3 New Trialists Arrive

Could have had Rankin / Robertson or one of the other 20 plus midfielders that were up for grabs from the SPL, instead we keep signing dross.

So players who have been released from our rivals are good enough for us? :dontknow:

Edit: in fact, would you care to name 20+ midfielders you would have been happy for us to sign that have been released in the SPL?

If your happy paying £25 to go and watch plumbers and part time players playing then you go ahead.

Do you sit in the Main Stand often like? And I'm not sure who you're on about plumbers/part-time - as far as I'm aware all our players are professionals?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are. Overheard Neil Simpson the other night when I was working saying that youth is essential especially considering the fact that the first team budget is half of last season's.

Really?

Fkn arseholes eh! so they are yet again just blatantly lying to us by saying in the press that we will not be shrinking the budget.

Why the hell should any of us spend OUR cash on that bunch of corrupt dicks?

They have some serious PR problems that are needing addressed.

Really?

Fkn arseholes eh! so they are yet again just blatantly lying to us by saying in the press that we will not be shrinking the budget.

Why the hell should any of us spend OUR cash on that bunch of corrupt dicks?

They have some serious PR problems that are needing addressed.

Yeah, couldn't believe it. Big risk from MIlne given how our season panned out last year with that budget. Could prove to be a very difficult season ahead.

Yeah, couldn't believe it. Big risk from MIlne given how our season panned out last year with that budget. Could prove to be a very difficult season ahead.

This disgusts me if true.

The club is dying at an alarming rate.

The new stadium is not going to be the miracle that they seem to think. They have to take the chance & spend (at the very least) the same as last season if they are going to get fans back in.

We won't go & watch sh*te for ever even if you put the sh*te in a fancy toilet.

bullshit - these players are on a par with our budget?

We have the 4th biggest budget in the SPL and we can only get players who cant get a gig at Eastbourne?!

No, will never accept that!!!

Unambitious claptrap.

Season ticket sales are apparently the slowest they've ever been - little wonder!

Uninspiring crap from Aberdeen I'm afraid.

I suggest you go and support a team with a bottomless pit of cash sk. its the only way you will be happy.

ST sales are sh*t because AFC can't put a team together worth a f**k. Lets just wait and see if these guys Broon signs can play well as a team or not.

If they go out there, give their all and pick up a few results to start off with the crowds will come back.

Issac Osbourne has played a lot at right back although his preferred position is central midfield. This would suggest we could easy stick him at right midfield as part of our scraping the barrell exercise.

Isaac Osbourne and the Spanish boy I can maybe see why we would give trials to them, but the rest are of a very poor standard. I would really prefer Brown and the club be honest and tell us what the budget is. We as fans can then get an idea who to expect.

So basically we are going to try emulate Skovdahl's 1999 team....that ended well...

Judging by the standard of players coming in on trial the budget is not very much as I'm sure Broon would have gone for better if he could, but that is the reality of the situation and we the fans will just have to like it or lump it.

I have never seen any of these guys play so if they sign I would give them a chance before I start moaning, on the other hand I have seen Rankin and Tade play so I know they are sh*te

Isaac Osbourne and the Spanish boy I can maybe see why we would give trials to them, but the rest are of a very poor standard. I would really prefer Brown and the club be honest and tell us what the budget is. We as fans can then get an idea who to expect.

So basically we are going to try emulate Skovdahl's 1999 team....that ended well...

that's how far we've fallen and how tight we are.

We are talking up a player like Osbourne, who hasn't played a first team game for nearly 2 years, as if he's a midfield genius.

Mind you, compared to sh*te from the non leagues of England, he probably is.

At a time when alot of fans are 50/50 about renewing season books, unambitious muck like this wont help.

I despair, I really do.

And any ostriches that come back and put a positive spin on trialling a player from Eastbourne, Eastwood, East feckin neuk or wherever he comes from, are seriously deluded.

Just last week, we were talking about Steven Smith, Stephen Hughes, decent players with good SPL pedigree.

Now? Total non-entities.

Shambolic and unambitious

I genuinely can't believe that we've maintained our budget, or that we have the fourth largest first team budget, just based on the number of players gone versus the number, and quality, of players we're allegedly looking to bring in.

Given the choice of suspending disbelief or suspecting that the club is, as usual, lying/being disingenuous, I think I'll settle for the latter.

How did these people get their claws into our club?

We have nowhere near 4th biggest budget, and I'm seriously worried that this time next year we might have the biggest budget in Division One if this is the standards we're looking to set.

