Where Are They Now

19 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Out of contract in the summer so I doubt any team will pay a fee in January that’s more than what Forest paid Aberdeen to sign him

He's an international defender playing in the EPL, they pay silly money even with 6 months left down there, 6 million is buttons.

Aye I think Celtic will be his next career move. As the article says, he's no longer a starter at Forest and even seems to be behind Worrall for a place on the bench when all their CH options are fit.

Scales has done well to hold on to a starting place at Celtic but McKenna on a free next summer would usurp him as left sided CH immediately (assuming Scales was still in the side)........Celtic would then surely try to cash in on Scales with a year left on his contract. The fee they get for him would probably be close to paying for McKenna's contract so they'd win all round

10 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Would we not get whatever % on profit if any is made by Forest?

You never know with the silly money that’s thrown around down there

As Dazzy said, if he signs a pre-contract, we'd get precisely £0.

But even if Forest do sell him in January, with less than 6 months to run on his contract its a dead cert nobody is going to pay anywhere close to the £3m we sold him for. They'd be doing well to even get £750k for him by that point. So we still get fuck all.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

He's proven he can cut it in the bottom half of the premiership down there, so I'm sure there will be plenty interest in him. Hopefully enough that results in a January bid for him

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Not if he signs a pre contract agreement and f*cks off on a free. 20% of zero equals what?

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

As Dazzy said, if he signs a pre-contract, we'd get precisely £0.

But even if Forest do sell him in January, with less than 6 months to run on his contract its a dead cert nobody is going to pay anywhere close to the £3m we sold him for. They'd be doing well to even get £750k for him by that point. So we still get fuck all.

Was clearly talking about a transfer bid, not a pre-contract.

Like I say, it’s England. Could easily see a £3m + bid going in for him, that’s nothing down there for a player who’s proven at that level when you’re chasing £150m a year from Sky’s tv deal.

If it’s over the value including all his add on’s (£6m someone said) before we stand to make any money then I think we’ll be struggling.

£6m all in was a good deal for the club though