Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

Short answer is NO. D&P do not have the authority to sell the assets in this manner. If the CVA proposal is rejected then this sale will not happen on those terms.

So when the CVA is rejected, despite what Green and D&P may think, the HMRC have those liquidators lined up...and are legally in a position to do that?

Or do they need to introduce the BTC in order for them to assume that position?

I read yesterday (think it was on the BBC website) that one of the changes that held up the release of the CVA document was that HMRC wanted to change the company that would carry out the liquidation from D&P to another.

I'd say thats a sure sign HMRC are 1) going to refuse the CVA and 2) do not trust D&P to carry our the liquidation.

I'd also guess that this means trhat any agreement D&P have with Green for the purchase of assets after liquidation is null and void already so it wouldnt matter what was in the CVA about the sale price of the assets to Green its not worth the paper its written on.

I read yesterday (think it was on the BBC website) that one of the changes that held up the release of the CVA document was that HMRC wanted to change the company that would carry out the liquidation from D&P to another.

I'd say thats a sure sign HMRC are 1) going to refuse the CVA and 2) do not trust D&P to carry our the liquidation.

I'd also guess that this means trhat any agreement D&P have with Green for the purchase of assets after liquidation is null and void already so it wouldnt matter what was in the CVA about the sale price of the assets to Green its not worth the paper its written on.

:thumbup1:

Next week the CVA will be decided. Next week will be the turning point and we'll see where it goes from there.

On Thursday, a spokesman for the administrators claimed that the increase in the club's tax liability was not the result of any failure to pay PAYE or VAT since they were appointed on February 14.

The administrators also said the figure had risen as a result of "new information coming to light" which differed from what the club's owners had given them.

Link http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/105233-rangers-administrators-claim-4m-tax-bill-increase-due-to-hmrc-penalties/

Can not wait :lolrangers: :lolrangers:

I still think these guys are going to get off and survive. They might have must punishments but they will not be harsh enough.

I have been preaching for many years that there are no deterrents to stop clubs from not living within their means. Hearts are the worst example. Clubs which do try struggle as they end up not doing as well.

We all hate Rangers and I think Scottish football could survive without them however the government and the banks do not want this club to go bust because of what it means to the Govern community. A football club is a charity and should be run that way. Not as a

I still think these guys are going to get off and survive. They might have must punishments but they will not be harsh enough.

I have been preaching for many years that there are no deterrents to stop clubs from not living within their means. Hearts are the worst example. Clubs which do try struggle as they end up not doing as well.

We all hate Rangers and I think Scottish football could survive without them however the government and the banks do not want this club to go bust because of what it means to the Govern community. A football club is a charity and should be run that way. Not as a "business" (I say this loosely).

I think that shower will be ok.

The banks and the goverment have no say in the outcome of this saga. This is a football thing which will be resolved very soon :sheepdance:

My link

Duff & Phelps published revised and approved proposals to creditors on Thursday.

Among the revised proposals was that HMRC would nominate Malcolm Cohen and James Bernard Stephen of BDO as joint liquidators, rather than Duff & Phelps, if the club was to be wound up.

In a letter from Green issued to all season ticket holders he said: "The events of the last season jeopardised the club and everyone connected with Rangers is bruised by the experience but we are ready for a new chapter in the club's illustrious history to be written in season 2012/13.

"There is still uncertainty surrounding the structure of the club as we await the outcome of the CVA meeting on 14 June.

"However, be assured that no matter the business structure going forward, Rangers is and always will be Rangers and with your support the club will go from strength to strength.

"Your loyalty, passion, pride, dedication and True Blue spirit has been nothing short of remarkable and sums up exactly what being a Ranger is all about.

"Rangers has been in existence for 140 years and it will be for another 140 years and beyond.

"With your continued support this club will be a force once again."

Deluded or what :dontknow:

Link http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/06/08/charles-green-insists-rangers-can-be-force-again-in-scottish-football-as-he-urges-fans-to-back-club-86908-23890919/

In a letter from Green issued to all season ticket holders he said: "The events of the last season jeopardised the club and everyone connected with Rangers is bruised by the experience but we are ready for a new chapter in the club's illustrious history to be written in season 2012/13.

"There is still uncertainty surrounding the structure of the club as we await the outcome of the CVA meeting on 14 June.

"However, be assured that no matter the business structure going forward, Rangers is and always will be Rangers and with your support the club will go from strength to strength.

"Your loyalty, passion, pride, dedication and True Blue spirit has been nothing short of remarkable and sums up exactly what being a Ranger is all about.

"Rangers has been in existence for 140 years and it will be for another 140 years and beyond.

Link http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/06/08/charles-green-insists-rangers-can-be-force-again-in-scottish-football-as-he-urges-fans-to-back-club-86908-23890919/

Followed no doubt by a plea to please send money - as a taxpayer I hope they do - it'll help pay the liquidator.

I.e. spout some semi inspirational shite to the fans and appease them by praising them without offering any substance whatsoever to a resolution for the whole thing.

I'd throw that shit in the bin if I was a ST holder at Ibrox but I'm sure they'll all lap it up. :lolrangers:

This is just my view and not based on anything I have read but I would not be surprise if the government did step in.

Steps in and does what? Gives them a loant?

Fifa don't like government interference in football matters anyway.

I can't imagine the Scottish government bailing out the huns during these tough economic times. . It would be political suicide.

Steps in and does what? Gives them a loant?

Fifa don't like government interference in football matters anyway.

I can't imagine the Scottish government bailing out the huns during these tough economic times. . It would be political suicide.

Really?

The Spainish Government tried to step in back in March this year regarding their clubs.

http://vidamasterblogger.blogspot.ca/2012/03/german-taxpayer-would-be-obliged-to.html

As I said, its just my opinion and I would not be surprised if it happened.