Where Are They Now

8 hours ago, graham said:

I was pleased for Joe Shaughnessy and Tony Docherty today.I can remember Joe Shaughnessy got sent off one night against Motherwell League Cup tie and Aberdeen came through to win in extra time.Might even have been the season we won the League Cup.Joe Shaughnessy Aberdeen career was never quite the same after that.Apocryphal tale that Joe had to buy the fish suppers on the bus home from Motherwell.Thereafter Joe Shaughnessy was in about the Aberdeen squad but seldom played.Eventually left,played at Southend ,St Johnstone captain,now skipper at Dundee,scoring a double near the end today at Livingston.No surprise,Joe was a regular Aberdeen u18 scorer at Balgownie in Friday afternoon games at corners and set pieces.Pleased to see Joe Shaughnessy doing well.

Joe Shaughnessy 

11 hours ago, graham said:

I was pleased for Joe Shaughnessy and Tony Docherty today.I can remember Joe Shaughnessy got sent off one night against Motherwell League Cup tie and Aberdeen came through to win in extra time.Might even have been the season we won the League Cup.Joe Shaughnessy Aberdeen career was never quite the same after that.Apocryphal tale that Joe had to buy the fish suppers on the bus home from Motherwell.Thereafter Joe Shaughnessy was in about the Aberdeen squad but seldom played.Eventually left,played at Southend ,St Johnstone captain,now skipper at Dundee,scoring a double near the end today at Livingston.No surprise,Joe was a regular Aberdeen u18 scorer at Balgownie in Friday afternoon games at corners and set pieces.Pleased to see Joe Shaughnessy doing well.

No extra time needed that night Graham. Hayes scored late on to seal a magnificent 2-0 victory. 
Almost a decade ago today. Anniversary is tomorrow. 
In my top 10 favourite games. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

No extra time needed that night Graham. Hayes scored late on to seal a magnificent 2-0 victory. 

Thank you elephantstone,no extra time required indeed,it was the playing with ten men for seventy five minutes and Jonny Hayes last minute goal that made that a memorable night.Andrew Considine came on to help shore up the defence and scored the opener with five minutes to go.I can well imagine that would have been a great game to have been there.Was exciting just listening to Radio Scotland that night !

32 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Could genuinely be serious offers made for him in January 

Maybe Barron will be his cheap replacement if he’s sold in January 🤔

Very rarely do players in Italy go for mental money. Especially from the lesser sides. But even 15m would net us 2.4m. Can’t see him going for more than 20m which would be 3.4m. Hopefully a few EPL sides are Interested and splash stupid money. 

On 10/29/2023 at 11:23 AM, elephantstone78 said:

That was fucking awesome. 

I'm still celebrating it.

Missed the first 20mins due to traffic... Did we get a man sent off 😜

2 hours ago, slippers said:

Very rarely do players in Italy go for mental money. Especially from the lesser sides. But even 15m would net us 2.4m. Can’t see him going for more than 20m which would be 3.4m. Hopefully a few EPL sides are Interested and splash stupid money. 

Hickey went for £16 mill I think and he was a full back, can see a midfielder fetching a far bigger sum of money

Still be a decent wedge of cash, for us to no doubt spunk on a new deal for Geriatric Jonny