Amateur/junior Football

Relegated to division 3 last year so rebuilt the squad. Lot of new boys, took 3 from Mugiemoss. GOt some good players and 20 signed boys with one other in the pipeline.

No idea mate, down on the site as RAM. I believe they are a Torry side.

I get mixed up with all the Glendales!

Any idea what the initials are for? Can't say I know of them I'm afraid.

RAM are called RAM as they are or were sponsored by RAM Tubulars..........they were formerly known as West End Electrical.......spot the theme there? I think Division 3 is going to be very Open this year especially as there will be 7 Going up again due to Portlethen folding, people will say Formartine because of the backing they will have but really any of the teams could challenge for the Title perhaps unlike last 2 seasons where it has been a procession before a ball was kicked!!

We beat Kemnay 1-2 last night, they were terrible.

We got beat 1-3 by Beacon Huns on Saturday, we were terrible.

So those were our only friendlies and think we had about 3/4 training sessions! That is what amateur football is all about lads!

Bring on Saturday!

We beat Kemnay 1-2 last night, they were terrible.

We got beat 1-3 by Beacon Huns on Saturday, we were terrible.

So those were our only friendlies and think we had about 3/4 training sessions! That is what amateur football is all about lads!

Bring on Saturday!

we only had 2 friendlies too, against Newburgh who beat us, and Glentanar who we beat 1-0. 5 weeks of training, hopefully enough for the start on Saturday. I would ideally have liked more friendlies.

we only had 2 friendlies too, against Newburgh who beat us, and Glentanar who we beat 1-0. 5 weeks of training, hopefully enough for the start on Saturday. I would ideally have liked more friendlies.

Dazzy,

Not talking down in regards to the division you're in but as long as you have a dedicated team of boys who are reasonably fit and skillfull you should be aiming for the 1st Division in two seasons time.

I heard that if Blackburn lose their appeal, and points deducted Echt will stay in the prem???

I heard that as well but one of their players said they had already turned down the opportunity to stay in Premier as they thought, because they were in the relegation position, they deserved to go down. Fair play if that's true and I have no reason to doubt the guy.

Really fella, are you shocked in any way?

nae sure.....cant see why its taken so long to sort it out....just a total shambles, however im not sure when they knew about the manager being on the touchline, its shite anyway...I got a 3 match ban last season and just stayed clear, its a nonsense, as if a club had 1 guy running in theyd be fiucked, as i think the ban includes changing rooms etc..( well it did for me)

ref Kintore, their youth could stand them in good stead for division 2, they are a very fit side, and that could be the difference for them this season

No way will the actual Echt Players, IMO, would want to stay in the Premier, they will want to rise to the Challenge of taking them back up, they will not want the stigma of folk saying "oh they stayed up just because they are Echt".........Just my opinion anyway.

Fitness is a big part of the game and with a young side they will probably be able to railroad the unfitter teams in Div 2 in the closing stages but as Roberto rightly says, its ok being decent and fit but you need to have the mentality to handle physical teams, Division 2/3 you can play against a fantastic passing side one week, a rugby team the next, you need to always have a plan b, passing or running the opposition to death wont win you games. That said, they will be up there in their league however looking at their League I think any of the teams could easily challenge for Promotion, will be that tight.

No way will the actual Echt Players, IMO, would want to stay in the Premier, they will want to rise to the Challenge of taking them back up, they will not want the stigma of folk saying "oh they stayed up just because they are Echt".........Just my opinion anyway.

Correct - its been discussed already between the players - however, we have been told it will not be happening and that it will be 1st division next season with any premier spaces being filled by 1st division teams from last season.

To be fair, it should be like that anyway.

• Upvote 1