Aberdeen Identity

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not buying it!

Positive yank mantra sh*te!

If you keep on teasing and kicking a dog it'll eventually bite you!

It's basic f**king common sense and courtesy.

If you had a new job, and were starting your first full year in charge, and folk were writing you off and belittling you, based on their experiences of those who held your job previously, you'd be slightly pissed off with that, yes?

That's whats happening, Brown this, Brown that, Brown the next, from the armchair managers.

And what happens when I ask for the manager to be respected, and afforded some rope, because he's not yet had the opportunity to prove anything, what happens?

Awa with your positive sh*te min, I'm no buying that, says a spokesman for Aberdeen's fans, Mr Betty Swallicks here.

Honest to f**k min.

It's basic f**king common sense and courtesy.

If you had a new job, and were starting your first full year in charge, and folk were writing you off and belittling you, based on their experiences of those who held your job previously, you'd be slightly pissed off with that, yes?

That's whats happening, Brown this, Brown that, Brown the next, from the armchair managers.

And what happens when I ask for the manager to be respected, and afforded some rope, because he's not yet had the opportunity to prove anything, what happens?

Awa with your positive sh*te min, I'm no buying that, says a spokesman for Aberdeen's fans, Mr Betty Swallicks here.

Honest to f**k min.

Everything you're saying is absolutely right min. We as fans need to take a leap of faith in this club for anything to ever get better.

The attitude of 'i'm nae going until we're half decent' can't be an excuse anymore.

While crowds are falling, the club will not lower ticket prices. They can't. While crowds are falling, the club is not going to increase the football budget. They can't.

If a crowd of 8,000 turns up and boos at half time if its 0-0, hings will no get better.

We all know the board could do better, we all know the players could do better, but WE need to do better. We have a role to play here aswell. We know the potential. A 4-1 win on the first day of last season and we packed out both ends in Perth.

Imagine this support with a united front, win or lose.

Time to tell the rest of Scotland 'We are Aberdeen. f**k you.'

Go back to basics

This is what I'm driving at.

We've become bloated, and with that we've become lazy and visionless. We are the very epitome of going through the motions.

And a lot of people are saying it cannot change, because of any one of a number of obstacles which have been done to death.

Of course it can!

But it's not about buying better players, we've had some brilliant ones in recent years and yet still it seemed we had a sh*t team overall.

Now the club gets treated with disdain, by the media, and in recent times by it's own support.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Let bygones be bygones, the pair in the hotseat are about as good as we can possibly hope for, but even they must be taken aback at the air of hostility in reference to lack of signings or decisions they make in all earnest.

I think the venom needs to be shelved. I have no issue with criticism, it's healthy, but at this stage it's neither warranted, nor helpful.

It's why I've been appealing to people to stay calm recently. Nothing's happened yet, but such is the panic station mentality imbued in some folk, which has a justifiable base in terms of the failings of previous managers, that apparently Brown has 'lost the plot' and is 'Milne's lackey'.

Let's put all that to one side and show some real backing, like we should be doing.

You can come back to it if it all goes tits up, with justification.

The mood in the stands counts for a heck of a lot in terms of the psychological effect it transmits to the players, and the general mood is one of constant bickering and nitpicking at present.

Get that shelved is my proposal, dispense with the chips on the shoulders of ourselves, and show a bit of resolve in the teeth of adversity.

• Site Sponsor

The mood in the stands counts for a heck of a lot in terms of the psychological effect it transmits to the players, and the general mood is one of constant bickering and nitpicking at present.

Get that shelved is my proposal, dispense with the chips on the shoulders of ourselves, and show a bit of resolve in the teeth of adversity.

The players need to that first then the fans will get on board.

It's simple, really

This is what I'm driving at.

We've become bloated, and with that we've become lazy and visionless. We are the very epitome of going through the motions.

And a lot of people are saying it cannot change, because of any one of a number of obstacles which have been done to death.

Of course it can!

But it's not about buying better players, we've had some brilliant ones in recent years and yet still it seemed we had a sh*t team overall.

Now the club gets treated with disdain, by the media, and in recent times by it's own support.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Let bygones be bygones, the pair in the hotseat are about as good as we can possibly hope for, but even they must be taken aback at the air of hostility in reference to lack of signings or decisions they make in all earnest.

I think the venom needs to be shelved. I have no issue with criticism, it's healthy, but at this stage it's neither warranted, nor helpful.

It's why I've been appealing to people to stay calm recently. Nothing's happened yet, but such is the panic station mentality imbued in some folk, which has a justifiable base in terms of the failings of previous managers, that apparently Brown has 'lost the plot' and is 'Milne's lackey'.

Let's put all that to one side and show some real backing, like we should be doing.

You can come back to it if it all goes tits up, with justification.

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes, - St. Clement of Alexandria, With AFC 2011 in mind.

