Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

Wow... that actually made me feel childish, but I do operate a policy of responding to people on their level, even if that level is that of a 10 year old.

Is this the level you operate at in real life?

I'm actually embarrassed for you.

If you have an argument to make then by all means make it... otherwise, jesus, min... really?

I don't think you really are embarrassed for me. Thanks though.

If someone comes across as a tube in real life, I tend to operate at that level. Its usually not worth arguing over, and I tend to be the bigger person.

I have nothing to argue that hasn't already been said. Your agreeing with Redstar FFS (who is either on the wind-up or plainly mental 98% of the time) does that not tell you something?

Fact is, you asked a question you thought you knew the answer to, which would back up some irrational and close minded agenda you had. When you didnt get the answer (or even acknowledge the answers), you changed the goalposts. No-one (Redstar aside) agreed with you, Kelt, the king of the internetz, and you've made youself look a tad foolish.

Sure, you'll probably reply with some funny quip about how awesome and superawesome you are. Which is all well and good. If I may, I would suggest sticking to The Pub section to post. Over there you are generally entertaining. Over here, your posts related to Stewart Milne are tedious. That being said, at the end of the day, your opinion counts for as much as mine - fuck all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't think you really are embarrassed for me.

I knew beforehand that you'd think I was being passive-aggressive there.

I truly wasn't.

Thanks though.

Seriously, I wasn't kidding.

If someone comes across as a tube in real life, I tend to operate at that level. Its usually not worth arguing over, and I tend to be the bigger person.

Presumably you've no independent verification for that opinion. Rhetorical question.

I have nothing to argue that hasn't already been said. Your agreeing with Redstar FFS (who is either on the wind-up or plainly mental 98% of the time) does that not tell you something?

I'll repeat myself, I guess.

Redstar, in his own way, pointed out an ambiguity. Regardless of whether or not Redstar is the biggest twat on planet Earth... he raised a valid point. Milne's statement WAS an ambiguity. This isn't a question or an opinion. There's no quote (that I've seen) that cites his wish for division 3, ergo any claim that Milne definitely wants the Newco in Division 3 is incorrect. Milne hasn't said that... at best he implied it. Implication does not equate to hard fact. Therein is the ambiguity Redstar mentions, and anyone who understands what ambiguity means would have to agree/concede that point.

I have a hard time understanding that anyone would be incapable of grasping this... but still, there it is.

Fact is, you asked a question you thought you knew the answer to, which would back up some irrational and close minded agenda you had. When you didnt get the answer (or even acknowledge the answers), you changed the goalposts. No-one (Redstar aside) agreed with you, Kelt, the king of the internetz, and you've made youself look a tad foolish.

Here's the question I asked.

Does anyone have a quote, from Milne, that says he for sure wants Newco in Division 3.

I haven't seen one if there is.... now if I missed this quote then fine, there's no ambiguity.

You can end this simply by linking the quote... I'm perfectly happy to stand corrected.

Sure, you'll probably reply with some funny quip about how awesome and superawesome you are. Which is all well and good. If I may, I would suggest sticking to The Pub section to post. Over there you are generally entertaining. Over here, your posts related to Stewart Milne are tedious. That being said, at the end of the day, your opinion counts for as much as mine - fuck all.

Well, you don't actually get to tell me, or even suggest to me, where I "stick to posting" so there's little merit to any of that last paragraph.

If you find my posts regarding Milne to be tedious then there's a simple solution to your problem... I'll bet there's folk on here who are smart enough to figure it out.

I'll leave it to you to figure it out for yourself.... but it doesn't involve you telling me where to post.

Anyway, as I've said, I DID ask a question, as you rightly point out.... can you supply a definitive answer to that question, one that doesn't involve moronic ad hominem?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Surely if the SPL clubs were not behind Doncaster and Regans desperate attempts to shoe horn Newco into SFL 1 they could have easily come out and said they do not support the pish being peddled by these clowns. They have not however and I have yet to see anyone offer up a valid reason why the SPL clubs have not done so.

• Upvote 2

Surely if the SPL clubs were not behind Doncaster and Regans desperate attempts to shoe horn Newco into SFL 1 they could have easily come out and said they do not support the pish being peddled by these clowns. They have not however and I have yet to see anyone offer up a valid reason why the SPL clubs have not done so.

My point exactly. This proposal would need approval from SPL chairmen and if not been voted on then no reason why not spoke up.

• Upvote 1

I can't remember who said it, it was on some Radio Scotland podcast, but the point was raised that if it hadn't been for the fans' objections then the SPL clubs would have likely voted Newco into the SPL with barely a second thought.

Can't really disagree with that notion.

So, bearing that in mind, it becomes a lot easier to imagine why the SPL clubs aren't too upset by Doncaster's desperate attempts to get Newco into the top Division asap.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can't remember who said it, it was on some Radio Scotland podcast, but the point was raised that if it hadn't been for the fans' objections then the SPL clubs would have likely voted Newco into the SPL with barely a second thought.

Can't really disagree with that notion.

So, bearing that in mind, it becomes a lot easier to imagine why the SPL clubs aren't too upset by Doncaster's desperate attempts to get Newco into the top Division asap.

Allegedly Rod Petrie was strongly behind the idea.

Oh he of the "sporting integrity must come first" mantra

..........well I suppose a wee bit of integrity will do, eh Rod?

Totally agree with this point.

Presumably you've no independent verification for that opinion. Rhetorical question.

I'll repeat myself, I guess.

Redstar, in his own way, pointed out an ambiguity. Regardless of whether or not Redstar is the biggest twat on planet Earth... he raised a valid point. Milne's statement WAS an ambiguity. This isn't a question or an opinion. There's no quote (that I've seen) that cites his wish for division 3, ergo any claim that Milne definitely wants the Newco in Division 3 is incorrect. Milne hasn't said that... at best he implied it. Implication does not equate to hard fact. Therein is the ambiguity Redstar mentions, and anyone who understands what ambiguity means would have to agree/concede that point.

I have a hard time understanding that anyone would be incapable of grasping this... but still, there it is.

Here's the question I asked.

Does anyone have a quote, from Milne, that says he for sure wants Newco in Division 3.

I haven't seen one if there is.... now if I missed this quote then fine, there's no ambiguity.

You can end this simply by linking the quote... I'm perfectly happy to stand corrected.

Well, you don't actually get to tell me, or even suggest to me, where I "stick to posting" so there's little merit to any of that last paragraph.

If you find my posts regarding Milne to be tedious then there's a simple solution to your problem... I'll bet there's folk on here who are smart enough to figure it out.

I'll leave it to you to figure it out for yourself.... but it doesn't involve you telling me where to post.

Anyway, as I've said, I DID ask a question, as you rightly point out.... can you supply a definitive answer to that question, one that doesn't involve moronic ad hominem?

I do have verification, but its not Kelt approved :thumbup1:

V for Vendetta (I think it was he) posted a quote on a previous page. In my opinion, you didnt accept that answer to suit your agenda. Which is fair enough - if i cared that much about something I'd probably do the same.

I didnt say i got to tell you where to post - hence why I said my opinion counts for fuck all.

Your more than welcome to disagree, of course. Its a forum, and I welcome the debate. What I dont welcome is petty point scoring that is irrelevant to the debate, but each to their own.

I fear that people may now believe I take this forum too seriously, so i'm going to have to post some boobs up later on. In all honesty, I dont give a fuck about anyones opinions, only cold hard facts :thumbup1:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

They just did enough to appease the fans and get some season tickets sold.

How many were suckered in. sad.gif

I do have verification, but its not Kelt approved :thumbup1:

V for Vendetta (I think it was he) posted a quote on a previous page. In my opinion, you didnt accept that answer to suit your agenda. Which is fair enough -

V's quote was one I'd already read... and it was ambiguous. Nothing to do with agenda, but rather a basic grasp of the English language. The quote in question pertained to Milne saying that Newco should apply to the SFL like any other club. Milne's statement didn't cover which Division within the SFL Newco should be placed in.

The Alloa statement wasn't ambiguous, to wit...

Alloa can see no reason to vote in any way other than to put the new Rangers in the league that there own manager and fans have asked for, division three.

I'm not even asking for anything that difficult. A simple quote, from Mine, that specifies Division 3.

There either is or there isn't a quote to the effect that Milne insists on Division 3.

If there is then there's no ambiguity.

If there isn't then there is ambiguity.

Rocket science this is not.

V's quote was one I'd already read... and it was ambiguous. Nothing to do with agenda, but rather a basic grasp of the English language. The quote in question pertained to Milne saying that Newco should apply to the SFL like any other club. Milne's statement didn't cover which Division within the SFL Newco should be placed in.

The Alloa statement wasn't ambiguous, to wit...

Alloa can see no reason to vote in any way other than to put the new Rangers in the league that there own manager and fans have asked for, division three.

I'm not even asking for anything that difficult. A simple quote, from Mine, that specifies Division 3.

There either is or there isn't a quote to the effect that Milne insists on Division 3.

If there is then there's no ambiguity.

If there isn't then there is ambiguity.

Rocket science this is not.

I thought V posted something from the herald, with quotes attributed. I can't get to it on this stupid fuckin phone. If he didn't, then I can see your point. However, I would still say that Milne would want them in Div 3, despite any ambiguity in the quote. This is of course, my opinion.

May I ask why you chose to ignore the rest of my reply, in favour of posting more hilarious comments though?

Direct...straight from the horses mouth...Attributed...usually straight from the horses arse.

There looks to be have been a fair bit of presuming of what Milne meant...as there seems to be no proof he actually said anything other than the newco should apply to the SFL...zero mention of what Div that might be

It's not from the horses mouth unless you are told in person. What sort of monumental fanny are you? Milne could not have been more unequivocal. Do you expect him to jet over to the states to tell Kelt in person?

The statement made on RedWeb should satisfy everyone bar the most 'reaching for conspiracy' cocking dicks.

Fucking simpletons.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For the record, you are full of shit in this instance Kelt my man and should stop digging that hole.

You know it's a fucking bogey when you're getting backing from Redstar.

Well, just because you're in the majority of reading into Milne's statement exactly what you want to read into it, that in no way makes you correct.

What I've read mentions nothing whatsoever about division 3.

How that makes me full of shit, and you correct, I'm absolutely baffled to understand.

Please, feel absolutely free to detail how Milne's statement is unequivocal when it doesn't in any way mention Newco's starting position within the SFL?

I honestly feel like I'm taking crazy pills... everyone seems completely incapable of posting the quote that demonstrates Mine's desire to see Newco in the Third.

Someone.. for the love of all that's fucking holy.... just show me the quote.

:cry:

Actually, fuck it. I dinna care any more. You win.

All rise for Sir Kelt - the man who has never lost, ever! Enjoy your prize :)

I trust that this irrelevant debate will now conclude, and we can all get on with the task at hand- hating the huns

Were we in a debate?

I thought I was trying to explain the definition of ambiguity (for about the hundredth time today)

Oh well.

Victory.... :unsure:

Jesus Kelt. I read the statement on the RedWeb site when he made it. Do you want it signed in Darren Mackie's blood or something?

Newco to Div 3, quote directly attributed to Milne. I see no wriggle room. As far as I see it you just missed that bit, went off on one and now refuse to back down?

It's good to be wrong.

The Huns have won this battle.

McMoist says "We want Division 3". Actually trying to double-bluff, knowing Regan and Doncaster will do everything they can to get them in to Division 1.

Meanwhile the overwhelming majority of fans / clubs start saying; "It's got to be Division 3, no-way to Division 1. No way Doncaster! Regan must go!". All just a smoke-screen.

End result? Worst case scenario is for some form of Huns team playing league football next season.

Let's spell that out. A company has been formed that has never played a football match. They have no records or accounts to say that they are a fit business capable of fulfilling the commitments required to complete a league season - at any level. And people are clambering for them to get a position in the senior leagues of Scottish football? If a business outsider from say the US, or India, or the Moon - somewhere who doesn't know a great deal or give a fuck about football in Scotland was to look at this scenario - can you see how preposterous it would appear to them? A new business with no financial records and no business performance history or strategy being shoe-horned into an established association league set-up?

The Huns have managed to get people believing that their place is still in the senior leagues of Scottish football - it is not. They need to form a football club and apply to join a local league. After development and proven success (as a business, not on the field necessarily) they could in time get to a stage where they are invited to submit an application to join the senior Scottish leagues. That is the fucking position they should find themselves in later this afternoon. Not in Division 1, Division 3 or any concocted SPL2 shite.

Jesus Kelt. I read the statement on the RedWeb site when he made it. Do you want it signed in Darren Mackie's blood or something?

Newco to Div 3, quote directly attributed to Milne. I see no wriggle room. As far as I see it you just missed that bit, went off on one and now refuse to back down?

Refusing to back down?

I've said, several times now, that if I see the quote then I'll be happy as a pig in shit. That's hardly refusing to back down.

It's good to be wrong.

I'm not sure what I'd be 'wrong' about, though.... help me out here.

All I've said is that I have not seen a quote attributed to Milne that says "Division 3". There's nothing there to be right or wrong about.

I haven't said it doesn't exist, just that I have not seen it.

I've looked for the direct quote and came up blank. Again... nothing there to be right or wrong about. I'm merely stating that I, Kelt, haven't seen a quote that says Division 3, and could someone PLEASE link me the quote?

If I can just see the quote then great... I still won't be right or wrong.

I'd also like to point out that I don't claim to never be wrong... I happily admit to being wrong about shit all the time... the only person on this board who's never wrong is tup.

http://www.originalfm.com/posts/rangers-must-start-again-in-division-3-milne

It's hard to navigate the official site on the basis that it is shit and has no pagination system but that is what he said.

It's not just hard, it's impossible. This is what I get when I try to access the AFC site...

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #11.8d3c4317.1342141269.851e117

But that does appear to be a quote directly attributable to Milne, so that's that as far as I'm concerned....

If V posted that then I missed it, and if I'd been marginally more alert I could have saved everyone, most of all myself, a lot of back and forth.

I would just like to stress that I didn't say that that quote didn't exist.... just that I hadn't seen it.

Now I've seen it there's no issue.

Easy as that, and no name-calling necessary :thumbs: