Your Last Email To Pittodrie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote an email a while back regarding tickets to schools, and getting younger generation into supporting the Dons.

I never got anything back......that was about a year ago.

That genuinely is shoddy. Can understand them just ignoring abusive emails but something that's actually productive and progressive just disregarded, disgrace.

Any chance of posting it?

It was nothing too lengthy or exciting... just a few short words of wisdom... actually I just checked my EMail to see exactly what I said and found a delivery failure on that exact EMail. So it looks as though my wise words have failed to reach the powers that be. :(

I wrote a bit of a sweary EMail to the club at the weekend.. still awaiting a response.

What words of wisdom were in your last EMail to the Dandy, Donkey, Dismal Dons?

You boys must have a lot of spare time.........I think you'd have more chance of getting a response from Santa than those tosser who are now at residence at todders

I'm just glad Dick Donald isn't alive to see the mess that the current board are making of a once great club....does it need to be spelt out....Milne and Co don't give a f**k about our club....... they are greedy money motivated di*kheads who really don't give a f**k about football

mine was in 2004 about running a local tournament with the winners getting to play an aberdeen XI at pittodrie.

dave macdermid got back to me fairly shaprish and invited me down for a face to face to sort it out.

ended up getting a team of me and 7 of my mates to play against an aberdeen XI with half the gothenburg team + jim bett and a few others at a charity day at the chris anderson.

got humped 5-2 if anyone is interested.

still got the match video here

Sent this a couple of weeks ago.....no reply.

To whom this may concern,

In all honesty, I've got no idea why I'm writing this message, because I am aware that the likelyhood of getting a response is akin to the likelyhood Stewart Milne keeping a promise. However, I hope that the following statement released on the club website will be applied fairly this weekend:

We would also like to remind supporters that Pittodrie is an ALL SEATED stadium and standing in any area of the ground is against ground regulations. We would kindly ask all supporters, both home and away, to repect the rules above.

I would hope that, if these rules are "enforced" by the largely over-zealous stewards and police at Pittodrie, the 4,000 Celtic fans who will be standing singing their usual sectarian bile will be treated with a proportionate level of policing that the 200 or so Aberdeen fans will be met with.

Just for the record, I have no problem with standing at the football. In fact, I encourage it and stand regularly at away games. It helps improve the matchday atmosphere, (something which the club seem determined to stamp out), thus improving the matchday experience and almost making it worth the

Sent 29/09/2010. You'll be surprised to find that I got no reply to this either. Admittedly, its a poorly constructed letter, but still....

To whom this may concern.

Too many people have lost interest in Aberdeen Football Club over the last few years, and a lot of people blame they way the club is run. I accept that the club are only limited in what they can do, but I'd like to bring to your attention some issues I have from Sundays game.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but Hugh Keevins on Radio Clyde last night claimed Aberdeen fans were singing about the Ibrox disaster on Sunday at our game at home to Rangers. From where I was sitting I did not hear anything remotely similar to a song about the Ibrox disaster. Granted, I heard a couple of songs about Ian Durants leg injury from our support, but nothing like Keevins was suggesting. Instead we were subjected to the sectarian nonsense that the Old Firm fans sing time and time again at Pittodrie, and the media keep it hush.

Yet again Glasgow based media are lying about our club, and covering up the pathetic behaviour about their own club. A few further examples would be

Alan McGregors kick aimed at Chris Maguire in the first half as been kept relatively quiet by the media - do you think if Jamie Langfield had done the same to Kenny Miller it would go unnoticed?

The flares that the Rangers fans let off hasn't featured in the papers - you know as well as I do if one of our fans done that at Ibrox the club would be persecuted.

I urge you to release a statement which condemns this defamation of our club and the pro-Glasgow media bias. This would be seen as a sign of intent and purpose. It might even encourage a few of the stay-away fans to get interested in the football again. For too long we have had to put up with this nonsense. The club should realise its us against them (the media) and do something about it.

Another issue I have from Sunday is the stewarding policy at Pittodrie. Quite frankly, it is a hypocritical disgrace. For example, how is it that a few Motherwell fans (doing absolutely no harm) get constantly told to sit down when visiting Pittodrie, yet 4,000 plus Rangers & Celtic fans are basically allowed to do as they please? Personally, I have no problem with standing at the football, in fact I encourage it. However, rules are rules, and it seems that even at our own home ground its one rule for the Old Firm, and another for everyone else.

At Ibrox we are kept in after the game, yet Rangers fans are actually given priority after games at Pittodrie. The police force Aberdeen fans heading towards the Urquhart Road area to go over the hill, which only has a footpath at one side and is potentially dangerous. At the other side of the hill, Aberdeen fans are met head on with the majority of the Rangers fans coming down Urquhart Road and there is absolutely no police protection there. I appreciate you may not have as much control over this as the other issues, but you must be able to liaise with the police to address this problem. My suggestion would be to keep them in at Pittodrie like Rangers do to us.

I know Im not the only one who feels as strongly about the above issues. Do us a favour, and do something about it.

Yours sincerely,

Sent 29/09/2011. You'll be surprised to find that I got no reply to this either. Admittedly, its a poorly constructed letter, but still....

To whom this may concern.

Too many people have lost interest in Aberdeen Football Club over the last few years, and a lot of people blame they way the club is run. I accept that the club are only limited in what they can do, but I'd like to bring to your attention some issues I have from Sundays game.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but Hugh Keevin

My last one from after the QOS game

I read on the official site that you would be answering emails from fans, i wasnt going to bother but after Saturday i felt compelled to.

Firstly i will give you some background on myself, at the age of 13 in 1998 i purchased my first season ticket for the dons something i cherrished and loved every saturday supporting my team with the upmost pride and dedication, in September 1999 i attended my first away game on my own with my mates, an away tie to Hearts and if memory serves me correctly it was a Sunday night we lost comfertably but that wasnt the point from that point on i was hooked and no matter what, i never missed a game from that moment on until September last year, i spent all the money i had following my team across the country.

Even despite the depths we sank too under pele i was never depressed and always got the impression that even though we were a poor team all the players on the park were doing their very best for the team. Then came the appointment of Jimmy Calderwood who i must admit was delighted to have on board despite all the horror stories filtering through from pars fans about his lack of commitment to playing young players and his very poor tactics, i took this with a pinch of salt and put it down to them being bitter about losing a manager who had transformed their fortunes, maybe we should have listened - where are dunfermline now? they were filled with journey men pros and players deemed not good enough for other teams with little or no young players coming through or being given a chance in first team football..............Sound familiar?

During his second season players like Larsson, De Boer, Moravcik and the rest of the top internationals were frittering a way from the old firm and Hearts were taking on the gruesome twosome with players no better then ours. Although some people see top 6 as an achivement our very own Willie Miller being one of them i think we should be setting our sights much higher as we have one of the highest wage bills outside the old firm.

Which brings us to our most succesful season in the clubs recent times.................A season in which Dunfermline reached the Scottish cup final, the League cup final was contested between Kilmarnock and Hibs, then we come to ourselves abereen who were flying at the start of the new year 2008 and we are clear in second place heading into the match away to hibs who if memory serves were 5th or 6th in the league. We played 10 men behind the ball in that match and had only 5 attempts on goal we sat back the whole game and played for a draw - the cracks were starting to show and i was begining to see the negative tactics and baffeling team selections that the dunfermline fans had been speaking off. Aberdeen went on to play 18 games at the end of the 06/07 seasons - they won only 8 of them after some of the most baffeling tactics / team selections i have ever witnessed as an aberdeen fan. Which angered me more was the manager commenting in the press every week saying we were still in good shape for third place.........Hold on a minute we were in good position for SECOND place. The start of thes season we were playing fantastic football and we were winning games. We end up stuttered our way through to the end of the season finishing 3rd some people say a magnificiant achievement - i say with the team we had at the time an under achievement. Some people at the club may say our expetations are too high? look at the three of the four cup finalists that season.

I decided at that point after 10 years as a season ticket hold that while we had such a negative outlook now and the fact that we seemed to be playing for draws instead of wins that i would no longer be a season ticket holder with the club a heartbreaking decision but i still made it my aim to attend all the games. This lasted 7 games i couldnt believe that after our exploits in the previous season we never strengthened the team and built towards somthing better instead we were sitting back against gretna at home and motherwell away teams that are no better then us yet we appear afraid of them - playing to other teams apparant weaknesses instead of our own strenghts.

Then we get to the semi final disasters - we played good football in the previous rounds of both competitions but for some reason when the semi final came around we decided to change our entire way of thinking - we dont even play our best X1 players? I decided that after the queen of the south game and after 10 years of never missing an aberdeen competitive game (apart from dnipro away) spending thousands watch the team in molvdova, berlin, dublin, munich, athens, madrid and where ever we played in Scotland that i couldnt sit and accept top 6 in the league as an achiement, when with a little bit of belief and ambition there is nothing the current group of players couldnt achieve.

We have proved time and time again when we go out and play our own game there isnt a team in the country we cant beat even when we needed to win against a team who the season before made a good account of themselves in the champions league (copenhagen) we attacked them from the start and gave them a hammering, which made me think! If we had tried that in the previous 3 games what would have happened? it appears the manager doesnt trust his players to go for it everyweek instead prefering to sit back and try the cagy approach - which didnt work last season! We needed to go on a run of wins........start attacking again and get into the top 6 and look good again.

Unfortunatly i Havnt been to an away from home game since the Queen of the South game, i cant bring myself to watch the team i love being turned into a home for players not good enough for the team that dont appear to want to play for the club. A club this size should not have to wait 8 years for a cup final appearance, we will be going on nine by the time the scottish cup comes around and the way things are going we will have to wait much longer.

I asked a question on a un-official forum last week if Calderwood leaves us tomorrow what legacy is he leaving behind for the next manager. The answer to that question is the same one he left dunfermline..............And where are they now?

Until there is a change in the management position i shall not be returning to watch my beloved Dons, the team that i sacrificed every weekend and every days holiday from my work that i had to watch wherever they played NO MATTER WHAT. I will be joining the hundreds of fans who are deserting the club something i never EVER seen myself doing untill calderwood took over. I read in the press everyweek Mr Miller saying would you rather go back to the bad old days? The 7-0 hammerings? simple fact is we are not any better then we were 7 years ago, we arnt playing against top international players anymore. I ask Mr Miller in the 4 years the Jimmy has been in charge what have we achieved that Ebbe Skovdahl hasnt? well apart from the infamous "Top 6" finishes. We may have been Cr@p but we were never boring, never did i leave early no matter how bad it was - the players were always still fighting so we were too. The same cannot be said for the current team.

Nobody is denying the fact that Calderwood has done a fantasic job taking us from the lows to a steady middle of the road team, he has steadied the ship and for that i thank him but he should have walked and give someone a chance to take the team the extra step which he wasnt capapable of doing.

In a final note, i have looked everywhere for the official season ticket sales for this season, i cant seem to find them anywhere? can you advise me how many we are down from last season? How many are refusing to pay to watch the dross that we are currently playing.

I sent one a wee while back with in reagrds to the catering, like offering up Pizza slices etc and one in regards to a marketing idea I had but nothing!!

The marketing idea was a cheap, no brainer really.

The idea was that you could either buy a birthday card from AFC or drop one into Pittodrie and for them to get your kids favourite player to sign the birthday card and it gets sent out. Can you imagine how great the kid would feel getiing a signed birthday card from their fav player, you potentailly have a Don for life!!

During his second season players like Larsson, De Boer, Moravcik and the rest of the top internationals were frittering a way from the old firm and Hearts were taking on the gruesome twosome with players no better then ours. Although some people see top 6 as an achivement our very own Willie Miller being one of them i think we should be setting our sights much higher as we have one of the highest wage bills outside the old firm.

We may have been Cr@p but we were never boring, never did i leave early no matter how bad it was - the players were always still fighting so we were too. The same cannot be said for the current team.

Stoney don't take this the wrong way but if I received an email like that using words like gruesome twosome about Rangers and Celtic and using the word Cr@p I'd nae bother replying to it either.

Add in about 40 spelling mistakes and it's no wonder they never got back to you. Apologies on my assumption that they haven't replied if they did.

If you are sending someone a letter or email it should be professionally written and use correct terms and spelling. At least that way there is a chance they might reply.

At best I would have dismissed that letter as the ramblings of a very annoyed man and wouldn't have taken it seriously. :dontknow:

Stoney don't take this the wrong way but if I received an email like that using words like gruesome twosome about Rangers and Celtic and using the word Cr@p I'd nae bother replying to it either.

Add in about 40 spelling mistakes and it's no wonder they never got back to you. Apologies on my assumption that they haven't replied if they did.

If you are sending someone a letter or email it should be professionally written and use correct terms and spelling. At least that way there is a chance they might reply.

At best I would have dismissed that letter as the ramblings of a very annoyed man and wouldn't have taken it seriously. :dontknow:

I got a reply sayind that i should keep the faith and the clup would once again return to the great days of the 80's if we backed the manager. Also dismissing my request about the season ticket figures.

And it was the ramblings a very annoyed man, a very very annoyed man.

The fact that my spelling is a bit ropey is not new information and not something i needed drawing to my attention :pirate:

I daresay the office staff were like TL;DNR!!!

Anyway, have never sent and have no intention to send an email to Pittodrie. Seems a relatively fruitless exercise.

They maybe's dont care, but maybe's thats why there is so much apathy towards the club in the city.

Actually feels good getting it all off your chest, then you get the reply which angers you even more than the original results did.

They maybe's dont care, but maybe's thats why there is so much apathy towards the club in the city.

Actually feels good getting it all off your chest, then you get the reply which angers you even more than the original results did.

Exactly.

Dear Mug,

We have taken your suggestion/idea/rant on board, and thank you for it. However, at the current time we feel doing absolutely nothing constructive or innovative is the best course for the club, as has served us well for years now.

Yours loathingly,

The Board.

As I say, seems futile to me.

I daresay the office staff were like TL;DNR!!!

Anyway, have never sent and have no intention to send an email to Pittodrie. Seems a relatively fruitless exercise.

Agree with Harcus, no doubt the reply will be a prescribed platitudinal response , sent out by a goober

Sometimes they do sit up and take notice

I went off on one by email at them just before McGhee was appointed, loads of stuff, cant find the mail but it was about investment in the squad, the availability of some types of Dons merchandise (Signed sh*t from the 80's etc), where the Euro money had went, why they had made figures up when it came to Setanta, RedTV (before they had RedInternational and live games etc) and a few other points that now totally escape me.

Not only did I get a reply I was also invited into Pittodrie to discuss my gripes with Willie Miller which i did and spent 2 1/2 hours with him and a couple of others giving my viewpoint on problems and ideas that could help fix. A lot was met by platitudes but I'd also like to think I had a little bit to do with RedTV International as this was one of the suggestions I had and it wasnt thought of at the time. I also had several correspondence from their IT dept after meeting with them asking what those ideas were and some are in place now. They also put me in contact with the company that carries the service for them because I wasnt happy with the player and the none existent Mac service. Cant claim they changed that for me but AFC were very helpful and open when I spoke to them.

Might just be the way you present it and yourself in the letter.

They also invited 2 other guys from the 606 message boards in to do a sort of interview with Miller and post online. Deldon (he was on here for a while but nae sure if he's still lurking) and one other from there spent a few hours with as well. Obviously it can be argued, quite successfully probably that these meeting and open doors make not one jot of difference but it does make you feel a lot more welcomed by the club and a lot more appreciated.

They should've thought about the whole reconnection when doing their largest team photo thing. A proper couple of hours discussing questions put in by fans the week before would have done aq lot for public relations and cost them nothing.

Sometimes they do sit up and take notice

I went off on one by email at them just before McGhee was appointed, loads of stuff, cant find the mail but it was about investment in the squad, the availability of some types of Dons merchandise (Signed sh*t from the 80's etc), where the Euro money had went, why they had made figures up when it came to Setanta, RedTV (before they had RedInternational and live games etc) and a few other points that now totally escape me.

Not only did I get a reply I was also invited into Pittodrie to discuss my gripes with Willie Miller which i did and spent 2 1/2 hours with him and a couple of others giving my viewpoint on problems and ideas that could help fix. A lot was met by platitudes but I'd also like to think I had a little bit to do with RedTV International as this was one of the suggestions I had and it wasnt thought of at the time. I also had several correspondence from their IT dept after meeting with them asking what those ideas were and some are in place now. They also put me in contact with the company that carries the service for them because I wasnt happy with the player and the none existent Mac service. Cant claim they changed that for me but AFC were very helpful and open when I spoke to them.

Might just be the way you present it and yourself in the letter.

They also invited 2 other guys from the 606 message boards in to do a sort of interview with Miller and post online. Deldon (he was on here for a while but nae sure if he's still lurking) and one other from there spent a few hours with as well. Obviously it can be argued, quite successfully probably that these meeting and open doors make not one jot of difference but it does make you feel a lot more welcomed by the club and a lot more appreciated.

They should've thought about the whole reconnection when doing their largest team photo thing. A proper couple of hours discussing questions put in by fans the week before would have done aq lot for public relations and cost them nothing.

Some of this positive, but worrying we have a fans rep on the board, and a marketing manager, who seem to be completely out of touch with the fans, fair comment ?