To me Aberdeen FC has always been a club that represents core values that Rangers and Celtic, and Hearts and Hibs to a lesser extent, just do not possess, and could never hope to possess. Pride, integrity, honesty and independence from the religious one-up manship which blights the south of the country.

Do you really?

Funny thing is until very recently I doubt you'd have found an Aberdeen fan anywhere that gave a fluck about religious bigotry from the Weegie wunkers. in fact back in the day, fin I wiz a loon etc... we used to sing Hun songs at the Tims, and Tim songs at the Huns just to wind them up, naebody actually gave a sh*t about religion.

Nowadays all we get is mock outrage about the latest song that one or other have sung, but again, who really gives a fluck? Yes Celtic over-stepped the mark with their "poppies" banner which was truly offensive, but singing songs about killing each other in Ireland, or the pope, I couldn't honestly give a fluck.

Dons fans speak about it now, because Scottish fitba is a two man show.

We used to be their arch rivals, and would regularly hand them their arses on a plate.

Now, because Sky think only two clubs exist in the country in essence, all we hear is they did this, what about what they did that other time, hang on a minute they started it etc etc etc ad nauseum.

Dons fans talk about it because the spotlight is on it.

But, although it's an abhorrent, bigoted cause they adhere to, both clubs have their identity which all or most fans support or tolerate.

Here we have dissent everywhere. A wee bit of unity of purpose and thought is required.

The manager deserves to get a period of time which is free of sniping, because he's only starting his first season with us now.

Maybe it's a timing thing, but McGhee was lauded, and then afforded some rope when things were going rapidly downhill.

Brown appears to be getting castigated without granting him that opportunity.

And the saddest thing is, he's a much better manager.

Brown is a good manager and he is a good man. One with decency and integrity.

But you ask for togetherness and there's no I in team etc.

How is this possible when the chairman and the DoF are pursuing different agendas?

Milne said "the product" was always going to be the priority FIFTEEN YEARS AGO.

Do you not think he lied?

The divisions in our support was ENGINEERED. Do you not recognise HOW this was done?

AFC is a f**king shambles from the boardroom to the pitch including the dozens of non-productives who drain our finite resources. Is this just an accident of fiscal mismanagement too?

It ain't getting fixed until Milne and Miller GTF. It's beyond broke now. Nae c**t is interested whilst these two f**kers are in charge.

If the divisions were engineered then I can only assume you mean by the board. In turn this suggests to me that if the support was to unite and have a common cause, pull the same direction and focus on the real issues then Milne and Miller might have something to worry about.

The fans need to start to support the players, management and be part of the team no matter what. We need to realise the problems at the club are with the board but more importantly that we can apply pressure to see things change IF we all want it and we are willing to put petty differences aside.

Anything that needs to be done will most definitely have to start with the club rather than the fans.

It seems most likely that the source for any new found togetherness and fight is going to be Brown and Knox creating it within the team.

But I don't agree that it definately has to start there. I see no reason why the fans could not be the driving force behind this other than the fact most of them are happier moaning and bitching all the time or getting on the players backs.

If the divisions were engineered then I can only assume you mean by the board. In turn this suggests to me that if the support was to unite and have a common cause, pull the same direction and focus on the real issues then Milne and Miller might have something to worry about.

The fans need to start to support the players, management and be part of the team no matter what. We need to realise the problems at the club are with the board but more importantly that we can apply pressure to see things change IF we all want it and we are willing to put petty differences aside.

Would this not just play right into hands of the board anyway?

Would this not just play right into hands of the board anyway?

It would need to be clear we don't blame the players or the management for the sub standard quality of the team on the park but years of mismanagement by the board. There has to be some way to give 100% backing to the players while they are on the pitch but at the same time demand change from the boardroom. We need to see a real strategy from them to spend to improve the team.

Otherwise we are just moving out one set of journeymen who can't deliver and replacing them with another. The players are becoming stooges for the club to hide behind when so many fans are unhappy.

Anything that needs to be done will most definitely have to start with the club rather than the fans.

as much as I agree with that, the club is in a now win situation when some fans want to pick on every single comment made by the manager/club and spin it in a negative manner.

Brown is a good manager and he is a good man. One with decency and integrity.

But you ask for togetherness and there's no I in team etc.

How is this possible when the chairman and the DoF are pursuing different agendas?

Milne said "the product" was always going to be the priority FIFTEEN YEARS AGO.

Do you not think he lied?

The divisions in our support was ENGINEERED. Do you not recognise HOW this was done?

AFC is a f**king shambles from the boardroom to the pitch including the dozens of non-productives who drain our finite resources. Is this just an accident of fiscal mismanagement too?

It ain't getting fixed until Milne and Miller GTF. It's beyond broke now. Nae c**t is interested whilst these two f**kers are in charge.

I thought WM was no longer DoF?

