Where Are They Now

6 minutes ago, Edinburgh_sheep said:

Can’t believe anyone would even consider JET. One of the worst ‘professional’ footballers I’ve ever seen, it was embarrassing. I’m sure he said he would score 20 goals that season 😅

Be amazed if "Big Dunc" Ferguson would fancy work ethic of JET version we had 

4 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

35/36 seconds in.......

Every advert until the 90s seem to feature the most dark, miserable, squalid of housing... is that how it was, or is this just a reflection of how the snooty cunts who made adverts back then assumed working class houses were?

"No, no, no, Tarquin... it needs to be far more ghastly, or the common folk won't understand we're trying to stop them from gassing themselves like the uneducated simpletons they are."

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Every advert until the 90s seem to feature the most dark, miserable, squalid of housing... is that how it was, or is this just a reflection of how the snooty cunts who made adverts back then assumed working class houses were?

"No, no, no, Tarquin... it needs to be far more ghastly, or the common folk won't understand we're trying to stop them from gassing themselves like the uneducated simpletons they are."

Good point. The warning adverts such as the one flying your kite or frisbee were acted by common people.

Some were acted by animated cats (Charlie Says...) and jungle animals (Um Bongo) as well as bona fide chimps (PG Tips).

All very memorable.

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He's scored 5 goals for Oxford United this season.  

Scored just the once for AFC?🤔

I quite liked Greiig Leigh, could tackle and few  wingers beat him for pace down the wing.Do not remember his Aberdeen goal.Will watch out for Oxford United game Sunday morning when I catch up with English leagues.

17 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Good point. The warning adverts such as the one flying your kite or frisbee were acted by common people.

Some were acted by animated cats (Charlie Says...) and jungle animals (Um Bongo) as well as bona fide chimps (PG Tips).

All very memorable.

Did you know the main fruits found in Um Bongo are Apple, Lemon, Orange, Pineapple, Passion Fruit, and Mandarin, none of which are native to the Congo

• Thanks 1