English Riots

RUL

I dunno what annoys me more - politicians saying -

"oh, i just condemn this rioting" - So you think that will stop or change anything? GTF

Or the likes of Ken Livingstone running a campaign going "the tories cuts have caused this" - You really think that 15,16 year old NEDS give two s**tes about cuts and the like? They are doing it cus they are a bunch of violent youngsters up for the laugh and tagging along with everyone else.

Idiots.

I thought that. I'm sitting in my bed and put on Sky News on the laptop to see what was happening whilst I read tweets. It's unbelievable. Some reporter guy just said that it's all quietened down now in Enfield. Yet on Twitter people are constantly posting tweets with pics and videos of fires and looting.

Fires at Ealing Broadway, rumours of one of the shopping centres... 5 minutes or so from me.. quite surreal!

Yip, martial law needs to be declared in London.

Does that ever happen in the UK actually?

The Civil Contingencies Act 2004 makes provisions for that kind of thing i believe.

It allows the government to declare a state of emergency with the permissioin of the queen only (not parlament) and after that they can pretty much do anything they like - its been a while since i read the act but thats roughly how i remember it. They can ban assemblies of more than 2 people in public places and do all kinds of crazy things.

Edit: Here we go... http://en.wikipedia....encies_Act_2004

Yeh, so if a state of emergency is declared then apart from compliance with the human rights act the government can completely wrewrite the rulebook - scary.

Personally i'd send in the royal marines or the paras just now - let them hae a bit of fun with the protestors.

The Civil Contingencies Act 2003 makes provisions for that kind of thing i believe.

It allows the government to declare a state of emergency with the permissioin of the queen only (not parlament) and after that they can pretty much do anything they like - its been a while since i read the act but thats roughly how i remember it. They can ban assemblies of more than 2 people in public places and do all kinds of crazy things.

more than two people..?...Phwoa..I can feel their fear...I mean dinna get get me wrang...but more than two could almost amount to...well...