US Open

(yes tup, :tup: )

So, all kicks off tommorrow again, once again Tigerless, so should be a great tourney.

Fatshaft's picks, which were so successful for the Masters :cry:

Winner: David Toms, having a great year, 8th in the Fedex with a win under his belt, 3rd in driving accuracy and 2nd in GIR. 1st in all round stats ranking, and a man in recent form. 55/1 with Billy Hills, that'll do for me.

In the frame:

Dustin Johnston - been playing near the edges of tournies but not quite contending, had a good year in majors last year and returning to the scene of his biggest crime in 2010, will be up there. 25/1

Matt Kuchar & Hunter Mahan - Both been in good form all year but without a win. I always take the Yanks in the US Open, and with them having no current major winners it's time for a new face to step up. Both these guys are 25/1, maybe bit short for Mahan, but good price for Kuchar.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(yes tup, :tup: )

So, all kicks off tommorrow again, once again Tigerless, so should be a great tourney.

Fatshaft's picks, which were so successful for the Masters :cry:

Winner: David Toms, having a great year, 8th in the Fedex with a win under his belt, 3rd in driving accuracy and 2nd in GIR. 1st in all round stats ranking, and a man in recent form. 55/1 with Billy Hills, that'll do for me.

In the frame:

Dustin Johnston - been playing near the edges of tournies but not quite contending, had a good year in majors last year and returning to the scene of his biggest crime in 2010, will be up there. 25/1

Matt Kuchar & Hunter Mahan - Both been in good form all year but without a win. I always take the Yanks in the US Open, and with them having no current major winners it's time for a new face to step up. Both these guys are 25/1, maybe bit short for Mahan, but good price for Kuchar.

66 at Sportingbet if not put on yet

McDowell surprisingly good odds for the defending champion but is his form good enough? I reckon he if he's not in contention, he may miss the cut. I reckon there'll be no middle ground for him this week.

Golf Monthly have a US Open competition running, the tie breaker is McDowell's final placing, I plumped for a MC, he's been really struggling lately.

I actually EXPECT him to miss the cut but roberto thinks every time I hold a different opinion to him, it's a personal attack so I was being gentle with him.

His win v. Tiger was class though but like Harrington when he was capable of winning majors, I don't think the swing is robust enough. He's riding a wave of confidence and it may already be waning after only 12 months, whereas Padraig got more out of his wave. It's all about opinions and I would like GMac to win more majors but wouldn't be surprised if he falls into the trap of swing-rebuilding-for-long-term-gain. The game's played in the heid, min! Your current swing got you here, live with it.

Furyk being the prime example if it aint broke, dinna fix it

I see Edfors is setting the early pace.

The three heavyweights sit ominously behind, in the shape of Donald, Kaymer, and Westwood. What a marquee grouping to have those three playing together!

No Tiger Woods is obviously a major talking point, injuries and scandal look to have put paid to him for good, and this has ushered in a period of uncertainty at the top of the world rankings, with the above trio vying for position.

:tup:

How often does Garcia change his putting grip. Feck sake.

Still not doing too bad, but he'd be dangerous in this tournament if he could sink putts.

Hes been putting like that all year?? Although hasnt holed everything today, hes played very well. Think he will still be up there as his ball striking is fantastic.