Holiday Thread 2012

zander

just because it was predominantly full of canadians and americans!!!

thats their "spain" apparently...

jealous!

Doubtful there would have been too many of them kicking about in Cuba.

That's what I loved about the place compared with Dominican Republic the year previous.

Staff at hotel in Cuba weren't as in your face swanning over you to try and get a tip in Cuba. I put that down to the fact that most Americanos cannot get into Cuba although that may have changed in the last 3 years.

Albert Docks is a great part of the city.

Some great places to eat down there.

I'll next be down in September, then December - I'm staying in apartments close to Albert Docks.

Some great shops in the city centre though, alot of them are down small alley ways though - so if you don't know where you're looking, you miss a lot of good shops.

some great pubs in liverpool too.

i think its a great city.

Went to a few down the old tram warehouse type area names escape me and the one night ended up in Tresor place is just sheer class.

Sounds like Berghain, had a few crazy nights in there. Tresor is amazing as well... You meet all sorts, seen and spoken to some of the craziest people I've met while out and about in Berlin.

Bit of a shame train spotting gets a bad name, quite an interesting hobby. Different engine and coach combinations can be quite fulfilling, as well as timetable variances. Interesting also to see the different ways drivers take on shunting operations or short-stop scenarios. Busy or terminus train stations are of course the best for us spotters, with Aberdeen being a favourite of many lads from down South in the summer months. The Royal Carriages unfortunately don't make as many trips up North as they used to, with the Windsors preferring a flight and road transport nowadays. Quite enjoyable an misrepresented indeed - and of course you can have a wank under your cagoul when the schoolies are around.

That last few words totally threw me :hysterical:

In September going to the U.S. for a bit of a trek. Boston/New York/Chicago/Nashville and Philadelphia including a Bruce Springsteen concert at the Metlife Arena in New Jersey and Chicago Bears v St Louis Rams at Soldier Field. Fair to say i cannot fucking wait. As an added bonus, if the flights back are on time i'll be in Aberdeen in time for the Hibs game. Should be top of the league by then :thumbup1: .

my wee scarborough holiday was good, the main part was seeing the erosion at skipsea. such a shame for the people's homes that are gradually falling into the sea. some lovely wee villages dotted along the coast, but the seagulls need culled.

just booked our holiday to south korea next year.

In September going to the U.S. for a bit of a trek. Boston/New York/Chicago/Nashville and Philadelphia including a Bruce Springsteen concert at the Metlife Arena in New Jersey and Chicago Bears v St Louis Rams at Soldier Field. Fair to say i cannot fucking wait. As an added bonus, if the flights back are on time i'll be in Aberdeen in time for the Hibs game. Should be top of the league by then :thumbup1: .

Just be sure to stand for the national anthem... can get a bit tricky if you choose to remain seated ;)

Going to London in 2 weeks time, get there the day after the Olympics finish.

Off to Krakow at the beginning of October for a stag doo, hopefully take in one of the local teams games.

I saw a programme that had the Krakow derby on it, pretty mental.

• 4 weeks later...

Away to Sharm el-sheikh on Saturday for 2 weeks.

Was not my preferred destination of choice, but now the time is near, looking forward to it. by all accounts diving the coral reefs in the area is only bettered by Australia.

Quad biking into the Sinai Mountains to watch the sunrise, maybe come across some Egyptain Mujahideen to make it more interesting, If things get a bit out of hand, I will just name drop Tup to smooth things over.

I would like to see the Pyramids, but can not be arsed with sitting in a non air con bus for 6 hours in 40+ degrees for 6 hours, although internal flights are cheap. and unsafe.

Going to Singapore for new year, possibly Phuket or Bali for two days too and off to Bulgaria on monday, great year holiday wise.

Lucky you, not long back from Singapore and loved it. I think I could live there. The food is fucking amazing. As an alternative to Phuket or Bali, if you don't fancy more flights, may I suggest Bintan. An Indonesian island off Singapore, 45 mins by ferry:

smf0bd.jpg

View from my beach hut one morning

Lucky you, not long back from Singapore and loved it. I think I could live there. The food is fucking amazing. As an alternative to Phuket or Bali, if you don't fancy more flights, may I suggest Bintan. An Indonesian island off Singapore, 45 mins by ferry.

Going with my mate and his bird, they invited me, depends where they want to go and where her dad decides, I'll go with the flow.

Looking at possibly going to Mexico next year.

Anyone recommend best place to go and any other useful info please? :thumbup1:

Me inna. Riu Palace or fitever it's called. 2 weeks, all inc. That's the plan.

I hear Ciudad Juarez, Maceio, Acapulco, Torreon, Durango and Chihuahua are really nice.

Stunning :laughing: