Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

13 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Always remembered it as Papagallos before Maggie's and The Holburn Cafe was indeed further up on your right hand side beside the foundry and it's now a Pizza Hut.

Holburn Cafe did amazing knickerbocker Glorys ?

Was it not Holburn Ices up beside The Foundry (a pizza place now) and The Southern Café where Maggie’s Grill is now?

As an ex-Harlaw Academy pupil, I should know that for fact, but memories fade with time. 

57 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Was it not Holburn Ices up beside The Foundry (a pizza place now) and The Southern Café where Maggie’s Grill is now?

As an ex-Harlaw Academy pupil, I should know that for fact, but memories fade with time. 

The Southern Cafe, then it was Vegas Sports then Papagallos then Maggies Grill

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Relocated to Mastrick. Only been in the once to buy a sledge for the bairn. Sold fucking allsorts. A fine selection of knifes and ornamental bongs iirc.

24203-E9-B-40-E7-4-F6-E-B717-69-D375-BC4

The original one was unbelievable, how the fuck the boy knew what was going on is a mystery to man, place just had literally everything in seemingly no order but as soon as you said you needed a fuse or some shit he would find it within two seconds

10 hours ago, Fridge said:

The original one was unbelievable, how the fuck the boy knew what was going on is a mystery to man, place just had literally everything in seemingly no order but as soon as you said you needed a fuse or some shit he would find it within two seconds

It was the same in McKay's.  Made a Jumble sale look organised.

15 hours ago, Fridge said:

Often got sent up there by my dad to get this and that and the owner and his son knew exactly where to find them. Alex Robb snr & jnr 

On 1/19/2022 at 9:17 PM, sheepcrooky said:

Was holburn ices a place? Name seems vaguely familiar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sunday night had Nargile take away  - was 10/10 

just back from Da Vinci’s. Didn’t realise it was restaurant week, place was hoaching. Da Vinci’s is good food, reasonably priced. I like the bird that runs it, always remembers a face and looks after you. 

i still think Rustico’s is No1 Italian but it’s worth checking out Da Vinky

2 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Sunday night had Nargile take away  - was 10/10 

just back from Da Vinci’s. Didn’t realise it was restaurant week, place was hoaching. Da Vinci’s is good food, reasonably priced. I like the bird that runs it, always remembers a face and looks after you. 

i still think Rustico’s is No1 Italian but it’s worth checking out Da Vinky

Some dodgy clientele though.

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
7 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Service mediocre. 

This seems to be an issue most places, post-Covid. Cunts seem to think they have some kind of entitlement because of their ‘treatment’. Losers.