Guisers/halloween

daytripping

I moved into a posh...ish area in June and thought the little fuckers would be swarming round the house tonight, the other half went out and bought a load of sweeties and bagged them up.

Result.....................not one knock on the door!

What happened to the spirit of our youngsters, in my day I'd still be out now milking the whole fecking area, especially the more well off parts (not saying i'm well off btw, just that I have a huge mortgage).

My last house had a constant stream, I kinda like to see the kids having fun and being out and about, reminds me of my childhood(difference is they had their parents 2 feet away at the end of the path, mines would have been 2 miles away watching telly).

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mind when we called it 'guising'. This trick or treat stuff is an import from America. My car better be looking sound tomorrow. Bet not one child in Scotland has dooked for an apple tonight.

Yeah, I blame ET. Before that film, nobody had heard of 'trick or treat' over here.

Mind you, it also gave us the BMX. So not all bad.

Or maybe the bike i remember was a budgie? Sure it was Raleigh. Or maybe budgie was just a nickname.. other way it was my older brother's first bike, but I also used it to learn about ten years later. Still remember going down the drive towards the road, realising my dad had let go ages ago, with me cycling towards the road with not a care in the world! Thesedays folk would probably get reported for that behaviour!

I went off topic a bit there. I remember guising in rothie ages ago, we got sweets from a random guy's house and told him some bad jokes, then he said it was time for his treat and got us to line up at the bottom of the garden and then threw a tangerine at us! Glad it hit my friend though instead of me. Again though, that sort of thing just wouldn't happen 'thesedays' sadly.

Or maybe the bike i remember was a budgie? Sure it was Raleigh. Or maybe budgie was just a nickname.. other way it was my older brother's first bike, but I also used it to learn about ten years later. Still remember going down the drive towards the road, realising my dad had let go ages ago, with me cycling towards the road with not a care in the world! Thesedays folk would probably get reported for that behaviour!

I went off topic a bit there. I remember guising in rothie ages ago, we got sweets from a random guy's house and told him some bad jokes, then he said it was time for his treat and got us to line up at the bottom of the garden and then threw a tangerine at us! Glad it hit my friend though instead of me. Again though, that sort of thing just wouldn't happen 'thesedays' sadly.

My wee bro had a budgie. Bloody death traps. Nothing to stop you turning the handlebars 360 degrees and planting your face on the pavement in the process. Horrible bikes - looked cool though - like a wee version of the chopper.

*edit* The Budgie never had gears though so I'm sure you're thinking of the Commando.

My best bikes were always home made efforts, old bastardised things either traded with other kids or found at the dump, add on wide handle bars and a quick spray paint and ready to go.

Added plastic tops in your spokes from beer barrels at the local pub and you were ready to go.

We moved on to a mot failure Toyoto Corrola from the EE spares or repair section at 14 year old, did the deal in the 4 mile car park for

I mind when we called it 'guising'. This trick or treat stuff is an import from America. My car better be looking sound tomorrow. Bet not one child in Scotland has dooked for an apple tonight.

I took my bairns guising last night. And I dooked for and got an apple.

I reprimand them when they call it trick or treating. We're educated scots not brain dead Americans, we go guising where you tell a joke or sing a song for rewards not expecting it like some greedy nyaff is what I tell them.

I took my bairns guising last night. And I dooked for and got an apple.

I reprimand them when they call it trick or treating. We're educated scots not brain dead Americans, we go guising where you tell a joke or sing a song for rewards not expecting it like some greedy nyaff is what I tell them.

Nice, I'm all in favour of guisers. Trick or treaters can gtf though, imported american nonsense.

When I was a loon, we went oot guising to raise cash for buying our squeebs from the local shop!

(I remember mini rockets being like 10p a go, wouldnae even get a sparkler for that noo)

This is my third one in newmachar and the first time we have had a chap at the door.

First lot were all about the money, second and third lot were from our row of houses and were quite good, little girl just past walking age.

"why does a squirrell swim on its back" "To keep his nuts dry"

Her mums face dropped :hysterical:

had a few knocks at the door last night and they all said trick or treat. guising seems to have died and everyon has jumped on the american band wagon :ThumbsDown: :thumbsdown:

had a few knocks at the door last night and they all said trick or treat. guising seems to have died and everyon has jumped on the american band wagon :ThumbsDown: :thumbsdown:

Same thing has happened with holidays at my work, every fecker apart from me leaves an out of office saying they are on "vacation", no yer not you chunts yer fecking off on holiday.

Same thing has happened with holidays at my work, every fecker apart from me leaves an out of office saying they are on "vacation", no yer not you chunts yer fecking off on holiday.

not as bad as that here yet but I'm sure it won't be long.

did anyone else call the October holiday the tattie holidays? I say that to people no days and they look at me is If I have two heeds

My sister, her husband and the geets were down here they done dooking for apples, too much bother and noise for me, I just sat in my room with the lights dimmed down and a pizza.

It's always tattie holidays.

My wife advised last night the kids have a week off in February as "half term". I retorted with a kindly "what the fuck is half term? Some gay guffie slack fucker holiday? What's the point in going to school when they're on fucking holiday glad the time"

Fucking half term. I get 4 weeks holiday a year. They should get the same. Then they'd be done school by 12 year old and contributing.

It's always tattie holidays.

My wife advised last night the kids have a week off in February as "half term". I retorted with a kindly "what the fuck is half term? Some gay guffie slack fucker holiday? What's the point in going to school when they're on fucking holiday glad the time"

Fucking half term. I get 4 weeks holiday a year. They should get the same. Then they'd be done school by 12 year old and contributing.

:laughing:

to hell with being one of your sprogs.