Where Are They Now

Yeah very true a different time for sure.

Miller and Hegarty would’ve been old school in the no exceptions for any player kind of thing. Which you can understand.

Hignett starts getting Mondays off before you ken it you’ve got Rowson,Dow and Solberg demanding the same thing. 

31 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

Miller and Hegarty would’ve been old school in the no exceptions for any player kind of thing. Which you can understand.

Hignett starts getting Mondays off before you ken it you’ve got Rowson,Dow and Solberg demanding the same thing. 

Think Rowson preferred a Saturday off

• Haha 6

Rowson used to love a drive from range-success rate would be fairly low tho.

I remember watching him score at parkhead in a midweek game live on tv. landed in the net after taking a hoooora deflection should’ve really have gone down as an OG. 

I for one don’t blame him for claiming it tho. 

• Dildo 1
43 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

If I recall correctly we tried to re-sign Rowson before he went to Thistle. Is that right?

If I I mind right, Calderwood tried to sign him when he first arrived cause Heikkinen was wanting away. 

Can’t remember if he failed to get Rowson or if he saw the fact heikkinen was about 20 times better and made him see out his contract 

9 hours ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Moved to Stoke City for an increase in wages....no loss to AFC the guy was stinking.

I seem to recall Milne doing one of his rare radio interviews on Scotsport at the time.  Gordon Smith was giving him a grilling, asking how did he expect to win anything if Aberdeen weren't prepared to meet the wage demands of players like Rowson.  Turns out the cunt Smith was Rowson's agent.

4 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Gordon Smith who chose to prove his hun credentials by going bust himself.  Probably turned up to sign the trust deed with his trouser leg rolled up.

Always remember when they went bust he was on a radio show and I think it was Jim Spence was asking him about why he never checked that the money Craig Whyte promised had been paid into the company account and he got all arsey with him saying as a director it was not his responsibility to check if this was the case. Fud, no wonder it went tits up with him as a director.

11 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I seem to recall Milne doing one of his rare radio interviews on Scotsport at the time.  Gordon Smith was giving him a grilling, asking how did he expect to win anything if Aberdeen weren't prepared to meet the wage demands of players like Rowson.  Turns out the cunt Smith was Rowson's agent.

Held to Ransom by Rowson.

Wonder what he’s up to nowadays. 

Just now, REDRODDIE said:

Held to Ransom by Rowson.

Wonder what he’s up to nowadays. 

Some era the early 00s

darren and Derek young leaving to double their wages at dunfermline really shows how much we tightened the purse strings. 

at least it was all worth it and all the teams who overspent in those days like hearts, hibs & Dundee United haven’t won Scottish cup since then…. Right? Right? 😭

• Upvote 1
On 7/8/2023 at 9:32 AM, REDRODDIE said:

Thomas solberg never played with Craig hignett. 

On 7/9/2023 at 8:12 AM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

at least it was all worth it and all the teams who overspent in those days like hearts, hibs & Dundee United haven’t won Scottish cup since then…. Right? Right? 😭

Aye all 3 teams have won the Scottish Cup since then, all 3 have also been relegated a combined 4 times and spent 9 years in total in the Championship.

• Upvote 1