Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

I'm assuming outside of the Queen's birthday party or a Bill Gates Orgy, there's probably not many dining experiences that are more high falutin' than the kind of thing I've experienced.

The Queen's parties are ace. Pity it was raining but it was still a cracking day. Oh sorry did I forget to tell you I went to the Queen's garden party in the summer?

Not been to Bill's orgy. Yet.

Nothing carpet nuking wouldn't sort out. Weegies ming.

Fixed.

Btw, went to the Spur in Union Square last night, decent service and they dinna take the piss oot o ye for the price too- fajitas, chips, and a bottle o wifebeater for 20 notes, bit dear but fuck me what a feed. Put extra extra jalapenos on ma food, turned it nuclear, was fun at the time but this morning me ringpiece resembled Hiroshima two seconds after the bomb went off.

The Queen's parties are ace. Pity it was raining but it was still a cracking day. Oh sorry did I forget to tell you I went to the Queen's garden party in the summer?

Not been to Bill's orgy. Yet.

Would never attend anything hosted by the Queen... sour faced old witch. I'd come all over Braveheart, put my cock away, then stand on a table throwing eggs at anyone even vaguely royal looking... you know the sort, no chin, one eye, sitting on a peasant.

Grab a pitchfork and set about removing the aristos... much like the French and Russians, only without the awful teeth and body odour.

Here's me... whit am ah like, Boofs?

1-15--guillotine.jpg

Does Aberdeen have anywhere that would be called a gastropub? Doubt it.

They have some over there with you now Kelt. Ever been anywhere near any of these.......

The gastropub phenomenon took off in the United States in the 2000s at gastropubs such as The Red Table in Huntington Beach, CA., restaurateur and chef Sang Yoon's Father's Office[10][11] which had what Esquire magazine called one of the best burgers in the world,[12] Ford's Filling Station in Culver City, a gastropub run by actor Harrison Ford's son Ben Ford,[13] Brickyard,[14][15] The Spotted Pig in Manhattan,[16] the James Street Gastropub in Pittsburgh, PA, The Wobbly Olive in Long Island, NY,[17] The Monk's Kettle in San Francisco and Jack Perry's Gastropub in Austintown, Ohio.

What about the Dundonian fae Bergen........

There are also several gastropubs in Norway. Kick Malt & Mat[18] Many traditional pubs have followed in their footsteps in recent years, such as The Crossroad Club[19] in Oslo, Grünerløkka Brygghus[20] in Oslo and Jacobs[21] in Bergen.

Hmmmm... looking on wiki, doesn't really help... though I laughed at this;

" chef Sang Yoon's Father's Office[10][11] which had what Esquire magazine called one of the best burgers in the world"

Any American 'In the World' award generally pertains only to the particular state in which said award is awarded.

The Yanks generally believe that if something is 'The best locally' then it's "The best in the world."

The Yanks generally are fucktards.

Anyway, from what I can gather it's neither a high end restaurant nor necessarily a great bar... it falls between two stools, as it were.

I'd usually avoid that sort of place. If I want good food I'll go to a good restaurant ( or wait for the wife to go on one of her government jollies ;) ) If I want to get beered up I'll go to a proper pub where people aren't sitting eating.

Other places I've never been... Wine Bars, Gyms with the name 'IRON' in them, and a 'Traditional Irish Pub'.

Americans are wierd.

One I spoke to recently was a bit miffed that I'd flown across the Atlantic to go on holiday in Mexico rather than visit his country.

As an aside Kelt, does your wife have to undergo excessively stringent security checks being a member of government and a muslim?

She does work for Homeland Security and the Pentagon... she gets no hassle whatsoever. In fact while you and I are stripped half naked, with a metal detecting wand up our arses and a line of shuffling passengers behind us, she'll be sitting in the Sky Lounge knocking back the shandies.

The work she does necessitated a security check and an interview with the Feds, though... so in that respect she did have to undergo stringent security checks.

In fact her biggest security issue was probably marrying a foreigner

They dinna like foreigners in her line of work. Even educated, English-speaking white folks like myself are viewed as though we're members of an illegal Mariachi combo that just climbed out of a tunnel on the Texas border.

I lost count of the number of times I've been 'detained' at border crossings into the US... though that's usually the result of my attitude and inability to shut my fucking mouth.

Went to Poldino's on Friday night, food was really enjoyable, well priced too, although the service was slow.

Saturday went to the The Stage Door. near twice the price of Poldino's, and certainly not twice as good either, but a fine meal.

Friday lunch time, went to TGI's, pretty shit,

Saturday lunch went to Spur steak and grill, served a grilled chicken ceasar salad, that would have fed 4, huge portion.

Today, went to Monkey Hoose, shit, although good to see they now have a toilet that is not a good 10 minute walk to get too.

Tomorrow, diet.

That's a fair shift for a weekends eating!

Was in slains on Friday afternoon I think it was and the food was shite. One of my pals wanted to do that massive burger challenge but he couldn't do it because the chef who cooks it wasn't in until 3, how the fuck does that work?can Nobody else in the kitchen make a fucking burger?

It was that, gluttony.

I was surprised, at how busy all of those restaurants in Union Square were all of the time, continually a Q of folk outside waiting to get in.

The Eateries in Union Square hardly qualify as Restaurants...they are nothing more than themed greasy spoons.

The Eateries in Union Square hardly qualify as Restaurants...they are nothing more than themed greasy spoons.

Indeed,

But regardless of what you call them, I was still surprised at the level of busyness in all of them, 1215pm, 3pm, and 8pm, oot the door the whole time, for pretty average food.

The Italian is pretty good - Prezzo I think it's called - and Wagamama is great if you're in the mood but yeah, Union Square eateries are pretty bland. Yon Nando's was the worst yet.

The Italian is pretty good - Prezzo I think it's called - and Wagamama is great if you're in the mood but yeah, Union Square eateries are pretty bland. Yon Nando's was the worst yet.

Been to Caroluccis? They're decent. Nandos was a regular of mine, not so much now I've got the marinades for myself and can make improved versions of their fare. Most of the cinema side of eateries, not counting the Italian places, however are utter root- Giraffe in particular is a glorified greasy spoon, tho haven't been to Los Iguanas yet.

Went to one of the spanish places in union square, dunno if was that one but got served the worst excuse for a fajita ever. I'd have binned it if I was at home. Went to that original burger co or whatever too. Shit burger main thing but chips shite too plus like most of the places there line up to order then oh fuck I want another drink half way though... go join the line you cunt, don't like being my own waiter, no ta.