Where Are They Now

Buts that’s the problem bud, not everybody’s life is the same !, what happens when you don’t have parents?, and nowhere is “local” cause you’ve moved 20 places before your ten?,not everything is black and white, and because of that il chose to support whoever a feel like supporting, because funnily enough it gives you a sense of home, even family when your in Pittodrie celebrating with your fellow fan!.

You sound like a hun to me if that helps?

I'll be honest, I think you should support your local team or at least follow the same team as your parents. Football loses something when folk just go about choosing who they support. It shouldn't be optional. I haven't given either of my kids a choice and I trust that they won't give any to their kids.

What if youre not born in aberdeen but grew up there supporting the dons but youre not 100% aberdonian?
Guest the shepherd

Buts that’s the problem bud, not everybody’s life is the same !, what happens when you don’t have parents?, and nowhere is “local” cause you’ve moved 20 places before your ten?,not everything is black and white, and because of that il chose to support whoever a feel like supporting, because funnily enough it gives you a sense of home, even family when your in Pittodrie celebrating with your fellow fan!.

Everyone has parents min whether they are biological, adoptive, foster, or surrogate parents.

Everyone has parents min whether they are biological, adoptive, foster, or surrogate parents.

That’s true bud, although your not going to feel as if you had any if they were both gone before 1 year old and you spent all your life in an institution,with no direct family alive either for when you leave, there’s no feeling of parents,family etc, you get looked after by people getting paid to do a job. Everyone was conceived!, not everyone had parents!

Guest the shepherd

That’s true bud, although your not going to feel as if you had any if they were both gone before 1 year old and you spent all your life in an institution,with no direct family alive either for when you leave, there’s no feeling of parents,family etc, you get looked after by people getting paid to do a job. Everyone was conceived!, not everyone had parents!

Speaking about Victorian times min in terms of people getting paid to do a job taking kids into their care, I would recommend you read up on Jessie King, the Baby Farmer. She had a unique way of parenting.

Once again, you form ill-informed conclusions about me and thus lose and lose badly. Let me set YOU straight:

1. Another member has been persistently insulting and goading me, based purely on my location. The reasons for this I do not know. I ignored it up to a point, until my family were insulted.

2. I have imparted my thoughts and experiences on the political threads, that is true. My views are formed partly by my life experiences, for which I'm no different than others who comment.

3. My only comments on sectarianism are to condemn it utterly. I have mixed marriages in my family and treat them no differently. My children also go to integrated schools and mix well with all backgrounds.

4. I am indeed an AFC fan and have been going to matches since before half this forum were even born. I've been a member here since 2008 and while I'm no better than any other fan, I am equally entitled to an opinion, just as you are entitled to disagree.

5. I am from Aberdeen city, born and bred. I have lived out with it for many years on/off (7 years in Manchester, 4 years in Ireland) but am proud of my roots, despite vehemently opposing its Tory leanings. The latter are a bone of contention, seeing the damage that party has done to Scotland over the last 40 years.

I suggest you, like Caveman, back off.

Methink the lady doth protest too much.

Funny how when asked a football question, you swerved it utterly and rattled on with your 'no agenda agenda'.

Your age also seems to change...key to being a good liar is remembering what you've said (so I'm told).

Methink the lady doth protest too much.

Funny how when asked a football question, you swerved it utterly and rattled on with your 'no agenda agenda'.

Your age also seems to change...key to being a good liar is remembering what you've said (so I'm told).

I'm sorry, what football question did I dodge? If you would do me the courtesy of repeating it, I'll happily address it for you.

My age is not referenced in the above post, so I fail to see where I've lied. I'm in my 30's and have been going to matches when I can since 1987. Bizarre that you think I've lied.

You accuse me of "homophobia" but cannot distinguish between tolerance and approval. I care not what consenting adults do behind closed doors, but when professional homosexuals like Elton John manufacture grievance (selectively, of course - he limits his crusading to the easy target of the liberal West, rather than Uganda, Saudi or other dangerous-to-gays territories) I call him on it. Likewise Peter Tatchell and his condoning of pederasty.

As for your "misogyny" slur, that is just ignorance and completely without basis. The fact I have a wife and young daughter whom I dote on notwithstanding, there are no women issues, so if I were you, I'd dispense with the generalisations, as you're just painting yourself in a bad light. I don't know why I'm even giving you the attention you so obviously crave, but hey...

Back on topic, some good points on non-NE native followers of the club. While I stand by my thoughts that our central belt away support has been pivotal, concerns about identity are well-founded to a point. After all, the modern game has seen some (especially the bigger) clubs become almost like rootless cosmopolitans, with merchandise on display on streets everywhere. I'd like to think we've got a good balance there and are neither a globalist whore nor a parochial teuchter outfit.

• Upvote 1

As for your "misogyny" slur, that is just ignorance and completely without basis. The fact I have a wife and young daughter whom I dote on notwithstanding, there are no women issues, so if I were you, I'd dispense with the generalisations, as you're just painting yourself in a bad light. I don't know why I'm even giving you the attention you so obviously crave, but hey...

How could he hate women, his mother is one.