Ballon D'or

Player nominees: Eric Abidal (France), Sergio Aguero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlan (Uruguay), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Muller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Gerard Pique (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), Luis Suarez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Xavi (Spain).

Coach nominees: Vicente Del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United FC), Rudi Garcia (France/Lille OSC), Pep Guardiola (Spain/FC Barcelona), Jurgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), Joachim Low (Germany/Germany national team), Jose Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid), Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay/Uruguay national team), Andre Villas-Boas (Portugal/FC Porto, Chelsea), Arsene Wenger (France/Arsenal).

Messi and Villas Boas for me!

On a side note why is Wenger on manager shortlist? Only club manager on list that hasn't won anything last year or the previous 4 or 5 seasons!

Eric Abidal only on it because of his off field problems, sympathy vote if ever there was one.

Agreed. I mean i felt sorry for the guy and delighted he's overcome his illness but the guy is not that good a player and certainly nowhere near the class of most of the players in that list.

Will definitely be Messi winning again, and agree it should really be Villas-Boas who wins the coach award but it will be Pep

• 2 months later...

announced tonight.

if its not messi, then i'll eat my baseball cap. he should win 70 : 29.99 : 0.01

as for coaches, probably pep but theres nae a huge amout to choose between them if you anaylse their achievement individually as opposed to looking at who won the c.l.

World 11 announced: Casillas, Dani Alves, Pique, Ramos, Vidic, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney

Only Real Madrid, Man United and Barca players. Hmmm....

No Robin Van Persie, one of the best strikers in the world in 2011.

Fitba is shite.

who picks these team or the year players? do they just go ''who finished first second and third in the cahmpions league'' and divvy the players up from there?

so casillas was the best keeper on the planet? not last year he wasnt.

and very harsh on van persie.

definitley had a better all round year than rooney.

but he's been an ace player all his arsenal career but always goes unnoticed, prob due to his injuries.

who picks these team or the year players? do they just go ''who finished first second and third in the cahmpions league'' and divvy the players up from there?

but he's been an ace player all his arsenal career but always goes unnoticed, prob due to his injuries.

Probably because he's won nothing.

I am sure I heard on talksport that these teams are voted for by coaches

They won the Copa Del Rey remember.

Not saying it rights, but maybe it's a reason.

They also played CL semi final and were runners up in the league.

Whereas Arsenal lost the Carling Cup final.

Maybe he's not been picked because he's not been playing at the top top level?

I agree though, he is a class act. Rooney has scored more goals this season already than he (Rooney) did in the whole of the previous one!

They won the Copa Del Rey remember.

Not saying it rights, but maybe it's a reason.

They also played CL semi final and were runners up in the league.

Whereas Arsenal lost the Carling Cup final.

Maybe he's not been picked because he's not been playing at the top top level?

I agree though, he is a class act. Rooney has scored more goals this season already than he (Rooney) did in the whole of the previous one!

copa del rey, monkey cup min. worthless.

• 11 months later...