Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

I see the SFL vote is going ahead on Tuesday rather than Thursday now.

Sensible.

Shambolic that Dundee, Dunfermline, Airdrie, Stranraer and NewcoRangers don't know what division they are playing in only 23 days before the first competitive fixture, and only 14 days before the first competitve fixture of the Scottish Football season (St Johnstone in europa action).

Sensible.

Shambolic that Dundee, Dunfermline, Airdrie, Stranraer and NewcoRangers don't know what division they are playing in only 23 days before the first competitive fixture, and only 14 days before the first competitve fixture of the Scottish Football season (St Johnstone in europa action).

as soon as the huns were liquidated, they should have been told they are applying to SFL 3. Applications should have been welcomed from all sides. the decision should then have been made based on which team has enough signed players, has a ground which they currently own to play in and a team that has a SFA membership.

If the huns did not make that criteria then tough shit.

Instead we have this shitty mess that is scottish football.

23 days to go, the huns have no team, no membership and I'm not sure what the score is with Ibrox any more. Still we see squabbling over who should have the bastards.

as soon as the huns were liquidated, they should have been told they are applying to SFL 3. Applications should have been welcomed from all sides. the decision should then have been made based on which team has enough signed players, has a ground which they currently own to play in and a team that has a SFA membership.

If the huns did not make that criteria then tough shit.

Instead we have this shitty mess that is scottish football.

23 days to go, the huns have no team, no membership and I'm not sure what the score is with Ibrox any more. Still we see squabbling over who should have the bastards.

Spot on VDA.

Yep, McLaughlin changed his mind :laughing:

Confirmed on SFL website:

Scottish Football League clubs are, over the next few days, being asked to make a crucial decision as to whether we are in a position to accommodate Rangers into the SFL. I can confirm that, at this point, no decision has been taken by the Board of the SFL or by any of our clubs.

The time has come for all outside influences and pressures to stop. This is our national game and part of our culture so I ask all other bodies to leave it to those who have been put in this invidious position to make a decision in the best possible interests of our game.

I have every faith in the judgement of those clubs and their Boards to make a considered and reasoned decision which will be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed.

A specially convened meeting of all clubs is planned for Friday, 13th July, 2012.

David A. Longmuir

Chief Executive, SFL

5th July, 2012.

So do I as they have a much better following than the Pars

oooh! BLACK Friday :sheepdance:

Administration - Valentines Day

Rejection from the SPL - Independence Day

Removal from Scottish football entirely? - Black Friday

How poetic would that be?

• Upvote 3

So do I as they have a much better following than the Pars

oooh! BLACK Friday :sheepdance:

It doesn't really bother me who comes up but I would say that Dunfermline should be back in the spl as this all happened in the season and close season that they were part of the spl, therefore relegation should be void.

AFC come out and state that footballing budget is unaffected by newco fiasco. Stewart Milne = Legend!

We weren't paying for new players before the orcs were kicked oot and it isn't going to start now.

All joking aside - AFC have dealt with budgetary questions brilliantly for once - have we hired someone with PR experience - or just stopped taking Willie's advice?

It doesn't really bother me who comes up but I would say that Dunfermline should be back in the spl as this all happened in the season and close season that they were part of the spl, therefore relegation should be void.

Absolutely. It also doesn't sit well with me that Dundee would benefit from Rangers termination considering they've been in administration twice in the last 10 years and got away with paying their creditors 2p in the pound last year. And this wasn't HMRC (although they were owed some), the majority was to small local businesses (newsagents, bakers, tradesmen etc).

It's bad enough that Motherwell were the team that benefited most last season.

Fkn sell out scum been bullied by Doncaster & co because Doncaster & co have agreed to certain contracts that should never have been allowed.

These contracts are the main problems & are the main reason that the huns may escape the full & RIGHTFUL punishment they deserve & the punishment that any normal club would be given except the OF

Fkn sell out scum been bullied by Doncaster & co because Doncaster & co have agreed to certain contracts that should never have been allowed.

These contracts are the main problems & are the main reason that the huns may escape the full & RIGHTFUL punishment they deserve & the punishment that any normal club would be given except the OF

Check thepictures of their "officials" Look like a buch of Photoshoped heads using the same blazer, and virtually every one of them looks like they should be in a retirement home, bunch of money grabbing dinosaurs :soapbox:

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/club/officials/

No

Raith Rovers

Dunfermline

Partick Thistle

Morton

Cowdenbeath

Hamilton

Livingston

Falkirk

Clyde

Stranraer

Annan

Alloa

Stirling

Yes

Stenny

Abstaining

Dundee

Airdrie

I still think the huns have had it to be honest :lolrangers:

Fit's worrying me is that most of these teams said they were in the No camp before they had that meeting the other day and were sent away full of threats facts to think again. Just hope they all still hold their nerve and not bottle it like Stenhousemuir :crossfingers:

No

Raith Rovers

Dunfermline

Partick Thistle

Morton

Cowdenbeath

Hamilton

Livingston

Falkirk

Clyde

Stranraer

Annan

Alloa

Stirling

Yes

Stenny

Abstaining

Dundee

Airdrie

I still think the huns have had it to be honest :lolrangers:

It is important to include SPL clubs because this cannot happen without their compliance.

No

Aberdeen

Hearts

That's not acceptable. Fans of other clubs need to demand answers.