Amateur/junior Football

Echt need to rebuild themselves, they are still an attractive club to play for but the thing is there are so many other ambitious clubs around these days that it is difficult to attract the players they were once spoilt with.

thing is, it is human nature to want to knock people off their perches, it is especially prevalent in this part of the country, we seem to want to knock people who are successful in general and if you talk about being successful you are seen as arrogant and all that other stuff.

MS Utd have a decent team this season, so do sportsmans as you would expect from being champions, it will be an interesting tussle this season in the premier and so it should be, you want the top division to be exciting and not a procession.

Losing to MS Utd was not a big major shock. They have started this season brilliantly and lost only one game this season which was to Cove and they went down to 10 men after half an hour and what i heard were very unlucky. This league will be a tight league and i predict MS to be up near the top come end of season from what i witnessed on Saturday.

pash, to some players, playing for a team with a "reputation" of being successful, well set up, good facilities, chance to progress was probably what attracted players, thing is, these days, there are more ambitious clubs out there that can offer the same thing so if say a city based guy who echt would once think would probably have beat down a path go to them would rather play for a city based team which can offer them the same thing. I should have ellaborated more on my point, echt are just a "name" these days and to some players, joining echt for the name alone to be on a potential journey to helping they be successful again would probably be enough to get them to go there.

pash, to some players, playing for a team with a "reputation" of being successful, well set up, good facilities, chance to progress was probably what attracted players, thing is, these days, there are more ambitious clubs out there that can offer the same thing so if say a city based guy who echt would once think would probably have beat down a path go to them would rather play for a city based team which can offer them the same thing. I should have ellaborated more on my point, echt are just a "name" these days and to some players, joining echt for the name alone to be on a potential journey to helping they be successful again would probably be enough to get them to go there.

I know but what facilities are these? An average pitch in the middle of a park with swings and slides beside it. Do they have secret training facilities or something?

The Indian is one of the best about, probably best I have ever had.

Bobo Athletic 3-2 Pash

Horrible game, both teams played crap, ref was terrible. We had a make shift team including a flat mate of a player who has never played in goals and our only sub who hasn't played since last year. I scored two stunning goals, both from no further than 6 yards out. They managed to grab an offside goal before half time. Second half was equally rubbish, ref throwing yellow cards around like he's Gambit. They had a perfectly good header (from what I saw from half way line) from a set-piece chalked off. Neilly Reid missed a free header from a corner...then the game changer! Our right back received a second yellow, but it was a dive, be pulled out when he knew the boy was going past him but the Bobo Athletic player stuck his leg out then went down like a bag full of spunk. Cheating prick. After that I came off as I had to get to BoD for a kitchen appointment and we went one up top. But as I drove past the formation we were playing suggested something horrible had happened since my departure.

Bobo do you want to finish off the match report?!

I agree and disagree in parts Pash.

Didn't realise you were the number 9, took your goals well (right place, right time). If we had you up top we'd have been cruising at half time. A few of our guys were claiming your first was offside but I didn't agree. We had a stone wall pen turned down just before your second, couldn't believe the ref never gave that.

For our offside goal the ref said the boy who scored wasn't offside but someone in an offside position had moved towards the ball. From where I was your number 2 caught our player but I wouldn't have seen him flick his leg out so will trust your judgement there. Number 2 did get away with a WWE style clothlesline whilst on a yellow so he maybe deserved to go earlier. Our number 4 was sent off for a second yellow with minutes to go. I thoguht he should have been sent off for a late tackle minutes after he received his first yellow early in the second half.

When we finally got that second goal we had you guys pinned back but you were attempting to play on the counter attack. We missed a few more great chances until finally getting the winner, 5 minutes before the end. We got the red card not long after.

I'd like to think both teams can definitely play better. You mentioned missing players, I hope that number 4 is not a regular starter as he was total mince. You are also the most physical team I've seen us play so far, I don't think you'll lose too many games. This time last year we would have crumbled at 2-0 so we're definitely improving.

Losing to MS Utd was not a big major shock. They have started this season brilliantly and lost only one game this season which was to Cove and they went down to 10 men after half an hour and what i heard were very unlucky. This league will be a tight league and i predict MS to be up near the top come end of season from what i witnessed on Saturday.

I had hoped you'd give therm a hiding. A few of my mates who used to play for us are annoying me on their Facebook feed at the moment.

From experience, if the going gets tough then they don't get going. It will be interesting to see how they get on if they suffer consecutive defeats.

I agree and disagree in parts Pash.

Didn't realise you were the number 9, took your goals well (right place, right time). If we had you up top we'd have been cruising at half time. A few of our guys were claiming your first was offside but I didn't agree. We had a stone wall pen turned down just before your second, couldn't believe the ref never gave that.

For our offside goal the ref said the boy who scored wasn't offside but someone in an offside position had moved towards the ball. From where I was your number 2 caught our player but I wouldn't have seen him flick his leg out so will trust your judgement there. Number 2 did get away with a WWE style clothlesline whilst on a yellow so he maybe deserved to go earlier. Our number 4 was sent off for a second yellow with minutes to go. I thoguht he should have been sent off for a late tackle minutes after he received his first yellow early in the second half.

