Amy Winehouse Poll

Big Man

Musical Genius - Yes or No?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. To What Extent Do You Believe That Amy Winehouse Was A Musical Genius?

• Not At All
    • To Some Extent
    • Very Much So
    • Don't Know

Definitely very talented.

Frustrating when people say she's sh*t just because she had a drug problem. Think the two are completely irrelevant to one another.

I agree... some of the most talented people have been druggies.

Amy Winehouse was sh*t on her own merits, regardless of her drug abuse.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even sure that the Beatles were genius and that makes Amy Winehouse a no no as far as I can see.

Can entertainers be geniuses? You decide.

I tend to reserve the appelation for almighty talents and mostly , but not always , from the field of scientific endeavour - Newton , Einstein , Dirac and Everett to name a few.

Shakespeare?

Kerouac ?

Burns ?

It's personal , maaan.

I did like Amy Winehouse without ever hearing very much. She was the alternative in an age of gentrification. I believe she sang from the heart and managed to avoid charicature...but only just.

Virgo - Pig - Water - Yin - 27 - R.I.P.

I'm not even sure that the Beatles were genius and that makes Amy Winehouse a no no as far as I can see.

I tend to reserve the appelation for almighty talents and mostly , but not always , from the field of scientific endeavour - Newton , Einstein , Dirac and Everett to name a few.

Shakespeare?

Kerouac ?

Burns ?

It's personal , maaan.

I did like Amy Winehouse without ever hearing very much. She was the alternative in an age of gentrification. I believe she sang from the heart and managed to avoid charicature...but only just.

But anyone who is "outstanding" and/or "very great" is a genius, according to some(Oxford and Cambridge dictionary don't you know!). The fact that both are entirely subjective terms does little to dissuade this train of though, again, for some. You cannot argue with that sort of logic(...al fallacy).

Junkie from Tilldrone dies in a pool of his own vomit?

The media rejoice, one less scumbag to report burglaries about.

Talentless junkie from rich London jewish family dies in a pool of her own pish?

Massive outpourings of mock grief from self same.

Hypocrisy.

I dinna give two f**ks about Amy Winehouse.

Junkie from Tilldrone dies in a pool of his own vomit?

The media rejoice, one less scumbag to report burglaries about.

Talentless junkie from rich London jewish family dies in a pool of her own pish?

Massive outpourings of mock grief from self same.

Hypocrisy.

I dinna give two f**ks about Amy Winehouse.

no its not hipocracy tup.

the world is a better place without minky junkies who rob auld ladies and houses.

a junkie like winehouse is essentailly harmless to your average citizen. and she contributed greatly to society despite her problems.

i am indifferent to her.

dont really know her music very well but heard one or two tunes which, for burds music, were pretty good.

i can see why people like her music.

Shakespeare?

Kerouac ?

Burns ?

It's personal , maaan.

You missed a no.

the world is a better place without minky junkies who rob auld ladies and houses.

a junkie like winehouse is essentailly harmless to your average citizen. and she contributed greatly to society despite her problems.

i am indifferent to her.

dont really know her music very well but heard one or two tunes which, for burds music, were pretty good.

Class divide, born with silver spoon in mouth = contributor to society does it?

She had all the advantages going, and still f**ked it up.

She's every bit as bad as a schemie.

i am indifferent to her.

What exactly has she contributed to society?

Class divide, born with silver spoon in mouth = contributor to society does it?

She had all the advantages going, and still f**ked it up.

She's every bit as bad as a schemie.

no she isnt.

i doubt she ever plumbed the depths of the typical schemie junkie crime rap sheet.

she's contributed more to society than you (and i) ever will.

i dont care if a mink injects aids into his body in the search of hedonism.

i only care that they leave me alone and dont take what isnt rightfully theirs.

no she isnt.

i doubt she ever plumbed the depths of the typical schemie junkie crime rap sheet.

she's contributed more to society than you (and i) ever will.

i dont care if a mink injects aids into his body in the search of hedonism.

i only care that they leave me alone and dont take what isnt rightfully theirs.

Only because she had the money to stay off the streets, and didn't need to steal to pay for the drugs.

No.

Although it feels like it sometimes when I have to explain things to you for the umpteenth time.

regardless of the arguments about talent or not, she has millions of fans, sold millions of records, so will be in the mainstream news..i have no issue with it, maybe highlights more and educates our young fans that she was not immortal and drugs can lead to this.

regardless of the arguments about talent or not, she has millions of fans, sold millions of records, so will be in the mainstream news..i have no issue with it, maybe highlights more and educates our young fans that she was not immortal and drugs can lead to this.

Maybe.

I see it more as another person in the media that achieves a much more favourable status in the media on dying (or in the process of dying) than they did when they were alive. See Jade Goody as prime example number 1 on that front.

Maybe.

I see it more as another person in the media that achieves a much more favourable status in the media on dying (or in the process of dying) than they did when they were alive. See Jade Goody as prime example number 1 on that front.

but i dont get the point, famous, infamous...people adore them, love them and the media rightfully talk about it...rightly or wrongly...tuen over, switch off.....simple.

but i dont get the point, famous, infamous...people adore them, love them and the media rightfully talk about it...rightly or wrongly...tuen over, switch off.....simple.

Why do people 'adore' and 'love' celebrities, people they have never and will never meet?

Fairly strong emotions for such loose connections.

I have no time at all for those wrapped up in the cult of celebrity.

Where I have moaned once about being forced to watch any coverage?

I have seen bits and bobs, and the media, as usual, are being crafty b*stards who feed on the idiocy of large elements of the celebrity infactuated public. The same people that revelled in catching her out and mocking her are now sympathetically reporting her deat. They aren't even reporting news, they just mumble on about this and that, get some person that met her a couple of times to give their tuppence worth. Nothing reported yet, other than her actual death, is anything that people would not have not of known unless they had had no outside communication for years.

That's on the assumption that the media merely pass comment on current events rather than actively engineering them for their own ends.

I'd have no problem if the world mourned the loss of AW the musician as opposed to AW the newspaper junkie.

Why do people 'adore' and 'love' celebrities, people they have never and will never meet?

Fairly strong emotions for such loose connections.

I have no time at all for those wrapped up in the cult of celebrity.

then youve nothing to worry about then.

I liked her music, bought her CD, sorry she's deed, but not unexpected, actually thought it would have happened a few years back.

Where I have moaned once about being forced to watch any coverage?

I have seen bits and bobs, and the media, as usual, are being crafty b*stards who feed on the idiocy of large elements of the celebrity infactuated public. The same people that revelled in catching her out and mocking her are now sympathetically reporting her deat. They aren't even reporting news, they just mumble on about this and that, get some person that met her a couple of times to give their tuppence worth. Nothing reported yet, other than her actual death, is anything that people would not have not of known unless they had had no outside communication for years.

we all know the score, we all know its a pile o pish, thats why I dont really worry 2 much about it all.

as i said, liked her music, f**kked up pop star....nothing new in the industry....our country is fill o bams that want to read it, dinna give a sh*te really.

No.

Although it feels like it sometimes when I have to explain things to you for the umpteenth time.

so, in what way have you contributed, via the medium of ''Eduction'' to society then, as you so claimed?

i'll say again. she has contributed more than you have.