Spl Wages

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if those figures are for players or all employees, but Billy Dodds said on the radio yesterday that AFC players were better paid than two thirds of the league.. I'm guessing he would have some sort of an idea.

he doesnt, its a lazy stereotype that even milne doesnt adhere to, the 4th biggest budget is only really used by folk here ehen its clearly not true.

The figure includes coaches etc and i think we are generous payers. Living costs in aberdeen are higher than say kilmarnock or paisley, a lot of players will take slightly less to be central based, we have stopped paying more and therefore the standard of player is dropping! The club then reduces wage budget as they want to make 60 per cent wages - to turnover guide. Vicious brutal circle

Ah right ok.

Interesting take on it RUL, I actually reckon the way we do business (fannying about with contracts, massive summer player turnover every year, no apparent scouting network) puts us on a pretty much level playing field with those with a "lesser" budget who do things differently. Of course it's no excuse, but too many folk just think it's a case of "here's the 4th biggest budget, do what you want with it"

By all means sack the manager, but nothing will change until we change what goes on above him.

Hibs wages remained last season at 4.8 My link

The thing is, there are plenty of posters who expect us to compete with Rangers and Celtic, despite them spending 7 and 9 times more respectively.

But also think that Kilmarnock - who spend approx 80% of our total to have no right to ever beat us or finish above us in the league.

How do you square that circle?

The thing is, there are plenty of posters who expect us to compete with Rangers and Celtic, despite them spending 7 and 9 times more respectively.

But also think that Kilmarnock - who spend approx 80% of our total to have no right to ever beat us or finish above us in the league.

Who? Don't think I have seen anyone saying they expect us to challenge the old firm for title. One of games yes and why not but don't think ever seen anyone say they expect us to be challenging the old firm.

No there aren't.

There are plenty of posters who think we should be competeing with Motherwell though.

Who? Don't think I have seen anyone saying they expect us to challenge the old firm for title. One of games yes and why not but don't think ever seen anyone say they expect us to be challenging the old firm.

Each of the last few OF games, there have been posters saying we were shite for not beating Rangers or Celtic.

The most recent at home to the Hun rings bells.

You read it on here all the time - "blah balh, bigger budget|" "blah blah St Johnstone above us blah disgrace blah".

----

The way I see the wage bill is like this;

Each of the last few OF games, there have been posters saying we were shite for not beating Rangers or Celtic.

The most recent at home to the Hun rings bells.

You read it on here all the time - "blah balh, bigger budget|" "blah blah St Johnstone above us blah disgrace blah".

----

The way I see the wage bill is like this;

A massive world of difference from saying old firm are there to have a go at as they are not that good and saying folk expect us to challenge them in general. Massive massive world of a difference.

Not really

We pay an 8th of the wages they do - there is no real reason we should be able to compete - even on an odd game if it's all about money - but some still EXPECTED us to beat Rangers last home game.

Killie pay 80% of what we do - the same people can't handle it when we lose an away game to them.

It makes no sense at all.

Not really

We pay an 8th of the wages they do - there is no real reason we should be able to compete - even on an odd game if it's all about money - but some still EXPECTED us to beat Rangers last home game.

Killie pay 80% of what we do - the same people can't handle it when we lose an away game to them.

It makes no sense at all.

Quotes on people who expected?

But you have just posted in another thread that you think we are strong enough to get a result in any game in this league which includes old firm away. Am I being fished here? :dontknow:

Quotes on people who expected?

But you have just posted in another thread that you think we are strong enough to get a result in any game in this league which includes old firm away. Am I being fished here? :dontknow:

Nope.

I don't spend my time trawling messageboards looking for quotes - if you want them enough, I'm sure you'll find them.

And I said we are strong enough to get a "result" in any game - including draws.

Not that I expect one in every match.

----

Unlike a lot of others, I don't see any away game in the SPL as a nailed on 3 points.

Please try and look at the overall jist of the post and the actual argument i am making, rather than focussing solely on semantics.

Nope.

I don't spend my time trawling messageboards looking for quotes - if you want them enough, I'm sure you'll find them.

And I said we are strong enough to get a "result" in any game - including draws.

Not that I expect one in every match.

----

Unlike a lot of others, I don't see any away game in the SPL as a nailed on 3 points.

Please try and look at the overall jist of the post and the actual argument i am making, rather than focussing solely on semantics.

You make something totally up then go and contradict yourself immediately after!!

Don't get the arguement at all and for that reason "i'm out"

You make something totally up then go and contradict yourself immediately after!!

Don't get the arguement at all and for that reason "i'm out"

The point of the argument for the incredibly slow of thinking is that, in the real world, there is actually very little difference between a club spending