Where Are They Now

2 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Haaland hat trick as he rips McKenna and defence to bits..5-0 so far.

That's harsh on McKenna 

He wasn't picking him up for the first 

He was blocking the shot for the second

Bit like the criticism of him on here at the weekend, cook was picking up Kane not McKenna who just covered 

The experience of Kane and then haaland can only be good for his development, which will hopefully still benefit us 

Still unlikely to get back in the Scotland 11 tho 

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Richardson's a sports psychologist, and could definitely do a job at Aberdeen insofar as sports psychology is concerned. 

Liverpool seem to rate him. 

I bet he'd be a better manager than a few of our previous appointments, though. 

spacer.png

I don't think Rico would want to be a manager again, nice little niche he has carved out for himself.

11 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Richardson's a sports psychologist, and could definitely do a job at Aberdeen insofar as sports psychology is concerned. 

Liverpool seem to rate him. 

I bet he'd be a better manager than a few of our previous appointments, though. 

spacer.png

Horrific times with all of them

21 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Horrific times with all of them

Unfair to lump Craig Brown in with some of them I think. He did a decent job steadying a sinking ship, and prepared the way for McInnes with some of the players he signed.

Skovdahl is a also slightly different to the rest - at least we had fun with him, and some entertaining players in his team whilst being absolutely rotten at times.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Unfair to lump Craig Brown in with some of them I think. He did a decent job steadying a sinking ship, and prepared the way for McInnes with some of the players he signed.

Skovdahl is a also slightly different to the rest - at least we had fun with him, and some entertaining players in his team whilst being absolutely rotten at times.

Exactly what I was going to say.

If Ebbe had the budget that Miller (W) had I'm certain he would have had us winning trophies.

• Haha 2

I liked Skovdahl and could see what he was trying to do; in some ways Glass was the same for me in that I could see what he was trying to do - unfortunately I don’t think Glass had the managerial experience to do it.

The rest were disasters and I include Brown in that who was useless. However, I guess you don’t know the budgets they were given. Patterson felt like he had no budget and Alex Miller started better than I expected (not hard and still not great) but shipped out a lot of expensive players and replace them with dross.

Never been a fan of the revisionist "Craigie Broon steadied the ship" rubbish; it's just context coming of the back of the McGhee shit show.  What we got from Brown in terms of the bread and butter of league and cup performances was less dramatic perhaps, but on its own merits; every bit as dire.

All he did was keep the ship floating. It's one thing making your team hard to beat, another when your team fails to score in more than a third of their matches as happened in one of those seasons. Ninth, ninth and eighth, no discernible cup runs (one semi v Celtic was it?), very few high points and his tenure was dull from the first to the last.  A different shade of shite from the others I'll grant you, but it still looked and smelt like shite. Brown's tenure at Aberdeen bored me to tears.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Never been a fan of the revisionist "Craigie Broon steadied the ship" rubbish; it's just context coming of the back of the McGhee shit show.  What we got from Brown in terms of the bread and butter of league and cup performances was less dramatic perhaps, but on its own merits; every bit as dire.

All he did was keep the ship floating. It's one thing making your team hard to beat, another when your team fails to score in more than a third of their matches as happened in one of those seasons. Ninth, ninth and eighth, no discernible cup runs (one semi v Celtic was it?), very few high points and his tenure was dull from the first to the last.  A different shade of shite from the others I'll grant you, but it still looked and smelt like shite. Brown's tenure at Aberdeen bored me to tears.

Aye but he brought a change of attitude as well.  Media were all over us almost goading us to go down under McGhee.  You could see the players starting to believe it.  I remember Browns first interview - he was absolutely clear a Club like Aberdeen shouldn’t be bottom six.  Whether he immediately achieved it is immaterial - if it was that simple every club would do it.

30 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Aye but he brought a change of attitude as well.  Media were all over us almost goading us to go down under McGhee.  You could see the players starting to believe it.  I remember Browns first interview - he was absolutely clear a Club like Aberdeen shouldn’t be bottom six.  Whether he immediately achieved it is immaterial - if it was that simple every club would do it.

I understand the point you are making regarding the change of attitude.

However in a sporting and results-based context, I do not think I could disagree with the bit in bold any more if I tried; but I think I'll just leave it there, because I'm comfortable I've made my point and I do not feel compelled to change anyone's minds, I am not for example zeroisgod76; I have the self-awareness to agree to disagree.

• Upvote 1

Aye they've brought in another CH this morning....Willy Boly from Wolves. He's right footed though so probably not going to be challenging for McKenna's place.

Interesting to see now that he's playing in the EPL if Clarke will suddenly decide he should now be a first choice pick for Scotland

25 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Still better overall player than Rooney IMO.

Come away 

Rooney could play left wing. Vernon could play CM. 

Cosgrove over 90minutes was absolutely murder but he popped up and scored some great goals. He’ll never replicate that standard/ form again. 

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Still better overall player than Rooney IMO.

Both were terrible football players who offered nothing other than putting the ball in the net.

Cosgrove will probably finish his career having scored more goals in that 18 months here (half of which were pens) than he will do in the rest of his career combined.

Rooney at least kept up the goalscoring for a number of seasons and at a couple different clubs.

1 hour ago, Mr John said:

Ramirez: deleted his twitter.

Got to be concerned about his mental health, the rumours about his family going back to the states at the end of last season, being dropped, closing social media sites etc.  A worry.

Wait until he hears that Goodwin has him down as centre half v celtic. 

• Haha 1