Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

The new company had no right to get any of the old companies prise money anyway.

I'm getting totally sick of the spin the papers are putting on this all the time, acting like Green has bought Rangers FC and is entitled to all that Rangers FC had. He spent 5.5m on a badge, a stadium and a training ground. He didn't buy the old company, if he did then he would be liable to pay the tax bill the old company had.

Another piece of bullshit from a paper trying to sell Scotland the idea that its still Rangers FC, its not.

Wow SPL in common sense shocker.

I don't remember this being mentioned before though?

The SPL board revealed they would hold on to Rangers

The mess that football in this country is in would be less frustrating if I had any confidence in the people trying to sort it out but they are complete imbeciles.

This whole league reconstruction thing is a red herring. Just say the SFL clubs say no to division 1. What are Doncaster and Regan going to do about reconstruction then? Are they going to say oh well then, you're not getting your 16 team league, pyramid structure and playoffs anymore. Are they fuck. We'll still get all that because the game in this country is going through a slow death and has been since the inception of the SPL. They wont get the option to leave the status quo because we're to far down the road with this mess now that even a blind man can see that change is needed.

These idiots and their press arse lickers make my blood boil. :banghead:

I think some people are being very disingenuous or deliberately blinkered when it comes to Milne's/Afc's statement of the newco admission to the league.

I've seen the statement misquoted at least half a dozen times as that the club should apply to join the SFL "like any other club". Now this is either a misreading of the statement by those posters or a deliberate attempt to strengthen their argument.

If this had been the statement I would have shared their concerns as every year the relegated SPL club have to apply to the SFL for admission and they are admitted straight into division 1.

The statement from AFC was very clear, however, the application should be "like any other new club." By choosing to insert the word "new" into the statement the club have deliberately distinguished the application from the "relegated club" situation and have indicated that it is their view that Servco should be treated the same as every other club who applies to join the SFL for the first time. i.e. Division 3.

There is perhaps a reluctance by some Aberdeen fans to acknowledge any positives that emanate from our board room and our Chairman.

I think that the ire would be better directed at Doncaster and Regan/SFA as these are the people attempting to drive this through

• Upvote 7

dont know what to be thinking ahead of tomorrow. at the spl vote i was 100% sure of the outcome. Tomorrow however think it could be 1st, 3rd, no division or no decision. just dont know whats going to happen.

Tord, I can tell you that if the SPL/SFA can get Rangers into SPL1 they will .... No question. All about the Glasgow not the football.

I think some people are being very disingenuous or deliberately blinkered when it comes to Milne's/Afc's statement of the newco admission to the league.

I've seen the statement misquoted at least half a dozen times as that the club should apply to join the SFL "like any other club". Now this is either a misreading of the statement by those posters or a deliberate attempt to strengthen their argument.

If this had been the statement I would have shared their concerns as every year the relegated SPL club have to apply to the SFL for admission and they are admitted straight into division 1.

The statement from AFC was very clear, however, the application should be "like any other new club." By choosing to insert the word "new" into the statement the club have deliberately distinguished the application from the "relegated club" situation and have indicated that it is their view that Servco should be treated the same as every other club who applies to join the SFL for the first time. i.e. Division 3.

There is perhaps a reluctance by some Aberdeen fans to acknowledge any positives that emanate from our board room and our Chairman.

I think that the ire would be better directed at Doncaster and Regan/SFA as these are the people attempting to drive this through

Good post. It was disheartening to read some of the posts questioning the board's stance on this, though understandable given their history. I believe Aberdeen's stance is Div 3. My boys have missed out on getting the new tops...so far. Was prepared to buy us one each after SPL vote but still this shite is up in the air. If they end up in Div 1 that's it for me. I can only contribute through merchandise purchase (which I do) but if I still lived in Scotland I would pull the pin. The game is bigger than any club...and the scottish game fn stinks to high heaven atm. Such a shame. Hopefully tomorrow Friday the 13th can be viewed as a day that isn't 'cursed'. :crossfingers:

Great blog by Henry Clarson

As with the Santa myth, so with the Rangers myths. One of the recurring myths is that Rangers are a financial powerhouse, an economic engine which supplies Scottish football with huge revenues upon which almost every club is almost totally reliant. According to myth, even Celtic need Rangers.

Celtic have long since grown up and don

The Hun media are getting desperate now.

Celebrity endorsements :lolrangers: :lolrangers:

Wonderful :rolleyes: some celeb guy in London who has probably never set foot on Scottish Soil, let alone been to Starks Park, Todders, McDiarmid Park or the likes, has only read what he has seen in the MSM about RFCRIP and Celtic, has only ever seen the Old Firm on the telly and has not a scooby about how the vast majority of real fans in Scotland now view this.

Yeah, a qualified endorsement indeed!!! :blahblah1:

As for the 'Scottish' Sun... :deadhorse:

:hunbash:

Just got an email fae Arbroath directing me to statement on website.

Arbroath No - Get yersels doon to the match on Setterday. :thumbup1:

Club Statement

The Board of Arbroath Football Club met on Wednesday evening to further discuss the present crisis in Scottish football and the impending Special General Meeting of the Scottish Football League Clubs on Friday the 13th of July.

After considerable and careful deliberation, that had also taken place over many previous meetings, the Club reached the decision that it cannot support a proposal for Rangers Newco to be directly admitted to Division 1 of the Scottish Football League and that sporting integrity must be upheld.

We are however in support of entry to the Scottish Football League in Division 3 for next season.

The Club is extremely grateful to the large number of stakeholders and supporters who took time to contact the Club and express their views, which we felt very important in assisting us to make an extremely difficult judgement.

In reaching our decision, Arbroath Football Club is fully aware of the possible financial implications and therefore wishes to take this opportunity to stress the importance of supporting the Club at this time and in the future.

Finally, Arbroath Football Club wishes to acknowledge the considerable efforts being made by David Longmuir and the Scottish Football League Management Committee in representation of the 30 Clubs during these difficult times.

AFC

Looks like newco wont be starting in Div 1.The SFL chairmen can choose to let newco into div 3.If they do,they should make it clear that newco,because they dont have accounts,track record etc,are on probation.And that ANY breach of rules will result in immediate expulsion.

I think one thing this proves more than anything is just how much hatred there is for the Old Firm outside of their bubble, and how much disdain is held for the lofty pedestal upon which they hoisted themselves.

With this strength of feeling, it's fair to say the other clubs should have joined forces long before now to knock these bastards off their perch.

Not before time.

I believe once Rangers are gone, Celtic and their sympathisers like Murdo 'they'll win the league by 40 clear points' Macleod should be targeted next with the full force of sanctions, imposed by the others, against their will, giving them a hefty taste of the medicine they've rammed down all our throats over the last 27 miserable fucking years.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2