Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

^ are you in Edinburgh? thats where her mate is.

Nah, Falkirk. There's a couple of private tennis clubs there though> Will look in to it, i suspect it might be cost prohibitive though. Especially when we've just had 8 new all-weather, floodlit courts installed at Council facilities, so can get a game anytime we want for about £5.

The desire to get better and maximise your potential is sorely lacking, how many of them are willing to do extra work to get better, to be an abstainer from drink and nightlife etc in order to focus 100% on being great.

Long time retired to get strange like

I dunno, how many? Percentage compared to tennis. Likes of Ronaldo take it seriously etc

The desire to get better and maximise your potential is sorely lacking, how many of them are willing to do extra work to get better, to be an abstainer from drink and nightlife etc in order to focus 100% on being great.

Long time retired to get strange like

Talking shite yet again.

Maybe 100 to 200 serious tennis players putting in the effort everyday to make it to the top (potentially).

Lot harder to make it in a sport like football where every kid in the world nearly wants to make it.

You don't make it in any sport these days with out dedication. Look at Goodwillie, Riordan and O'Connor etc, talent only gets you so far.

Lot less drug cheats in football also....

Wimbledon is great but it's so inaccessible. Both me and my Mrs apply every year and we've only been successful in the ballot twice.

If you love tennis, you'd love RG.

I'm looking to get to the 2019 US Open and 2020 Aussie Open to complete the set.

Tried Wimbledon once, did the big queue, got in no problem and going again this year, mens semi finals this year. Been to three of the slams and felt RG was the poorest of them all but still a great event. ATP finals is good and Queens is shite.

That’s pish. Murray is as sulky as they come. How many other players look angrily up at mummy looking for a bitty when they lose a key point.

Players exploited it

His Ma has nothing to do with it... she only turned up to the odd grand slam event, wimbledon and the US Open usually. It's only mentioned because she's a high profile public figure. Almost every tennis player uses their box to some extent... some to vent frustration, some for encouragement, etc.

It's more noticeable when you are at the match. A few months ago I was sitting right next to Denis Istomins box... They (him, his wife and his coach) were in almost constant dialogue - even though none of them could possibly hear each other.