Your Last Email To Pittodrie

Some of this positive, but worrying we have a fans rep on the board, and a marketing manager, who seem to be completely out of touch with the fans, fair comment ?

completely agree

Reminds me... one of my gripes was Criss Gavin, Fans Rep on the board has never met a fans group in his life at the time of meeting Miller. Was glossed over slightly but I hear he has actually met the big ones at least once now and shows his face a little more than he did.

Like any business I suppose they have to be guarded in what they say and how they are outwardly perceived to act but I'm sure they do listen at least some of the time.

You've got to look at getting in touch with these guys the same way as you do the any other company. If someone wrote a email to Shell today using contact@shell.com as the address and said things like they were useless c&nts who couldnt plug a bath and they knew better I doubt your even get a read receipt.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes they do sit up and take notice

I went off on one by email at them just before McGhee was appointed, loads of stuff, cant find the mail but it was about investment in the squad, the availability of some types of Dons merchandise (Signed sh*t from the 80's etc), where the Euro money had went, why they had made figures up when it came to Setanta, RedTV (before they had RedInternational and live games etc) and a few other points that now totally escape me.

Not only did I get a reply I was also invited into Pittodrie to discuss my gripes with Willie Miller which i did and spent 2 1/2 hours with him and a couple of others giving my viewpoint on problems and ideas that could help fix. A lot was met by platitudes but I'd also like to think I had a little bit to do with RedTV International as this was one of the suggestions I had and it wasnt thought of at the time. I also had several correspondence from their IT dept after meeting with them asking what those ideas were and some are in place now. They also put me in contact with the company that carries the service for them because I wasnt happy with the player and the none existent Mac service. Cant claim they changed that for me but AFC were very helpful and open when I spoke to them.

Might just be the way you present it and yourself in the letter.

They also invited 2 other guys from the 606 message boards in to do a sort of interview with Miller and post online. Deldon (he was on here for a while but nae sure if he's still lurking) and one other from there spent a few hours with as well. Obviously it can be argued, quite successfully probably that these meeting and open doors make not one jot of difference but it does make you feel a lot more welcomed by the club and a lot more appreciated.

They should've thought about the whole reconnection when doing their largest team photo thing. A proper couple of hours discussing questions put in by fans the week before would have done aq lot for public relations and cost them nothing.

While that all sounds like a decent exercise for you, and at least makes it feel like you are listened to.

Your last point is something I think that should be a fairly regular occurrence, something that can allow communication direct from those running the club to all those that follow it (not just those that have got shares).

At this given time, does anyone actually know what the strategic aims of AFC are? I can't think of any that get communicated to us other than the plans to move stadium, and a movement towards developing our own talent that is starting to produce a bit. Other than at Loriston Loch and having a team full of youth players, where does Stewart Milne and co see us being in 5-10 years time, and how do they intend to get us there?

Our wage bill must be looking a damn site better.

Hartley, Maguire, Diamond, Ifil, Aluko, Smith, Mcnamee, Hartley, Howard, Vujadinovic, Young, Anderson and Blackman all off it.

Brown couldnt have spunked all that wages could he?

Diamond, Ifil and Hartley must have been on a fair stack - and aluko maguire and young not far behind.

Regularly sent emails about Red TV not working. Always got a reply blaming me or my system and not their sh*te product.

Binned it because of that.

How easy was it to bin?

Can you do it through the website?

Nae een o' them fxckers ye hiv ti phone up is it?

I've had it for a month. P1ssed aff wi' it already.

Sometimes works...sometimes disni.

Edit:

Oh, I see it.

Caker.

How easy was it to bin?

Can you do it through the website?

Nae een o' them fxckers ye hiv ti phone up is it?

I've had it for a month. P1ssed aff wi' it already.

Sometimes works...sometimes disni.

Think of yourself as a harmless shitfly, buzzing about looking for faecal matter on which to feast yourself.

Think of AFC as a big, hairy arsed spider, consistently banging the red silk out of itself ten to the dozen, working all the hours that God sends.

End result - Redweb.

Once you're in you cannot get out, and I'm afraid to say you will eventually be consumed by the club.

Our wage bill must be looking a damn site better.

Hartley, Maguire, Diamond, Ifil, Aluko, Smith, Mcnamee, Hartley, Howard, Vujadinovic, Young, Anderson and Blackman all off it.

Brown couldnt have spunked all that wages could he?

Diamond, Ifil and Hartley must have been on a fair stack - and aluko maguire and young not far behind.

I know you like your lists Stoney, but putting Hartley in twice just aint cricket!

And Aluko in there twice.... :tumbleweed::fishing:

No wonder Aluko left and Blackman flopped with such outright racist supporters in the stands they never stood an earthly.

We're the new Airdrie, white hoods would go down a storm in the club shop I reckon.

As long as the had the white stripes down the arms and the Adidas logo, it would go down a treat!

Give racism the red card! n all that. :hunbash:

Also, Robinson's Marmalade, Kia-Ora, and the Man from Del Monte, as well as any other inherently racist organisations who have a spare pound going, this could be the making of us, and would get the sizeable cretinous element of our support and the club itself singing from the same song sheet.

Also, Robinson's Marmalade, Kia-Ora, and the Man from Del Monte, as well as any other inherently racist organisations who have a spare pound going, this could be the making of us, and would get the sizeable cretinous element of our support and the club itself singing from the same song sheet.

Camptown Races?