Pubs To Avoid

Guest milne_afc

They were doing it to a few bars in the area. Grays, Croft, Byron ect.

My two mates were in the paper outside murdos when they did the story. Both were laughing at what I can only presume was the finger up the ass moment.

Aye FB was one of the guys in the paper, that's my mate i'm on about. Don't know the other guy though.

never knew about that carry on lethal, heard a completely different story about mw's missus, incidently fae your mate chris (the manager). is m banned aswell? i wondered where you had been. was speaking to bg (previous manager) in the byron 2 weeks ago and he is adament he'll get his old job back at murdos. would you return or you prefer the croft now?

So you know MW as well ebbe? How so?

I see. You still drink there like? Even though it's my local i very rarely go in there now, in fact the last few times i have been in i haven't seen any of the lads

i'm in quite often. it's not the same as it used to be that's for sure but still enjoy a pint or 12 on a friday and the freedom of the jukebox.

best chance of seeing all the st machar boys is a sunday, fb and dr are in most i would say.

I see. You still drink there like? Even though it's my local i very rarely go in there now, in fact the last few times i have been in i haven't seen any of the lads

You probabl;y wouldn't see many of the lads OJ unless you go on a Sunday when there is a big game on. Loads of them meet at Murdos when the football is on.

Sunday's used to be brilliant in there but so many people have been banned from the new manager for nothing. He wasn't keen on how the locals almost run the bar and tried to put his foot down. All he has done is bring down a decent local bar and most definitely he'll be losing profits. People used to say there was always trouble in murdos but I think I've heard about more trouble and carry ons since this guy took over. He hasn't got a scooby about the locals and surrounding areas.

Aye same thing happened at the horse before we all left, tremendous group of guys on a sunday then they took in some wet behind the ears lad to do the bar on a sunday afternoon / night, he tried to assert his authority and it fucked the regulars off and one by one they got barred, which had a knock on effect in the darts team!

I have yet to be in a bar on a sunday afternoon when some for of row hasnt kicked off, but if you have a barman barman with loads of experience and has knows his customers for a period of time its all sorted out with minimal hassle.

• 1 month later...

Buckie Farm. Closest pub to me, and have to say it's fucking erse. Up there tonight and full of Spurs wannabees (plus an overly exciteable Chelsea "fan"), smelly cunts who need a good shower, and enough heat to grow a rainforest. Beer is pish, and they only sell those horrible McCoys crinkle cut macho crisps.

:swear:

Buckie Farm. Closest pub to me, and have to say it's fucking erse. Up there tonight and full of Spurs wannabees (plus an overly exciteable Chelsea "fan"), smelly cunts who need a good shower, and enough heat to grow a rainforest. Beer is pish, and they only sell those horrible McCoys crinkle cut macho crisps.

:swear:

Thought you were gay why you nae drink in Cheers or fariver poofs drink in toon nowadays.

• 1 month later...

Got to add the Bobbin. Fuck me what an affront of a place.

In there post match today, and as fucking shite as usual, nae Straropromen and nae Peroni left, and full of wanks. plus a couple of gypes cheering on the Tims, unaware seemingly that the pub was full of sheep/we'd just finished. Which in fairness, being armchair glory hunting wanks probably isn't a surprise.

The Bobbin is full of cunts, the types that wear bodywarmers and have blonde, curly hair.

The odd Cunterbury tracksuit bottom and flip flop wearing type can be seen there too.

I'd add Key West if Celtic are on tv.

Was in there after the Don's game to have a pint and watch the Liverpool game.

Far to many Tims with NE accents for my liking.

Fair enough the owner is a Tim andhe's from that neck of the woods.

But the rest.....

They even moaned when he turned it off right at full time and they didn't get to hear the post match analysis.

WTF do they want to hear?

They played a pish Hibs team off of the park ffs.

I'd avoid Triple Kirks if you can. Fucking Huns still run the place.

We were in there about a week ago and the new jukebox has European Song and Northern Lights on it so naturally we lobbed it on and proceeded to have a sing song :scarf:

But we were soon shouted down by the bar staff and told such songs were not allowed. It wasn't a simple "can you please quiet down, lads" either.

We were spoken to like shit. Hun bastards.

Good pubs in town

Masada

Grill

Glentanar

McGintys

Filthy McNastys

Wardies

Kirkgate

Adam Lounge/Hawthorne

OKH

The Masada is currently my local but I move to Bridge of Don next week.

I'll really miss that place :(

You can still go :)

It's not far from Bridge of Don to Rosemount, walkable.

or you could skateboard there.

going downhill at danestone should give you enough gas to get up the hill the other side of the don.

failing that you can alway do a marty mcfly and hitch a tow from passing motors.