Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/statement.html

The other matter that is entirely outside the gift of the SFL is the need for the SPL clubs to confirm that contrary to what Neil Doncaster stated on their behalf, the SPL will meet its obligations to the SFL under the Settlement Agreement.

This last bit for me is the most interesting, asking if the tabled firm proposal is for real and SPL clubs are in on this or is it empty proposal from Doncaster.

So out there now and question asked but suspect there won't be many chairmen coming out and answering this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18813407

Peterhead expressed surprise that a 16-team top-flight, which had been rejected as "unattractive and potentially undeliverable" in the SPL's own strategic plan in April 2011, was now being proposed "a mere 36 hours prior to Friday's meeting".

"Whilst we have always stated that we would welcome proposals for league reconstruction independent of the Rangers crisis, we are left with a sense of wonderment at many of the newly proposed changes to the league - changes that were deemed wholly unworkable prior to newco Rangers application to join the SFL after expulsion from the SPL," they said in a website statement.

"Although we are to come under severe pressure from bodies outwith the SFL to accept these fast-tracked changes to accommodate a newco team and to hail this proposal as a 'blueprint to safeguard the future of Scottish football', we must retain our stance and those of the majority of our fans to vote no.

"We still believe that to maintain fairness in our game and to restore faith in Scottish football, there is no alternative but to admit a newco team into Division Three.

"We understand the ramifications of this as laid out by the SFA and understand that there will be financial implications for all clubs should this be the outcome.

"However, although there may be tough times ahead for Scottish football, we believe we can weather the storm."

For the first time and the only time in my life I'll say - well done Peter.......................... sorry just can;t do it. :checkit:

You gan to the Peterhead v Broch game a week on Tuesday ?

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/statement.html

The Board of Clyde Football Club has received the papers in advance of tomorrows SFL meeting and will consider the Heads of Terms supplied. We continue to have the same fundamental concerns about this process, however the overriding concern is a point which we have made to the SFL.

We have received absolutely no information on the organisation Sevco Scotland Ltd whom we are being asked, and encouraged, to vote straight into the top division of the SFL under resolution 2 and possibly into SFL 3 under Resolution 1. We have no business plan, list of directors, details of ownership, statement of capital adequacy or any proposals relating to the provision of any similar information in the near future. David Longmuir has clearly stated that he will distribute all the information he has got or is able to distribute.

Whilst the notion that there is a leap of faith to be taken in terms of some of the matters, there can be no leap of faith with something as fundamental as knowing who is being admitted to the league. The very fact that there is no information of any kind being made available on this company undermines the authorities efforts to direct the new entrant to SFL 1. It is actually impossible for any member of the SFL to make an objective assessment of the proposals under Resolutions 1 and 2 and could be seen as irresponsible to support either proposal in such a void of information.

It is our hope that some credibility can be introduced to this process and we would ask that whoever holds information on Sevco Scotland Ltd provides a full and detailed pack to David Longmuir in order that even at the eleventh hour the SFL clubs are given reason to support any Resolutions that they might wish to vote on. We have to assume that the SFA and SPL hold such information otherwise they would not press so heavily for entry to SFL 1.

If a leap of faith is to be taken, then in the current circumstances it will be taken blindly and the only logical outcome of taking that kind of risk would be to enter them to SFL 3, where, should any subsequent issues arise they will be contained within the lowest league rather than disrupting the top flight of the SFL.

The other matter that is entirely outside the gift of the SFL is the need for the SPL clubs to confirm that contrary to what Neil Doncaster stated on their behalf, the SPL will meet its obligations to the SFL under the Settlement Agreement.

Canna believe Clyde are being serious here.

Abdy kens that they are The People. Fit mare div they need to ken?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18813407

Peterhead expressed surprise that a 16-team top-flight, which had been rejected as "unattractive and potentially undeliverable" in the SPL's own strategic plan in April 2011, was now being proposed "a mere 36 hours prior to Friday's meeting".

"Whilst we have always stated that we would welcome proposals for league reconstruction independent of the Rangers crisis, we are left with a sense of wonderment at many of the newly proposed changes to the league - changes that were deemed wholly unworkable prior to newco Rangers application to join the SFL after expulsion from the SPL," they said in a website statement.

"Although we are to come under severe pressure from bodies outwith the SFL to accept these fast-tracked changes to accommodate a newco team and to hail this proposal as a 'blueprint to safeguard the future of Scottish football', we must retain our stance and those of the majority of our fans to vote no.

"We still believe that to maintain fairness in our game and to restore faith in Scottish football, there is no alternative but to admit a newco team into Division Three.

"We understand the ramifications of this as laid out by the SFA and understand that there will be financial implications for all clubs should this be the outcome.

"However, although there may be tough times ahead for Scottish football, we believe we can weather the storm."

For the first time and the only time in my life I'll say - well done Peter.......................... sorry just can;t do it. :checkit:

I'm actually surprised that they have been so vocal in it. Well done to the decent toon in the NE of scotland though.

You gan to the Peterhead v Broch game a week on Tuesday ?

He winna. It's cause he is scared he gets battered.

I prefer Raith to Clyde.

Where do Raith rank?

Are you asking me or asking yourself?

If you're asking me I'd rank Raith slightly below Clyde. There isn't much in it but as a Cowdenbeath man I'd have to have Clyde above Raith simply from a footballing perspective as Cowdenbeath and Raith are in the same league. I couldn't favour Raith over Clyde because of this.

This is all wrong. My new second favourite team pish. I hate everyone bar Aberdeeen. The only thing that changes is the level of hatred. Raith are quite low on the hateometer just now but the tims are now in top place all on their own due to the demise of the mob that they used to be tied with.

Are you asking me or asking yourself?

If you're asking me I'd rank Raith slightly below Clyde. There isn't much in it but as a Cowdenbeath man I'd have to have Clyde above Raith simply from a footballing perspective as Cowdenbeath and Raith are in the same league. I couldn't favour Raith over Clyde because of this.

You

Fair point.

I am also a big Cowdenbeath fan - I think I was one of the the top posters on the forums in 2010.

This is all wrong. My new second favourite team pish. I hate everyone bar Aberdeeen. The only thing that changes is the level of hatred. Raith are quite low on the hateometer just now but the tims are now in top place all on their own due to the demise of the mob that they used to be tied with.

For once, I agree with you.

I hate every club bar Aberdeen.

I even hate Aberdeen sometimes.

And here's me thinking you were awa' to put in a bid to sponsor Livi Lion next season :(

3307555770_4c7a5ea1ff_z.jpg?zz=1

:laughing:

:fishing:

I haven't mentioned anyone being my new second favourite team Coops. That remains Buckie Thistle. :thumbs:

I haven't mentioned anyone being my new second favourite team Coops. That remains Buckie Thistle. :thumbs:

See if I was you my least hated team would be buckie thistle but I'm not you so my least hated team is Peterhead. I still hate them though. The cunts.

They were the people.

Whatever the fuck that meant.

Its more religious bile

Its from the Peep-o-Day Boys... connected to the Orange Order.

Its just fans of the club formally known as rangers, dumb hun fucks as well call them, didnt actually know what half their faithers faithers were signing and it slowly changed from Peep-o to peepil.

Lovely folk to have around, lovely.

• Upvote 1

Maybe you can but I canna. I can sometimes think it is being a massive dickhead but I wouldn't say I hate it in any way shape or form.

I kind of agree though I can hate some of the really stupid things they do I wouldn't say I hate the organisation as a whole - just wee bits of it.

In life as in football it is possible to hate things about a person or object which you love, and part of that love is putting up with the bits that are crap. The dons have been good at testing this principle.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1