Where Are They Now

Andrius Velicka

Seemingly Director of Football Traffic at Kauno Zalgiris.

Honestly think that Foster/Velicka deal is the worst deal we've done in our history, left our team with hardly any full backs and loads of average strikers. Even worse than the Dodds/Winters deal, at least Winters actually had a good season and scored goals.

A quick check on wiki, our strikers that season give me the boak! Nae wonder we were down the bottom that year.

Velicka

Maggenis

Paton

Megginson

Mackie

Blackman

Maguire

Vernon (Best of a bad bunch)

Honestly think that Foster/Velicka deal is the worst deal we've done in our history, left our team with hardly any full backs and loads of average strikers. Even worse than the Dodds/Winters deal, at least Winters actually had a good season and scored goals.

A quick check on wiki, our strikers that season give me the boak! Nae wonder we were down the bottom that year.

Velicka

Maggenis

Paton

Megginson

Mackie

Blackman

Maguire

Vernon (Best of a bad bunch)

Watching Velicka try and "sprint" on to a through ball in his first (I think) game was amazingly bad. I could hear his hamstrings twanging from up in the RDS upper. How the hell did he pass a medical?

The mind boggles.

Good luck to him though.

Yeah, I'm very surprised, he must have improved a lot.

When he played in our first team he always looked completely devoid of any confidence and a nervous wreck and it always felt like you were just waiting for the mistakes to come from him. Quite a few managers seemed to give him a chance so it seemed like he must have shown more ability on the training pitch than he did in games.

Although to be fair to him I would say the only game that I ever watched him actually play well in for us was the only game that I ever remember seeing him play at centre back for us so maybe he was just played out of position at left back because they didn't think he looked strong enough to play at centre back. He certainly wasn't a good left back.

Sunderland said to be joining Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton in the queue of clubs chasing Clark Robertson to sign for them

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/exclusive-jack-ross-targets-in-demand-defender-as-sunderland-rebuild-gets-underway-1-9198300

Absolutely fucking nuts.

The mind boggles.

Good luck to him though.

Similar situation to Jamie McAllister. I had a season ticket when he played with us.... just remember sitting in despair as he'd slice the ball out of play time after time. Can barely remember him finding a red shirt over the 2 or 3 seasons he played with us. During a really dark period for the club, he was among the worst...

Fast forward a few years later and he's carved out a good career playing in the English Championship, even managing to get capped by Scotland.