Amateur/junior Football

Rules are rules though. Other teams who have been deducted points for the same offence could appeal if it got out so it needs done. Id ask the question though, would your commitee member have reacted the same way if it wasnt his team involved? Some of the punishments im noticing are unreal in amateur football. I got a 4 match ban for being headbutted. Ref put it down as a head to head confrontation and sent us both off, even if that was the case, 4 games for going head to head is ridiculous.

Rules are not rules though.

We lost a game last year to a team who fielded a few unregistered players. We didn't complain as we didn't know. They lost the points and we didn't get them so it was still marked as a defeat for us.

sounds like a dis-jointed set-up, which has cost them points.....and probably will again....

We said the same after playing them in pre season. Team of athletes who will do not bad in division 3 but would be let down by administration and not knowing the simple rules of the game. Petty as some of the rules seem, they didnt know them...tape on socks being the correct colour, under armour being same colour, didnt know obstruction rules, caught out with passbacks etc. This harsh punishment in them will teach them in the long run not to do it again and the importance of having everything right. From what I could see, their goalie/manager is their committee, he does everything himself. It was funny, we were speaking to them after our friendly and they didnt know at that time they would have to play midweek games haha.

We said the same after playing them in pre season. Team of athletes who will do not bad in division 3 but would be let down by administration and not knowing the simple rules of the game. Petty as some of the rules seem, they didnt know them...tape on socks being the correct colour, under armour being same colour, didnt know obstruction rules, caught out with passbacks etc. This harsh punishment in them will teach them in the long run not to do it again and the importance of having everything right. From what I could see, their goalie/manager is their committee, he does everything himself. It was funny, we were speaking to them after our friendly and they didnt know at that time they would have to play midweek games haha.

You have got to be fucking kidding.

That's a rule?

Folk threatened with bats, folk head butted, folk ambushed and referees given death threats and one of the rules is the tape on your socks has to match the socks.

:laughing:

You have got to be fucking kidding.

That's a rule?

Folk threatened with bats, folk head butted, folk ambushed and referees given death threats and one of the rules is the tape on your socks has to match the socks.

Yip it sure is. Frustrating if there's a last minute change of strip. I can understand under armour to a degree but the tape is stupid. Especially when it can become a book able offence. One ref told us a few weeks ago that there is talk of when a keeper needs to wear a cap, it has to match his kit. Ridiculous rule if that comes into effect.

Yip it sure is. Frustrating if there's a last minute change of strip. I can understand under armour to a degree but the tape is stupid. Especially when it can become a book able offence. One ref told us a few weeks ago that there is talk of when a keeper needs to wear a cap, it has to match his kit. Ridiculous rule if that comes into effect.

A booking for wearing the wrong colour of tape. Surely if you get booked for that and don't have a change of tape then he'd have to send you off. Second bookable offence. Off you go lad.

Classic.

The cap one is a belter as well. Does it have to match his top, his shorts or his socks? By match do you mean the same colour or do they have to "go together" in a fashion sense?

Holy shitballs what a fucked up lot run your leagues.

A booking for wearing the wrong colour of tape. Surely if you get booked for that and don't have a change of tape then he'd have to send you off. Second bookable offence. Off you go lad.

Classic.

The cap one is a belter as well. Does it have to match his top, his shorts or his socks? By match do you mean the same colour or do they have to "go together" in a fashion sense?

Holy shitballs what a fucked up lot run your leagues.

You get one warning to change it then it's a booking. But yeh it could technically end up in a red card. No idea regards the cap, the ref was just slagging some of the rulings to us pre match and mentioned it was being considered. They are all FIFA rules apparently...that's what we are told anyway when we moan about them.

The best one I heard from a referee was at the weekend, not sure if your team were told the same but the ref told our subs.... 'you're not allowed to warm up with the fitbas by the side of the pitch'.

Hahaha I thought it was comical.

Some refs are mintal.

That's a rule that came into play at the start of this season. Nobody allowed to kick a football on the sidelines during the game.

Haha aye that rule is brilliant, you may not warm up with a football during a football match at the side of a football pitch... brilliant. :wtf:

My most hated referees are the ones that book people for talking back etc. yet you ask them as politely as you possibly can what he gave the decision for and they simply reply with "Shut up!".

the rule on no warming up with the ball came into force last season. you are permitted to do so on the pitch at half time. dont understand the annoyance though, you dont see players in higher levels warming up on sidelines with the ball........

FFs min maybe because there's 4 stands for a start.

I have to agree at this level same coloured under armour and tape is a bit of a joke! Trying to find certain colours is a bit of a pain! It's the cycling shorts that annoys me the most though as you can only see a inch of different colour at bottom of shorts but still made to take them off!

Boofon am I missing something with this new roof at Rothie? What's the story their?

The funniest one i saw was a game at Sheddocksley and the pitch next to where the game was being played was not being used. The subs of one of the teams were warming up on the "spare pitch" basically 50/60 yards away from the game and the ref stopped play to tell them they cant warm up with balls at side of pitch. I was in knots.

The funniest one i saw was a game at Sheddocksley and the pitch next to where the game was being played was not being used. The subs of one of the teams were warming up on the "spare pitch" basically 50/60 yards away from the game and the ref stopped play to tell them they cant warm up with balls at side of pitch. I was in knots.

That happened to us when Diamonds lot came to town, ref actually stopped the game to tell us to stop playing with the balls on the next pitch down. He was being filmed mind you, not sure if that was for Diamonds pleasure or some refereeing assessment.

:hysterical: Yet when wee yobs in the past have been tearing it along the pitches during games on stolen motorbikes with no helmets and the likes, the ref carries on as usual...

I doubt Fifa have any rules that include stopping wee yobs tearing around on stolen motorbikes.

Hearing rumblings that Sportsmans are being brought up before the committee for alleged draw fixing in the Scottish Cup. Were drawn away from home but their secretary was at the draw and changed them from away to home. As the draw was minuted there is no chance of it being changed but it looks likely they'll be booted out.

That happened to us when Diamonds lot came to town, ref actually stopped the game to tell us to stop playing with the balls on the next pitch down. He was being filmed mind you, not sure if that was for Diamonds pleasure or some refereeing assessment.

I doubt Fifa have any rules that include stopping wee yobs tearing around on stolen motorbikes.

Are you allowed to play with your Stormtrooper outfit on Pash?

• Upvote 1