3 New Trialists Arrive

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it on topic please Betty.

As ever, they could be good, could be sh*te.

Far less interested on what any of them have or haven't done before, and far more interested in whether the manager paid to manager or squad sees something in them in training that could benefit us.

Its more like "could be good but winna be and more than likely be sh*te."

Regardless what Mr Eb said stats dinna lie.

Well why would any player ever go on trial anywhere or why would anybody bother with scouting, why not just look at numbers on a sheet like you're playing Football Manager?

Folk can't constantly run down the quality of the SPL then be outraged at the level of player we're potentially looking at.

I think I did make the point that this player has a poor history in a league poorer than the spl.

Even so, just because our league is sh*t doesn't require us to sign sh*te players.

Here's a crazy idea, our league is sh*te, how about we buy/get some players that are better than the rest and see what happens.

:itch-chin:

I wish people would take a reality check. Can someone please tell me what is Aberdeen class? Who is exactly good enough? The Spanish lad was automatically Derek Whyte because he came from a lower Spanish division. Some people are even claiming Hughes is not good enough to sign for Aberdeen. WHIT? Some people are just never gonna be pleased, although I stand by my Mackie statement!!!!!!!! (useless :deadhorse: )

We are a sh*te Scottish Fitba team who are skint, skint and more skint. We cant go and sign a player that involves a transfer fee so why is it such a crime for Brown and Knox to bring in a few trialists to see if we can uncover a gem? If they discover even one player who turns out to be a steal then its great work by the management duo.

Every confidence in the management, when we get back to the days of Byrne and McQuilken then we're in real trouble!

I wish people would take a reality check. Can someone please tell me what is Aberdeen class? Who is exactly good enough? The Spanish lad was automatically Derek Whyte because he came from a lower Spanish division. Some people are even claiming Hughes is not good enough to sign for Aberdeen. WHIT? Some people are just never gonna be pleased, although I stand by my Mackie statement!!!!!!!! (useless :deadhorse: )

We are a sh*te Scottish Fitba team who are skint, skint and more skint. We cant go and sign a player that involves a transfer fee so why is it such a crime for Brown and Knox to bring in a few trialists to see if we can uncover a gem? If they discover even one player who turns out to be a steal then its great work by the management duo.

Every confidence in the management, when we get back to the days of Byrne and McQuilken then we're in real trouble!

Yet you're the one stating you won't go back to Pittodrie if Mackie starts up front? :laughing:

Clown.

I'd take a Derek Whyte standard player as things stand.

He'd be like f**king Maldini compared to some.

At the risk of sounding like Alan Hanson... there's some seriously poor defending on the lead up to some of those goals.

To be fair to this guy, he looks pretty composed (more than Mackie at least) & finishes well, seems to score a lot of goals with his head although I'm not so sure he'd be given as much space or free headers in the hectic SPL. Also not sure if he'd be very well suited to play along side Vernon. Vernon needs a creative striker with him, as he doesn't seem to create too much himself.

If we did sign him & IF he scored a few early on he could be a real fans favourite cos of his passion & celebrations & celebrating with the fans but it seems he's had a lot of cards & my guess is that the bulk of them are for his celebrating & leaving the field while doing so.

A youtube clip proves zip.

You are comparing a Mackie 2 minute clip with half a dozen maybe 10 goals (is that all you can find from him) & one of which was the ball off the back of the heid one :laughing: to a 10 minute clip with 4 or 5 times the amount of goals?

But to all these guys saying this is where we're at, this is where we have to look as we have no money....

Baws!

If the board are to be believed & we are NOT shrinking the playing budget from last season, then we can certainly afford to be looking at & for better than this cos we've lost or let go a fair few high earners, Smith,Hartley & Diamond (all high) Bebo I'm guessing was reasonably highish also but not as high as that three, also you have the likes of Blackman.

We have some wages for free transfer signings & can expect some high earners to come.

I just hope we're not holding back on cash to keep it for Rae to make his decision because that has mistake written all over it.

The reason we are a sh*te football team is because we are signing sh*te injury prone players who cant get a game anywhere else.

Could have had Rankin / Robertson or one of the other 20 plus midfielders that were up for grabs from the SPL, instead we keep signing dross.

If your happy paying

So much negative talk! These are players on a par with our budget so best we just get on with it. He's only a trialist right now, this isn't a signing!!!!!! I'll start to worry when Brown signs these kind of players without looking at them first!! :banghead:

bullshit - these players are on a par with our budget?

We have the 4th biggest budget in the SPL and we can only get players who cant get a gig at Eastbourne?!

No, will never accept that!!!

Unambitious claptrap.

Season ticket sales are apparently the slowest they've ever been - little wonder!

Uninspiring crap from Aberdeen I'm afraid.

The reason we are a sh*te football team is because we are signing sh*te injury prone players who cant get a game anywhere else.

Could have had Rankin / Robertson or one of the other 20 plus midfielders that were up for grabs from the SPL, instead we keep signing dross.

If your happy paying

We have the 4th biggest budget in the SPL and we can only get players who cant get a gig at Eastbourne?!

Unambitious claptrap.

Season ticket sales are apparently the slowest they've ever been - little wonder!

f**king A.

Craig Brown is a bottom six manager, assembling a bottom 6 team.

If Mcghee had made this signing he would have been slated.

To be fair to this guy, he looks pretty composed (more than Mackie at least) & finishes well, seems to score a lot of goals with his head although I'm not so sure he'd be given as much space or free headers in the hectic SPL. Also not sure if he'd be very well suited to play along side Vernon. Vernon needs a creative striker with him, as he doesn't seem to create too much himself.

If we did sign him & IF he scored a few early on he could be a real fans favourite cos of his passion & celebrations & celebrating with the fans but it seems he's had a lot of cards & my guess is that the bulk of them are for his celebrating & leaving the field while doing so.

You are comparing a Mackie 2 minute clip with half a dozen maybe 10 goals (is that all you can find from him) & one of which was the ball off the back of the heid one :laughing: to a 10 minute clip with 4 or 5 times the amount of goals?

But to all these guys saying this is where we're at, this is where we have to look as we have no money....

Baws!

If the board are to be believed & we are NOT shrinking the playing budget from last season, then we can certainly afford to be looking at & for better than this cos we've lost or let go a fair few high earners, Smith,Hartley & Diamond (all high) Bebo I'm guessing was reasonably highish also but not as high as that three, also you have the likes of Blackman.

We have some wages for free transfer signings & can expect some high earners to come.

I just hope we're not holding back on cash to keep it for Rae to make his decision because that has mistake written all over it.

We are. Overheard Neil Simpson the other night when I was working saying that youth is essential especially considering the fact that the first team budget is half of last season's.

If your happy paying

Unambitious claptrap.

This ^^^^.

Some see through the sh*te now hence the crowds are gan doon.

AFC need to get a grip, the small band of happy clappers is getting less and less.