Leigh Griffiths

A case of a Twitter user not being able to take it back when he has dished it out? smiley_sherlock.gif

Anyway, an absolute idiot. Gutted he's staying.

Don't think that's the case as I read that when Griffith tweeted an apology the guy wrote back along the lines of he treated it as "banter".

Nevertheless I think Griffith will be hammered by the SFA and given that fans have been prosecuted for tweeting abuse at players I assume he will be getting a knock on the door from Lothian and Borders finest soon.

Might be a smart move by Wolves leaving him in Scotland as if he went back down south the English FA as part of their anti rascist purge would be likely to hammer him with a long ban. By leaving him at Hibs it's the SFA who will deal with him and they may be more lenient but even if they are not I assume Hibs are paying at least part of his wages so Wolves will still get that whilst he's banned rather than paying him themselves.

Don't think that's the case as I read that when Griffith tweeted an apology the guy wrote back along the lines of he treated it as "banter".

Nevertheless I think Griffith will be hammered by the SFA and given that fans have been prosecuted for tweeting abuse at players I assume he will be getting a knock on the door from Lothian and Borders finest soon.

Might be a smart move by Wolves leaving him in Scotland as if he went back down south the English FA as part of their anti rascist purge would be likely to hammer him with a long ban. By leaving him at Hibs it's the SFA who will deal with him and they may be more lenient but even if they are not I assume Hibs are paying at least part of his wages so Wolves will still get that whilst he's banned rather than paying him themselves.

Would need to be a 4 game ban to rule him out of the cup game.

Can't see that happening.

They've got Dundee, us, Ross County before the cup game.

No surprise. Just another thick as fuck fitba player shooting his mouth off without engaging his pea sized brain, which I am sure being pea sized would have steered thicko Griffiths to either not bite, or respond with some cunning wit. Lets face it, I think we will be hard pushed to see Griffiths use cunning wit on twitter! If I were a fitba player I would avoid use social media and remain anonymous.

Indeed. Major fuss about absolutely fuck all.

The fucking mock outrage of simpletons in current day society is an absolute hoot.

There does tend to be an absence of common sense around the issue but the problem for Griffith maybe that telling someone to "go back to their own country" is widely accepted by those who deal with these matters as being racist.

I could easily see a situation where he ends up in court over this and given that there has been the issues in England with Terry and Suarez etc, a 4 game ban might be on the short side if the SCA feel they have to act.

There does tend to be an absence of common sense around the issue but the problem for Griffith maybe that telling someone to "go back to their own country" is widely accepted by those who deal with these matters as being racist.

I could easily see a situation where he ends up in court over this and given that there has been the issues in England with Terry and Suarez etc, a 4 game ban might be on the short side if the SCA feel they have to act.

Fuck off back to your own country said online

Fuck off you fucking black cunt said in person

What's perceived as worse? Both said in haste.

Fuck off back to your own country said online

Fuck off you fucking black cunt said in person

What's perceived as worse? Both said in haste.

And both are unacceptable in a modern multicultural society.

Unless you're a bit of a bigot.

It's the language of idiots and dressing it up as "mock offence" is no defence. He doesn't have to offend anyone to be an odious little rat-bag.

(not referring to you personally MDAL for the avoidance of doubt)