Sportsound, Jimmy Says

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone likes to think of themselves as a fisherman of late, every post has been 'bait'.

Well done MH on realising this, and not engaging.

I think I learned from you calling me a balloon when I was a bit bleezing.

My foul mouthed and abusive riposte was quite shameful looking back...though it did seem warranted when I was under the influence... :laughing:

Dear god why did he list those players!? He has definitely lost it... Gary Mac could barely get a game for Hamilton last season and I don't think anyone has even signed Derek Young yet

Cause he is a fuckin tool. Yet some still want him back here. Although conveniently they all now seem to be avoiding this thread and these quotes.

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/7210438/Mediawatch

Anyone who pays attention to Scotch football will know Aberdeen are not in the best shape at the moment. They're second bottom, and have only won one league game this season.

And so The Scotsman asked ex-manager Jimmy Calderwood to offer his opinion on why things have gone tits up.

He said: "A lot of experienced players, and winners, have left the club. Zander Diamond left, Derek Young knew what Aberdeen was about, Mark Kerr, Gary McDonald, good pros who know what's needed to win a football game."

Aside from the fact that those "winners" are now playing for Oldham, Grindavik, Astereas Tripolis and Morecambe respectively, in the two seasons when the "good pros who know what's needed to win a football game" were at Aberdeen, the team won 24 league games out of 76, and were put out of the Scottish Cup by Dunfermline and Raith Rovers.

Jimmy Calderwood is currently not working.

Cause he is a fuckin tool. Yet some still want him back here. Although conveniently they all now seem to be avoiding this thread and these quotes.

Wouldn't take him back but we'd be in better nick if we never sacked him in the first place.

Apart from the last 2 months or so of his first season - I actually thought Mark Kerr had a poor season. As for his second... can't stand the man

did i avoid it?

no

why is this allowed to stay open when my thread was locked?

wheres the consistency?

its moderating like this that fuels the fire - poor

Straight question then. Do you think any of the players that were mentioned in the quote would improve the current aberdeen side? If so please give your reasons why.

BBC: Jimmy Calderwood feels former club Aberdeen have struggled to replace the experienced professionals that have followed him out of Pittodrie.

"Zander Diamond left, Derek Young knew what Aberdeen was about, Mark Kerr, Gary McDonald - all good pros who know what's needed to win a football game.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Just had a look, our last captain fantastic, mark kerr has managed 11 games in two seasons in Greece. With the majority of those 11 as late substitutes.

Oh dear and made up another bit

"It's a worry and it`s a worry for Scottish football also. Aberdeen only took 450 to Easter Road against Hibs, which is one of the bigger games of the stadium."

Hibs are one of the few clubs that release figures for the away support and it was 1250.

Oh dear and made up another bit

"It's a worry and it`s a worry for Scottish football also. Aberdeen only took 450 to Easter Road against Hibs, which is one of the bigger games of the stadium."

Hibs are one of the few clubs that release figures for the away support and it was 1250.

Also don't understand the point he is trying to make when he states first:

JIMMY CALDERWOOD fears Aberdeen's season could be all but over by the end of October.

The manager the club binned two years ago insists he bears no grudges and swears he is as hurt as any fan when he sees them languishing a point from bottom of the table.

but then goes on to point out almost immediately

Aberdeen broke my heart because I loved it there. It wasn't my choice to leave - it was put on me. We went from bottom of the league in October to qualifying for Europe.

I fear he's just glad at the moment to get his face in the papers and voice on the radio to keep himself in the "public" eye so he doesn't slip out of people's minds in the future when jobs come up and we are the vehicle that he is able to use to do that.

Jimmy never finished outside the top six and he also presided over an amazing European run with trips to Madrid and Munich. He was a good manager for us and a gentleman to boot, never has anything but nice things to say about the club and the city. Would have him back in an instant should Brown and Knox get their jotters.

Jimmy never finished outside the top six and he also presided over an amazing European run with trips to Madrid and Munich. He was a good manager for us and a gentleman to boot, never has anything but nice things to say about the club and the city. Would have him back in an instant should Brown and Knox get their jotters.

:dontknow::suicide:

I'm mixed on this one. I wasn't desperate to see Jimmy leave, but felt that maybe it was time for a change for both parties. I think it would have been best if he did move to another club rather than end the way it did.

Maybe its just the 2 disasterous appointments made since, but I have tendancies to think he wouldn't be the worst appointment. Jimmy's league record was good (granted the cup record was nothing short of appauling).

I still think Brown will go in the next month or so, but a wider clearout is needed above him.

Calderwood's time had come (the cup defeats are what did for him) but without someone obviously better coming in I fail to see what the point of getting rid of him was. As I've said, the cup defeats were awful, but nobody since then has done any better....and here is a bold prediction : nobody will do better. we are a basketcase. no salvation awaits.

totally agreed when Tangoman said that the players at the club simply were not good enough.

Totally agreed when he said that there was something more pervasively wrong than just the playing staff at Pittodrie.

Then pissed myself laughing when 'Zander Diamond' and 'quality player' belonged in the same sentence without the prefix 'not even fucking close to being a'

All of our player bar Arnason are pish (and i think what he was saying is spot on, except he obivously doesnt want to have everyone hate him so he did stop short of mentioning the rest of our players total lack of ability). But alot of the players we 'lost' were pish as well.

out the ones JC mentioned- Diamond- rivals Ifil for worst player ive ever seen. At least Ifil had some upper body strength.........

Kerr- awful passing, awful tackling, awful vision, awful attitude, awful positioning, awful haircut.

Mcdonald- never noticed what he was doing on the park, so who am i to pass judegement?

Young- pretty poor to be honest, the only reason i think he maybe should have been kept was that he did have a good attitude, which hopefully would rub off on others around him, and he at least tried to play football occasionally. Plus he was very cheap for the wage bill from what i hear.

totally agreed when Tangoman said that the players at the club simply were not good enough.

Totally agreed when he said that there was something more pervasively wrong than just the playing staff at Pittodrie.

Then pissed myself laughing when 'Zander Diamond' and 'quality player' belonged in the same sentence without the prefix 'not even fucking close to being a'

All of our player bar Arnason are pish (and i think what he was saying is spot on, except he obivously doesnt want to have everyone hate him so he did stop short of mentioning the rest of our players total lack of ability). But alot of the players we 'lost' were pish as well.

out the ones JC mentioned- Diamond- rivals Ifil for worst player ive ever seen. At least Ifil had some upper body strength.........

Kerr- awful passing, awful tackling, awful vision, awful attitude, awful positioning, awful haircut.

Mcdonald- never noticed what he was doing on the park, so who am i to pass judegement?

Young- pretty poor to be honest, the only reason i think he maybe should have been kept was that he did have a good attitude, which hopefully would rub off on others around him, and he at least tried to play football occasionally. Plus he was very cheap for the wage bill from what i hear.

already a topic on in bud, topics merged

i never want to see the OAF back in Pittodrie again, aye Jimmy you did a good job from what the club was when you arrived to what it was when you left and for that you are thanked , but to get his knees back behind the managers desk at Pittodrie well i request that you poiltely, respectfully and dignifyably take that idea and stick it right up your arse