I support Aberdeen because I'm from Aberdeen. I supprt Scotland because I'm from Scotland.

No need to define Aberdeen in relation to what other teams are.

Same here. I couldnt care less about the opposition and their reasons for supporting the team they wish to support. I just want AFC competing again challenging the OF, plastic OF and D.Utd.

I agree with the point that fans need to be united but i am not uniting myself to people who take a bigoted view of the OF because they are huns or tims. I am not lowering myself to that level of depraved thinking. One of the reasons Aberdeen as a place and a team has got nowhere in the last 20-30 years is because of the golf fish bowl mentality in this city. Nothing has changed or improved and nothing will until people start changing their general attitude.

I agree with you and I agree with redarmy. K-9's attitude is symptomatic of the lazy apathy that has permeated many of our divided support, but all of our ex-support.

We as fans could have done more. The reverse stadium protest was one innovative idea but three and a half years ago, a unique initiative was suggested that would have forced Milne into doing his job. Many fans saw the value and got off their arse to volunteer but the webchatspeaksite owners and his sycophants moved very briskly to discredit it. As long as we fans allow what we say and how we say it to be controlled by a bunch of middle aged middle class w*nkers who don't even go to Pittodrie and who are NOT Aberdeen, then we're playing right into Milne's hands.

I must of missed this at the time, either that or my memory really is shot, but out of interest what was this initiative?

Could it be done again now?

I agree with much of this thread, we need some form of unity and the manager needs backing and support. I hope very much that Brown is part of our answer. He has to develop the new cohesion both within the squad but also within the fans. The fans are too diverse to follow a banner unless it is being swung by the club and to continue the metaphor the only person we currently have who can swing it is Craig Brown. The easiest banner he can swing is the "We are Aberdeen - who the hell are you?" banner; but to swing that he'll need to make himself less popular with some of his cronies in the press. He'll get the support behind him but is he up to doing that - I'm not sure.

If it was easy anyone could do it.

A few wins always helps too

COYR!

"MR CHAIRMAN - YOU'RE NOT WORKING - GET TAE f**k" ? Works for me...

Whilst not disagreeing with the sentiment you can hardly see players and manager rallying round that cry. Nor is it likely to inspire the unity that would be desirable. Unless you have a credible option of what we do if he were to get tae f**k and the financial guarantee (mill stone he made) goes with him I fear we will need a different rallying cry.

Is it though?

We've all had this same conversation years ago, and folk kept going with the hope that things would get better.

Few years later we're at the same point, support means support but why should folk chuck away their hard earned at a club that so often takes the absolute piss out of the fans?

Milne and Miller are the problem, more specifically they don't realise there is a problem never mind try to rectify it.

My point wasn't intended to be one about attending or not attending matches. Thats not where I'd question the togetherness or support of the fans at the moment. I myself don't regularly attend Pittodrie for my own reasons.

I'm not saying we all need to go along and pay our money every week so the board can piss it away on crap players. Not at all.

But I am saying we all need to wake up and realise that we are too often targetting the wrong people with our frustration as fans of a club in decline. Attending or not isn't the issue I'm driving at here.

Some fans who go think they pay there money to they have a right to express an opinion on players and that means they can deride and abuse them everytime they do something they don't like. Same for the attitude towards managers and coaches at the club. This is not the attitude we need. eg abusing Foster because he is made captain and some people don't like him is not the way to improve the situation. Quite the reverse in fact.

There are great gaps between the fans and team, fans and management and within the fanbase. Only once these are resolved will we be in any position to present a united front to the board and insist that they do better in running this football club.

If most Aberdeen fans turned up to most games, while joining in with most songs sung, most of the problem would be resolved in an instant.

You need a reason to motivate people though.

Banging a big f**king drum and jumping about like mongs never worked, ended up pissing folk off more than they were already.

The club needs to be behind it, strong language from within always rallies a support.

A burst of expletives from the head honchos would go some way to showing they cared.

My point wasn't intended to be one about attending or not attending matches. Thats not where I'd question the togetherness or support of the fans at the moment. I myself don't regularly attend Pittodrie for my own reasons.

I'm not saying we all need to go along and pay our money every week so the board can piss it away on crap players. Not at all.

But I am saying we all need to wake up and realise that we are too often targetting the wrong people with our frustration as fans of a club in decline. Attending or not isn't the issue I'm driving at here.

Some fans who go think they pay there money to they have a right to express an opinion on players and that means they can deride and abuse them everytime they do something they don't like. Same for the attitude towards managers and coaches at the club. This is not the attitude we need. eg abusing Foster because he is made captain and some people don't like him is not the way to improve the situation. Quite the reverse in fact.

There are great gaps between the fans and team, fans and management and within the fanbase. Only once these are resolved will we be in any position to present a united front to the board and insist that they do better in running this football club.

Of course they have right to express an opinion.