Pubs To Avoid

Guest milne_afc

Ferryhill Tavern's a decent place, I bide in torry but the White Cockade, The Grampian, and the Rat Cellar are absolute shiteholes, aye full of neds and junkies. Hence the short trip over the bridge to South College St. Made even better by the 24 hour garage nearby, so I can get fags on the way in, and a munchies on the way home. But yeah. Torry pubs = shiteholes.

i'm regularly in the grampian for a quick pint after my work and think it's aright. george sells arguabley the finest pint of tennents in the toon. campbells is a cracking bar aswell, especially in the summer.

No mention of any of the bars round george street - i.e. northern bar, butchers arms, the 512, all shit in their own way- actually didnt mind the lochside until it closed (and got knocked down) Used to like the Criterion on a weekend as well - always full of martians. :stormtrooper: :stormtrooper:

Mither tap was alright.

No mention of any of the bars round george street - i.e. northern bar, butchers arms, the 512, all shit in their own way- actually didnt mind the lochside until it closed (and got knocked down) Used to like the Criterion on a weekend as well - always full of martians. :stormtrooper: :stormtrooper:

The 512? Opened to challenge the 524 as the best pub on George Street I suppose? Billy will be spinning in his grave.

Pubs to avoid?

FIT???

Ok, one or two are less desirable than ithers, and there are plenty full of cunts that are clean up themselves, but a pubs a pub.

I'm as happy in Market Arms as I am in Soul.

As content in Dutch Mill as I am in the Cooperage (full o' stinking cunts yon een).

As blissful hoovering a beer in Wordies as I am in the College.

Similarly delighted to drink a pint in Revolution (which I dinna particularly like), as I am in the Grill. Okay, maybe teen that too far.

I enjoy a stot roon Market Street hoying into Spirit Level, Aitchies, Henhoose, Wilson's et al as much as een roond Belmont Street inti 99s, Ma's, Old School House, Wild Boar etc.

Dinna get mi wrang. I dee hae my favourite bars, but if you have a choice of good bar - shit company against shit bar - good company, then I ken far I'd be at.

Possibly contradicted mysel' multiples in that blurb like.

Fitiver. :cheers:

All true MH, good company can turn the worst of pubs into great times.

However... It staggers me the amount of city centre pubs in Aberdeen, that serve up shit pints, time and time again, I know the majority of staff are student who don't give a fuck, but still...

If wee hick pubs in the Shire can manage, then so can the City ones.

All true MH, good company can turn the worst of pubs into great times.

However... It staggers me the amount of city centre pubs in Aberdeen, that serve up shit pints, time and time again, I know the majority of staff are student who don't give a fuck, but still...

If wee hick pubs in the Shire can manage, then so can the City ones.

Don't think it's anything to do with the person serving the pint but I agree. What's worse is a shit pint served in a plastic cup! :clangers2:

Ferryhill Tavern's a decent place, I bide in torry but the White Cockade, The Grampian, and the Rat Cellar are absolute shiteholes, aye full of neds and junkies. Hence the short trip over the bridge to South College St. Made even better by the 24 hour garage nearby, so I can get fags on the way in, and a munchies on the way home. But yeah. Torry pubs = shiteholes.

I played darts for the Rats Cellar for years, not a bad little boozer imo, real man's bar.

i'm regularly in the grampian for a quick pint after my work and think it's aright. george sells arguabley the finest pint of tennents in the toon. campbells is a cracking bar aswell, especially in the summer.

The Torry bar used to be good as well, pity it closed, the bank holiday strippers in there were rough as feck but it was always a good day.

The Crit was good for a pre train/football drink, not as good as the Schooner but still alright, you used to get some right shapes in both at 7am! :laughing:

The Crit was good for a pre train/football drink, not as good as the Schooner but still alright, you used to get some right shapes in both at 7am! :laughing:

Aberdeen V Rangers, arrive at Schooner 730-8am, place is out the door, stripper show, then a DJ playing techno.

That was the morning I purchased a leg of lamb along with Mach 3 Razors

• Upvote 1

Comment on buying dodgy stuff reminds me of when I was in my Bristol "local" (Little Grosvenor) and got offered Gaviscon. It's the Bristol City casual hangout, got offered phones every time I went past too. Was an interesting evening being the only sweaty sock in the place for the Celtic Man U game on my own.

Here are some of the more approachable customers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpDZSSjm2tk

I went into the Grill for the first time in about 6 years over the festives. Shitehole.

Was in there about a week ago...after a similar timescale as yourself...the bogs were in a dreadful state "Black hole of Calcutta" type stuff but I actually enjoyed knocking back a few malts in the bar...It is what it is...one of my mates commented that the place is probably massively under insured due to the buoyant market for rare whiskeys...there must be in excess of

Was in there about a week ago...after a similar timescale as yourself...the bogs were in a dreadful state "Black hole of Calcutta" type stuff but I actually enjoyed knocking back a few malts in the bar...It is what it is...one of my mates commented that the place is probably massively under insured due to the buoyant market for rare whiskeys...there must be in excess of

Too many show offs acting the big shot and ordering the most expensive whiskey, whatever it is, and sticking it on their company card. Bar staff seem to be shite as well. I walked out due to the idiot barman serving 2 people that walked up a while after me.

"excuse me, I was here first, thanks"

Get the cunt telt.

Was in there about a week ago...after a similar timescale as yourself...the bogs were in a dreadful state "Black hole of Calcutta" type stuff but I actually enjoyed knocking back a few malts in the bar...It is what it is...one of my mates commented that the place is probably massively under insured due to the buoyant market for rare whiskeys...there must be in excess of £100k in bottles behind the bar...They would be well advised to re-brand the place as an up-market whiskey bar...It would lose it's identity but they would surely make a killing.

It's full of weirdos apart from the barman who used to be in The Shamen. :dancin: :dancin: :dancin: