US Open

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only June.....he has time to change it again.

That said, since Garcia started playing golf, how often when putting has he changed his grip??

Fair point but if you were such a great driver and ball striker with your irons but couldnt hole a putt im sure you would change all the time!

Early days but good 69 yesterday albeit with a 3 putt at the last. Not a fan of the claw grip myself but has definately improved his stroke, hope it continues to do that.

Rors is producing the greatest show ever seen in world golf. Already breaking all USGA records, this is all over already and hopefully by a record margin.

Simply the greatest display of ball control ever seen in major golf. *stunned smiley*

I really fancied him, infact was going to post on here on wednesday night that I thought he'd be up there come today, didn't expect the masterclass he has been showing, gutted I never put anything on him atall.

You live and learn.

After McDowall winning it last year i really should have thought that there was a possibility of another non-American winning it, but after Rory's spectacular Masters collapse i'd never have thought of backing him. Mind you that's the thing though, it's not over yet, he could still have another spectacular collapse today. Hopefully not and he goes on to win it, what an achievement that would be.

Come on Rory!!!! :applause:

After McDowall winning it last year i really should have thought that there was a possibility of another non-American winning it, but after Rory's spectacular Masters collapse i'd never have thought of backing him. Mind you that's the thing though, it's not over yet, he could still have another spectacular collapse today. Hopefully not and he goes on to win it, what an achievement that would be.

Come on Rory!!!! :applause:

Cant see him not winning tonight. Can shoot 75 and still win probably and dont think he will be over par at all.

As I said earlier, in da bag for Rors.

Loving this Westwood collapse. McIlroy's not a big fan of Lee apparently. They have history.

McIlroy's got at least one major and he's nearer 20 than 25.

Ree Restrood (as Korean TV or Japan Broadcasting Corporation might pronounce) has got f**k all nearer 40 than 30.

What history is this? Both part of Chubby Chandler group of golfers and each others twitter they are always tweeting each other or showing pictures of them at lunch together or practicing together. Cant see that at all.

Would hardly say its been a collapse from Westwood too. Hes level par and played a poor 6th hole thats it.

Did anyone see, or care, who was walking alongside rorrington's dad at the 18th, none other than SHANE MCMAHON! Billionaire Vince's son from the WWE. I reckon he his in town to do some hob-nobbing with the heid bummers at the golf club. All the old buffers must be washington power folk, so Vince will be looking to push his son forward for the republican party. A wrestler in the white house!

I ve been thinking about the performance of Rory and im not 100% sure about the "hype" of this being an all time superb perfromance, dont get me wrong his iron display was immense and off the tee it was outstanding, and as good as sir tiger at his best, but I think the course wasnt at its hardest, Im saying this because of the players in and around the leader.

Garcia, a couple of American dudes weve not seen much of, Westwood (who cant putt for toffee like Garcia) was this the true US Open style course? did the weather soften the greens? Stenson found form, Harrington made a cut and was in and around the tip 10 for a long time.....

anyone else believe young Rory"s performance has been sky-sports hyped?

I'm on the fence, and after Saturday I had no doubt Rory was going to win, but was it the performance of the century?

Did anyone see, or care, who was walking alongside rorrington's dad at the 18th, none other than SHANE MCMAHON! Billionaire Vince's son from the WWE. I reckon he his in town to do some hob-nobbing with the heid bummers at the golf club. All the old buffers must be washington power folk, so Vince will be looking to push his son forward for the republican party. A wrestler in the white house!

wrestlers in the whitehouse, I think theres enough fake fukkers in there already

is that yer answer....wow!!!!!!!!

thanks for that

Eh, you're the one asking a daft question.

And with reagrds to the rest of your post...

You said the course was not at it's hardest because of the players in and around the leader. So because guys like Mickleson, Donald (world number 1) etc were struggling and very far back...it takes it away fromMcIlroy who finished 20 odd shots clear of these top 5 players??

Eh, you're the one asking a daft question.

And with reagrds to the rest of your post...

You said the course was not at it's hardest because of the players in and around the leader. So because guys like Mickleson, Donald (world number 1) etc were struggling and very far back...it takes it away fromMcIlroy who finished 20 odd shots clear of these top 5 players??

Dynamo,

Rather than baiting a ****ing argument, what are your thoughts on his overall performance, id much rather have your opinions on that.

Dynamo,

Rather than baiting a ****ing argument, what are your thoughts on his overall performance, id much rather have your opinions on that.

No baiting, you implied that because big name players weren't in the top 5 takes away from McIlroys, I was just saying that's ridiclous.

An exceptional performance to be in the 60s for 4 rounds, which has only ever been done once before (Trevino '69). To reach a record low of -17 for the US Open pretty incredible too and i'm sure weather conditions have been similar in the past.

To finish 8 shots clear of the field, and to shoot a 69 on the final day shows a lot of bottle too after Augusta.

No baiting, you implied that because big name players weren't in the top 5 takes away from McIlroys, I was just saying that's ridiclous.

An exceptional performance to be in the 60s for 4 rounds, which has only ever been done once before (Trevino '69). To reach a record low of -17 for the US Open pretty incredible too and i'm sure weather conditions have been similar in the past.

To finish 8 shots clear of the field, and to shoot a 69 on the final day shows a lot of bottle too after Augusta.

where did I fecken say that?

your missing my point, did the weather conditions contribute to his performance? was it as spectacular as the world of golf are drowning in?

was it as spectacular that woods 1st masters, shooting a front 9 of 40 then back in 30, then winning the thing.

it was a sublime 4 rounds of golf, but was it a true us open test.

where did I fecken say that?

your missing my point, did the weather conditions contribute to his performance? was it as spectacular as the world of golf are drowning in?

was it as spectacular that woods 1st masters, shooting a front 9 of 40 then back in 30, then winning the thing.

it was a sublime 4 rounds of golf, but was it a true us open test.

Yes

Well if the weather did contribute to his performance, it didn't to anyone elses...

wrong....stennson and garcia who have been terrible all season.....and a couple of no mark yanks and the terrible putter thats lee westwood, im not sure its all its being hyped up to be, add to that an amateur who was level par...

im not saying rorys performance was not outstanding, it was, however im just not convinced it was as brilliant as it has been made out by many.

wrong....stennson and garcia who have been terrible all season.....and a couple of no mark yanks and the terrible putter thats lee westwood, im not sure its all its being hyped up to be, add to that an amateur who was level par...

im not saying rorys performance was not outstanding, it was, however im just not convinced it was as brilliant as it has been made out by many.

Terrible putter and world number 1 until 2 weeks ago....yea, he's sh*t.

No mark yanks, every major you'll have no mark yanks near the top. Hamilton and Curtis won the open not long ago!

Garcia was hitting the ball brilliantly, he just can't putt. Stenson finished 23rd (+3), no idea why you're talking about him.