When we finally got that second goal we had you guys pinned back but you were attempting to play on the counter attack. We missed a few more great chances until finally getting the winner, 5 minutes before the end. We got the red card not long after.

I'd like to think both teams can definitely play better. You mentioned missing players, I hope that number 4 is not a regular starter as he was total mince. You are also the most physical team I've seen us play so far, I don't think you'll lose too many games. This time last year we would have crumbled at 2-0 so we're definitely improving.

Haha oh yeah, I forgot about that penalty shout, stonewall imo too. Aye that was me, most of my goals could be described like that! I didn't see the 'tackle' or the boy flick his leg out but our number 2 and the others who saw it said that he did, I believe him cos he would have admitted to me later if he had binned him, but yeah he got done a few times and was walking a tight rope. Your number 4 done a two footer on me right in front of the ref in first half and got nothing! Ref was shite for both teams so swings and roundabouts. I can't remember who our number 4 was? Nah you deserved the win I reckon, always close when we play, just a bit annoyed at how we lost.

Haha oh yeah, I forgot about that penalty shout, stonewall imo too. Aye that was me, most of my goals could be described like that! I didn't see the 'tackle' or the boy flick his leg out but our number 2 and the others who saw it said that he did, I believe him cos he would have admitted to me later if he had binned him, but yeah he got done a few times and was walking a tight rope. Your number 4 done a two footer on me right in front of the ref in first half and got nothing! Ref was shite for both teams so swings and roundabouts. I can't remember who our number 4 was? Nah you deserved the win I reckon, always close when we play, just a bit annoyed at how we lost.

Now that you've mentioned it I remember that tackle. I was expecting the worst, not the ref to play on!

Number 4 was a big tall guy, basically ran about threatening folk with violence.

The referee was also being assessed to move up to Junior level.

I think that's the first time we've beat you but could be wrong there.

Now that you've mentioned it I remember that tackle. I was expecting the worst, not the ref to play on!

Number 4 was a big tall guy, basically ran about threatening folk with violence.

The referee was also being assessed to move up to Junior level.

I think that's the first time we've beat you but could be wrong there.

I could have made the most out of that and went down like a sack of tatties howling like a quine but I am hard as f**k. :roids:

Ah Rory, he is decent usually, like I said, don't think anyone from either team would have got marked more than 6 out of 10!

That explains the ref then!

Pash, did you buy the kitchen? I wasn't going to ask but it was playing on my mind.

I will update my kitchen situation on the Latest Purchase thread Dayts.

Does the ginger lad dale still play for alford or has has karma finally caught him?

Dale got injured in summer league so is assistant manager at the mo, so yeah you could say karma caught up with him! He is the sorta c*nt you hate playing against but love to have in your team.

That's Pash.

Roberto have you got no work to do today?!

we beat Feauchside 2-1, think we deserved it by all accounts, though we were 1-0 down, im away working at the minute, away to Torry Select tonight, very tough game, think there flying? 4 games in, 2 wins, a draw and a loss, be happy to get into this weekend with 4 points, away to Alford on Wednesday...

Routine 5-3 victory for Alford last night.

:happy:

still away pash, indeed I did, was he as bad as im hearing?

Probably worse! Your big ginger boy at the back got the softest yellow card I can remember, unfortunately for him it was his second and it was in the box, his first was pretty soft as well mind you. You lot were up 3-2 at half-time despite being down to 10 men after 20 minutes or so. We scored two screamers in the second half then you had another boy sent off at the end, didn't actually see what that was for, probably nothing, then we scored from a quick corner routine. He was straight out of referee school though this boy, looked like he was 17 or something, and clearly been watching too much Sky Sports. You have it all recorded though don't you? Is that to show the committee the terrible performance of the ref? To analyise your teams perormance? So you can watch it as you are away? Or to see me change shorts before coming on?

the email I recieved was " it was the closest ive ever been to taking the players off the park" I believe our pen was soft as shite also....all I can say is, thank fukk i wasnt there as I would have been sent aff and probably banned for life.....anyhow, the leagues wide open this season, we are bare bones Saturday, but home to halliburton so fingers crossed mate

the email I recieved was " it was the closest ive ever been to taking the players off the park" I believe our pen was soft as shite also....all I can say is, thank fukk i wasnt there as I would have been sent aff and probably banned for life.....anyhow, the leagues wide open this season, we are bare bones Saturday, but home to halliburton so fingers crossed mate

Our manager said afterwards that if he was on the wrong end of those decisions he would have been going mental. Hopefully you hump those Westhill minkers on Saturday min.

Young lad with dark hair...

Perhaps the cunt that sent me off. He was terrible and I'd go as far as saying the worst referee in amateur football.

He wants to send folk off.

Aye that's him, and yeah he's the worst I can remember.

You probably deserved it though as you are a dirty c*nt.

Aw Pash, don't be like that... :unsure:

We've had such an up an down start to the season, slowly starting to get our full squad back, but always the same for most teams in preseason or early on, never get the numbers needed to see out games.

Although we have had a new older boy come in this season with his 'experience' at the back and we have leaked about a quarter of last seasons goals conceded already.