Worst Afc Starting 11 Of The Last 20 Years...

While i'm thinking of mine, what is your worst starting 11 from players over the last 20 years that have played for Aberdeen?

GK - Bossu

LB - Byrne

CB - IFIL

CB - Solberg

RB - McArdle - Don't think he's a bad defender, but at RB he is woefu (see Scotland v Northern Ireland for evidence)

LM - Chris Clark (2011 edition)

RM - Buchan

CM - Kerr

CM - Pepper

CF - Wright

CF - Mackie

Subs - Blaha, Koumbuare, Mike...plus a lot more

please note this isn't a definitive 11...I may change this at any point :thumbup1:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bossu

Muirhead Solberg Ifil Scott Morrison

Chris Clark Jess :rolleyes: Bernard Mayer

Djaffo John Stewart

No way Razor! Some of these guys would walk into the current team. :confused:

I though Solberg was ok compared to some of the others we had and Bernard has to be excused for that League Cup Semi - my favourate win over Rangers I think.

Jess I'm not biting on...

I better go think of mine, its hard with so much mediocrity to chose from.

Would take me ages to come up with a definitive worst XI. However, a few guys do spring to mind:

Bossu has to be the worst goalkeeper surely?

In defence there is a long list... Jamie McAllister and Jamie McQuilken were really poor, as were Jerel Ifil and Toni Kombouare. However, Richie Byrne was definitely the worst defender I've ever seen at Aberdeen.

Midfield and upfront will take a bit more thought....

might be on my own here but Kerr did well for us in his first season. Do those picking him really believe he was our worst central midfielder in the last 20 years?

In terms of attitude, commitment and the fact he was captain, yes.

What he said.

Everything that was wrong with Aberdeen FC at that time was oozing from this guy. Horrible player.

No way Razor! Some of these guys would walk into the current team. :confused:

I though Solberg was ok compared to some of the others we had and Bernard has to be excused for that League Cup Semi - my favourate win over Rangers I think.

Jess I'm not biting on...

I better go think of mine, its hard with so much mediocrity to chose from.

I got to this. Ejactualed with disbelief in what you just posted and was one pulpatation away from going into cardiac arrest.

To quote Mr Mcenroe You cannot be serious!

Bossu

Solberg

O'Neil

Bus

McQuilken (glaring omission so far on this thread!!!)

Clark (any edition)

Tiernan

Dempsey

Ingolfsson

Mike

Hamilton

Subs - Langfield, Tzvetanov, Solberg, Grassi, Winter, Marshall, Stewart.

Manager: Alex Miller

Assistants: Scott Leitch and Sandy Clark

Home strip: Home 96/97. Red wi blue flashes, white shorts, hooped socks.

Away strip: 3rd kit 07/08. Yellow and black halved top. Used in one game only, 4-1 pumping at Hearts.

24 posts in and nobody's mentioned Illian Kiriakov, IIRC he was signed on the strength of his showing for Famagusta vs the Huns. He came to us and after initial promise, became shitier and shitier, also was more or less permanently pished. I remember him in Rileys pretty much every time we were there, fag in gob, pint in hand, playing the bandit non stop

24 posts in and nobody's mentioned Illian Kiriakov, IIRC he was signed on the strength of his showing for Famagusta vs the Huns. He came to us and after initial promise, became shitier and shitier, also was more or less permanently pished. I remember him in Rileys pretty much every time we were there, fag in gob, pint in hand, playing the bandit non stop

He was pretty much spoiled by Aberdeen giving him his biggest wage ever. I remember speaking to an ex-player about him, he mentioned one game in particular that Kiriakov had one of his better 1st halves, he came into the dressing room, sparked up a fag, took everyone's congrats on a good 1st half then took off his boots telling Aitken or Miller (canna mind) that he wasn't going back on. Just didn't want to, he'd done enough already!

And as for everyone's suggestions above - no worst team is complete without Mark Perry, such a liability, gave away countless penalties - absolute bomb scare!

see?

whats the point when you have folk putting ryan jack and even diamond in the worst EVER players over the last 20 years

thick

completely agree, how the hell can you put an 18 year old kid in a worst team in 20 years? what a heid the ba. also see stoney has put de visscher in his? :wtf: he would moon walk into the current team and should have been an ever present in calderwoods team, same with touzani.

Well, i just loved his rapid sending off after just coming on.

On, big tackle, Off.

Canna even remember one minute of his playing days. I would have used him once games were already won just to snap folk like Scott Brown, Lafferty etc which means his game opportunites might be pretty slim.

true, but i'm sure you would have done the same given half a chance. was it nae regi blinker he smashed after about 40 seconds? funny but nae much use to the team. from the games he lasted more than a minute i recall him giving the ball away every time he got it, either that or having a pop shot at goal.

No matter how much he smoked or drank, Kiriakv was still a better full back than McQuilken, Perry, Cobian, and McAllister to name a few.