how good they are or who they have signed, they are going into a higher division against some well established clubs, as with any club who have had it their own way for 2-3 years we will see how good theya re when the luck starts elluding them and the margins become finer. Easy to keep a team motivated when you win every week but test of a true team is when you are in adversity and you need to battle back from it. Ambition is fine but people, perhaps just supporters and friends, not those connected saying they will win the league are just writing the team talks for the opposition.......

Very valid points, I've never said they'll win the league, they'll find it tough ofcourse but they have the makings of a cracking side capable of doing anything.

Any amount of friendlies in this day and age with how shite amateur game has become in Aberdeen is ridiculous.

She needs facelift and have some association members removed.

Referees as well, I know there is a lack of referees but fuck me - some of them are just wanting to make names for themselves and they also hate a good amount of teams (bullied by certain players at school) so it's payback, proper disgrace at times.

Take up golf, no one bothers you on a course barring oyster catchers from time to time, but I like the danger of that.

not sure why the quality makes a difference to pre-season games, at any level...not sure fit ye mean Roberto.

when you talk about referees, making a name for themselves is what they do, they thrive on that, at every level, most of them anyway, and their reports for sending's off are normally a fabrication of the truth to suit their own agenda, I think a revamp is required, with less cup games and the removal of the North of Scotland which now is just another normal cup these days.

of course I take it seriously, why wouldnt I? its 5 games nae 7.....

you know Dave Askew?....we signed him so your statement is wrong, Mikey Reid who is wanted by several junior clubs....Michael Ord, 31, ex Cove Rangers a few seaons back 45 goals in the last 3 seasons, all Junior players by a country mile and I could name some more, most drop a level due to family, work commitments these days and the standard is very good at some clubs, with some excellent players....to say otherwise is just daft.

If anything the Junior level in Aberdeen has dropped in recent years in the lower leagues as it has in Amateurs.

you need match fitness, your just being silly now, you should ken that, unless yer fishing, or been out for a beer with Jimmy Calderwood.

Im sure after aboot 6 rounds of golf, fan yer bored, you'll be looking to take yer lazy arse to something else that helps with yer diluted attention span.....probably the pub. :whistling:

The amount of work most managers put in its very hard not to take it serious to an extent.

I don't think players realise how much organisation, planning and time it takes up.

It's only now that I understand from making the change.

How much are you're guys league/cup fees? Think we are £380 in Edinburgh.

Roberto. I don't agree with your view that the standard has dropped from a few years ago. How many years ago you speaking about? I have been involved in a,auteur fitba now for 17 years and yes their has has been great teams over the years such as Hilton, Kincorth, Echt and Sunnybank but during that great eras. There was also some crap playing them too. Their is loads of great players in the amateur leagues every year who could quite easily walk into top junior sides and HL sides in my opinion but choose not too for a number of reasons. Work and family commitments mainly.

of course I take it seriously, why wouldnt I? its 5 games nae 7.....

you know Dave Askew?....we signed him so your statement is wrong, Mikey Reid who is wanted by several junior clubs....Michael Ord, 31, ex Cove Rangers a few seaons back 45 goals in the last 3 seasons, all Junior players by a country mile and I could name some more, most drop a level due to family, work commitments these days and the standard is very good at some clubs, with some excellent players....to say otherwise is just daft.

If anything the Junior level in Aberdeen has dropped in recent years in the lower leagues as it has in Amateurs.

you need match fitness, your just being silly now, you should ken that, unless yer fishing, or been out for a beer with Jimmy Calderwood.

Im sure after aboot 6 rounds of golf, fan yer bored, you'll be looking to take yer lazy arse to something else that helps with yer diluted attention span.....probably the pub. :whistling:

name dropping sounds an awful lot like favouritism to me.............Just shows that whatever club you are at, whatever level you are at the management always have their golden boys............

name dropping sounds an awful lot like favouritism to me.............Just shows that whatever club you are at, whatever level you are at the management always have their golden boys............

every team have players that are onthe team sheet without hesitation....its a simple reality of the game, its nowt to do with golden boys.

Roberto. I don't agree with your view that the standard has dropped from a few years ago. How many years ago you speaking about? I have been involved in a,auteur fitba now for 17 years and yes their has has been great teams over the years such as Hilton, Kincorth, Echt and Sunnybank but during that great eras. There was also some crap playing them too. Their is loads of great players in the amateur leagues every year who could quite easily walk into top junior sides and HL sides in my opinion but choose not too for a number of reasons. Work and family commitments mainly.

spot on....

Youve came onto this thread spikin pish about a subject you know little or nothing about, you...are a stero typical run of the mill amateur player, you think you want to get back into the game after a promising season when you were 17, you turn up, canna be arsed, slag off the leagues, those involved, those who have the commitment, when the reality is, you just dont have the stomach for it ( pardon the pun)

you probably just dont have it anymore, if you had it at all? thats what being lazy does to you.....hey its happened to the best of us, some become frustrated amateur managers, some just go and put the hard work in and play till there in their late 30's....some take up golf..

So to sum it up, the leagues arent as bad as you'd like to think, maybe there not as good as they once were, but you wewre probably playing under 16's when they were...... and there are plenty players still kicking a ba that you couldnt wouldnt get near to in ability wise, many of them you know and know you, you do your mates a diservice in your uneducated opinions of players in Amateur fitba.

stick to golf, as your commitment and opinions are best served over a mixed grill and 3 pints after 18 holes.

• Upvote 1