Decent players don't need 'trials', they get snapped up. How many trialists have we had in the last god knows how many years? And how many can we honestly say have worked out well?

Very, very worried.

I just hope that CB has some better targets in mind and that the trialists aren't the standard being set. Also i reckon that we will bring in a few quality (relatively) loan players towards the end of July and into August once the English teams sort their squads out.

If bot then it's going to be another frustrating season....

Didn't know what thread to put this in but, Nicky Law the player who is set to join Motherwell i definitely think we should of made of move for him, can play centre mid or winger i think and he is wanted by a lot of clubs in England and i feel he could of been that creative player we badly need and surely we could of beat Motherwell in wages!

Of course, all the comments above regarding half the budget from last season, and taking non-entities in on trial, completely flies in the face of the tact taken by Tup.

According to Tup, we'd all be very happy.... no wait, pleasantly surprised by the squad when the new season kicks off.

Bwahahahahaha.

Of course, all the comments above regarding half the budget from last season, and taking non-entities in on trial, completely flies in the face of the tact taken by Tup.

According to Tup, we'd all be very happy.... no wait, pleasantly surprised by the squad when the new season kicks off.

Bwahahahahaha.

Conspicious by his absence in the light of the non-entities coming in from all parts.

Bwahahahahaha.

I think Tup has been taken in by club rhetoric... meanwhile all we're seeing is a shrinking of the squad and no coherent game plan other than a string of trialists in the desperate hope that somewhere out there are competent players who will play for sweeties... so we look at amateurs, players who never actually get games, injury-prone accidents-waiting-to-happen, kids and assorted emergency shirt-fillers.

Personally I think we're in a lot of trouble, the board and management just doesn't have the one functioning bollock between them needed to be honest with the fans. They're just so used to lying that it's the only thing they know at this point.

Now it's POSSIBLE, because f**k, anything's possible given enough time and dimensions, it's possible that Brown looking at Spanish Amateurs, players who never play, injury-cases, shirt fillers and guys who are in their mid thirties, it's possible that Brown looking at these... 'players'.... is merely a smokescreen, and that come the opening of the transfer window we'll sign a whole bunch of capable players who can give us an Aberdeen team capable of challenging for cups and Europe. And we'll all go, "f**k us! It were all an elaborate plan, it were. Designed to fool us inter finkin' that we was lookin' at non-league quality players, when in fact we was plannin' ter sign up all these really GOOD players, we was! Cor, that Brown 'as sumfink abaaat 'im, and no mistakes."

It's possible.

But not very f**king likely.

As it stands I see us maybe reaching a quarter final in a cup, if we're lucky, and struggling to stave off relegation zone football yet again.

I think Tup has been taken in by club rhetoric... meanwhile all we're seeing is a shrinking of the squad and no coherent game plan other than a string of trialists in the desperate hope that somewhere out there are competent players who will play for sweeties... so we look at amateurs, players who never actually get games, injury-prone accidents-waiting-to-happen, kids and assorted emergency shirt-fillers.

Personally I think we're in a lot of trouble, the board and management just doesn't have the one functioning bollock between them needed to be honest with the fans. They're just so used to lying that it's the only thing they know at this point.

Now it's POSSIBLE, because f**k, anything's possible given enough time and dimensions, it's possible that Brown looking at Spanish Amateurs, players who never play, injury-cases, shirt fillers and guys who are in their mid thirties, it's possible that Brown looking at these... 'players'.... is merely a smokescreen, and that come the opening of the transfer window we'll sign a whole bunch of capable players who can give us an Aberdeen team capable of challenging for cups and Europe. And we'll all go, "f**k us! It were all an elaborate plan, it were. Designed to fool us inter finkin' that we was lookin' at non-league quality players, when in fact we was plannin' ter sign up all these really GOOD players, we was! Cor, that Brown 'as sumfink abaaat 'im, and no mistakes."

It's possible.

But not very f**king likely.

As it stands I see us maybe reaching a quarter final in a cup, if we're lucky, and struggling to stave off relegation zone football yet again.

As it stands, bottom 3.

Here's hoping league reconstruction doesn't happen!

Bar The old firm and hearts (for now) i can't think of any other SPL club that would be able to spend more than us in the transfer window. Judging by this why is it wrong to think that we can finish in the top 6??

Why?!

Try losing 10 players from the squad last year, signing 2 (assuming Gonzalez is signed) in their place, and a conveyor belt of sheite on trial.