Amateur/junior Football

Ha ha thanks for the info. Hopefully he's not there if we're struggling.

I think so Tommy. I've been told it is anyway.

Used to be pretty fussy about who got to play on it ie Juniors only.

I tried to get a primary select game played there years ago and it

took a heck of a lot of arguing with the committee before they agreed

after i pointed out that there would be a lot of money put over the bar before

and after the game.

I hope you get a decent ref tonight. :happy:

Used to be pretty fussy about who got to play on it ie Juniors only.

I tried to get a primary select game played there years ago and it

took a heck of a lot of arguing with the committee before they agreed

after i pointed out that there would be a lot of money put over the bar before

and after the game.

I hope you get a decent ref tonight. :happy:

Money must talk Tommy as Great Western will have paid a pretty penny to play there for the year.

Looks like the committee are a great judge of character though ;)

well, the losing streak continues, lost 4-2, 3-0 down in 7 fukkin minutes.....Kaimhill are decent, they played very very well 1st half, we couldnt get near them, back to the drawing board for us, after a very good pre-season, training and matches, all the confidence has been sucked out of us....Old Abz on Saturday.....

we've got Kaimhill in the Scottish cup Diamonds. They a handy side yeh?

We beat Glendale XI 4-0. They missed (keeper saved it) a pen to make it 1-1, then one of their boys rounded our keeper then hit the post from about 3 yards out, then we scored 3 goals. They played a lot better than their position suggests, we had half a team missing though and played two trialists, one of which scored our crucial second. We managed to persuade our keeper out of retirement for one game! What a difference he makes.

Bobo that is a worrying sign when the Player start dictating to the Manager and they get their way. Dont get me wrong, Players at this level should have a say to an extent, end of the day we all want the same thing but I feel that it can sometimes be divisive for a Manager if they show too much respect and lee-way with a group of select players as they will then think they can do what they want when it shouldnt be that way at all.

I see you and Diamonds team face off on wednesday, should be an intersting game!!

We beat Murdos on Saturday 6-3. Gave them a goal head start as we have done in 4 games this season then switched off for a 20 minute spell to allow them to come back from 3-1 to 3-3. Other than that was very comfortable. Monymusk tonight, going for 18 points out of 18. Confidence sky high amongst our entire squad.

Bobo that is a worrying sign when the Player start dictating to the Manager and they get their way. Dont get me wrong, Players at this level should have a say to an extent, end of the day we all want the same thing but I feel that it can sometimes be divisive for a Manager if they show too much respect and lee-way with a group of select players as they will then think they can do what they want when it shouldnt be that way at all.

I see you and Diamonds team face off on wednesday, should be an intersting game!!

We had a couple of guys in that position away so manager gave them a chance to see what they could do as there was no real alternative.

Safe to say it won't be happening again although they seem to think they did ok. It's amazing how differently folk see a game.

Another win last night against Monymusk away. Beat them 4-2. Both their goals were pens, one of which was a shocking decision. Foul yes but miles outside the box. Very hard pitch to play on. Grass was long and slope was bad. They were a physical side but we overcame it. Had 3 pieces of brilliant football and scored 3 goals from it. First target achieved - midweek fixtures finished and still on maximum points.

That is the evening games over till next spring, well, after tonight if you are a Prem/Div 1 team!!! Positive starts for a lot of people but for me this is when the serious stuff starts, 1 game a week, in some respects only 1 training session, Players competing for places etc etc, we will see exactly what everyone is made of as for me, said before, evening matches are a lottery, determined by so many variables, the KO time, where you are playing, which players one has available, same for the opposition, all sorts of things and the results often reflect that, you can go from humping the team top of the league on Saturday to losing to the bottom team on a Monday. Now it is all about what you do on the Saturday that counts, bring it on!!

We beat Great Northern Athletic 1-2 last night. They were all over us in the first 20 minutes and deservedly went 1-0 up. After that we got in to the game a bit more and I grabbed an equaliser on the stroke of half time. The second half was quite close again but we won the battle in the middle of the park and created the more clear cut chances and Ally Reid grabbed the winner midway through the second half. After a disappointing defeat on the first day of the season we have won 4 league games on the trot now and sitting in joint second place, a point behind the leaders.

Won 3-2 against Diamonds lot last night. We're finally starting to get some breaks. Controlled the game for 70 minutes or so, started to tire on that pitch (Diamonds has his guys fit) and they started to get more and more chances. They missed a penalty to equalise with 5 minutes to go, our keeper saved it then sprang up for a ridiculous save from the rebound.

Bobo, good win, and about right, we probably deserved a draw? Moir was superb for you....this is the worst run weve been on since ive been at the club, the teams fit, the players are good enough, but were just not making right decisions at the right times in games.....ho hum, free week this week, so time to get the tactics board oot!

I thought over 90 mins we earned it but with the pressure you guys put us under in the last 20 minutes or so we couldn't have grudged you something from that game. Never saw you there, my manager asked me never to take the ball down like that in front of goal again (think it was 3-2 at the time). It was Beckenbauer esque so I'll more than likely attempt it again in future.

Moir is a fantastic player. Surprises a lot of folk due to his build.

it is a long hard season though, people will drop points, lose players, things will change at Clubs. Not naming any teams, not my style but the way some are going and acting at the moment you would think the season is over already.................Have told players in the past, nothing gets handed out in August, you are remembered for what you achieve at the end of the season, not at the begining. Very Good some have won all their games so far, well done to them..........They might be the only games they win all season, you just do not know with Amateur Football and that is what makes it so great!!