Giving Up The Fags

daytripping

Got my Champix tablets a couple Months ago but just got round to taking my first one today, no side effects thus far, anyone else ever tried them?

My willpower is pathetic, will these help a good bit?

Been a heavy smoker for 25 years now, time to stop!!

tia for the encouraging posts that are likely to follow.

Got my Champix tablets a couple Months ago but just got round to taking my first one today, no side effects thus far, anyone else ever tried them?

I managed with willpower after my kids gave me a hard time.

Got to want to stop before you try.

Good luck with it as the first 2 weeks are a nightmare. Try to stay away from other smokers.

If your will power is weak , strengthen it by using it.

If you don't use it , you lose it.

They are happy to sell you shit that you think is working.....and all the time it was your own will power that you never thought you had.

Don't give Big Pharma any money.

They are cunts !

They keep putting wee pictures on the packets with descriptions of how bad it is for you...why not just BAN the fucking things then? They have absolutely NO value to humanity at all. If cigarrettes had been a brand new thing, it would have never have been allowed to sell and would probably end up fizzling out and nobody would even remember what it was even called.

They keep putting wee pictures on the packets with descriptions of how bad it is for you...why not just BAN the fucking things then? They have absolutely NO value to humanity at all. If cigarrettes had been a brand new thing, it would have never have been allowed to sell and would probably end up fizzling out and nobody would even remember what it was even called.

Dunno.

Would make it harder to skin up...

Tried them a few months ago, lasted a few weeks and had to stop them, side effects with me were a nightmare.

Now off smokes by using willpower alone.

What side effects did you get?

I think my cigs have a slight mettalic taste, after one day i'm probably just imagining it.

I can handle slight naseau and slight depression, I do draw the line at suicide!

What side effects did you get?

I think my cigs have a slight mettalic taste, after one day i'm probably just imagining it.

I can handle slight naseau and slight depression, I do draw the line at suicide!

Is the point of them not to make you feel nausea when you smoke?

If you can handle it, you're wasting your time.

Is the point of them not to make you feel nausea when you smoke?

If you can handle it, you're wasting your time.

No, they reduce the craving, the part of your brain that says time for a tab no longer gives out the signal, nothing to do with making you feel sick.

I think a tablet like that exists for alcohol.

I used Champix to help me quit. I haven't smoked since July last year.

Champix worked great for me without any side effects until I had to up the dosage then I began to get very strange dreams (which I refuse to go into on here). I continued to use it though as it really was helping. I also attended the smoking groups once a week which also helped support me through it. After about 3 months on the champix I started getting very paranoid as well and at this point I decided to stop taking the champix. I began using ordinary chewing gum. I'm still on the gum now but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than fags.

Cheers chaps, good to hear of those who had little side effects, the internet is littered with horror stories!

My daughter is one of the reasons I want to give up, don't want her ever to start smoking, waste of your health and money although I do enjoy a smoke.

Out of my trust deed at the end of this Month and will hopefully be a non smoker too, that's

• 3 months later...