Where Are They Now

7 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Show me different with your expert tennis knowledge then.

You missed one earlier

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

Some man MAD. If your first one gets a return, I'd encourage a few quid on Vondrousova in the ladies wimbledon final. Almost 2/1 and I think she has the game to take down Jabuer. 

1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

That is just a lucky punt.

It’s not what is being referred to and you know it.

No. It was me displaying I know the sport and correctly predicting an upset.

I appreciate you want to dismiss it because it diminishes what you're saying but I'm afraid it very much backs me up. 

Just now, Parklife said:

No. It was me displaying I know the sport and correctly predicting an upset.

I appreciate you want to dismiss it because it diminishes what you're saying but I'm afraid it very much backs me up. 

The topic was should women get paid the same as men in tennis.

Not can you predict the winner of two evenly matched players 😅

Come away min. I see you have nothing to say to back up your stance that you are a tennis expert.

2 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

The topic was should women get paid the same as men in tennis.

Indeed and Zero embarrassed himself on it. 

Not can you predict the winner of two evenly matched players 😅

That's not how the bookies saw it. Jabuer being much higher ranked and the heavily odds on favourite. 

Come away min. I see you have nothing to say to back up your stance that you are a tennis expert.

I never claimed to be an expert. I merely stated Zero knows little to nothing about it. That's clearly correct. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Indeed and Zero embarrassed himself on it. 

That's not how the bookies saw it. Jabuer being much higher ranked and the heavily odds on favourite. 

I never claimed to be an expert. I merely stated Zero knows little to nothing about it. That's clearly correct. 

Well let’s hear your reasoning of why he knows nothing about tennis?

You clearly think you do, otherwise you wouldn’t be in a position to issue insulting statements claiming other people dont.

How fucking arrogant and ignorant is that?

The women's argument for equal pay in grand slams is based on a fairly simple concept. 

The ATP and WTA tours are separate events for men and women and generate their own income and players get paid accordingly.  Most matches on both tours are best of 3 sets. 

Grand slams like Wimbledon are a totally different event and are sold on a different premise to the public. They are sold as an integrated event with multiple competitions involving men and women and even mixed competition (as well as junior, senior and wheelchair) 

If you buy a ticket for a court at Wimbledon you get a variety of matches across that day for your ticket purchase.  It's the grand slam's decision to make the men singles best of 5 and the women singles best of 3, the men and the women have no input into that decision.  Interestingly the men's doubles has recently been changed to best of 3 from best of 5.

You may or may not agree with their case for equal pay but they've clearly got some decent points to consider. 

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No offence Kelt, but American sports take some beating for being “bollocks”.

Basketball, American football & baseball.  
All horse shit. 

No offense taken... I didn't invent them. 

I also agree with Basketball, American Football, and especially baseball being shite. Few things have bored me to tears like sitting through a baseball game. Absolute murder. 

Ice hockey is nae bad, though.  A bit like 5 a side. 

5 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Well let’s hear your reasoning of why he knows nothing about tennis?

The stuff he said showed it. 

You clearly think you do, otherwise you wouldn’t be in a position to issue insulting statements claiming other people dont.

I know more than most. It's a minority sport but is a pretty major part of my sporting interest. 

Far from an expert though. 

How fucking arrogant and ignorant is that?

It's the opposite of ignorant, actually. 

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I also agree with Basketball, American Football, and especially baseball being shite. Few things have bored me to tears like sitting through a baseball game. Absolute murder. 

Agree, quite like Ice hockey, apart from struggling to follow the puck 😀

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The stuff he said showed it. 

I know more than most. It's a minority sport but is a pretty major part of my sporting interest. 

Far from an expert though. 

It's the opposite of ignorant, actually. 

Doesn’t change the fact that you jumped on the boy for no real reason instead of offering some reasoning.

And I would say he clearly does know a bit about tennis given the info he posted.

A lot of people are a lot more interested and have a lot more knowledge of tennis, thanks to the great man, Andy Murray.

I would expect you are in that category.

No need to abuse fellow tennis fans 👀

3 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Doesn’t change the fact that you jumped on the boy for no real reason instead of offering some reasoning.

And I would say he clearly does know a bit about tennis given the info he posted.

A lot of people are a lot more interested and have a lot more knowledge of tennis, thanks to the great man, Andy Murray.

I would expect you are in that category.

No need to abuse fellow tennis fans 👀

I didn't "jump" on him. He talked shit. He got told he was talking shit. That happens to us all sometimes in life. 

You attempting to white knight him doesn't change the fact he was havering nonsense though. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Used to go watch the Dodgers when I lived in LA and to be fair, I like to see them win but I could happily have turned up for the last 10 mins and seen the drama. It was the heat, beer and peanuts we generally enjoyed. It’s a marmite sport. And painfully slow. 

American football though is superb in my opinion. My wife’s family are all Saints daft and I fell in love with the game and the team back in 05 at the first game after Hurricane Katrina when the Saints were utter dogshit and the fans were wearing paper bags on their heads at game in protest. Don’t ask cause I don’t know. I was also on Bourbon Street in a strip club the night we won the superbowl and it’s very hard to really explain what it meant to the city. The place went utterly fucking mental and it was a truly joyous occasion. Hard to not get swept up in it all. There’s a depth to the game that I’ve only really personally scratched the surface of but some of these lads make it a science.

I go to as many New Orleans Saints games as I can and it’s invariably a fantastic day/night out. The stop start becomes less of a concern after a few cold ones. Being in the stadium, you get a much better sense of the ebb and flow of the game compared to the TV squeezing in 8000 adverts and such.

But…each to their own and no sport or team matches the passion for the round ball and AFC. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I didn't "jump" on him. He talked shit. He got told he was talking shit. That happens to us all sometimes in life. 

You attempting to white knight him doesn't change the fact he was havering nonsense though. 

No, i’m not white knighting him. 
I’m just pointing out how out of order and how much of an arrogant prick you are.

You have offered nothing to substantiate your point.

7 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

No, i’m not white knighting him. 
I’m just pointing out how out of order and how much of an arrogant prick you are.

You have offered nothing to substantiate your point.

You think the arguments for equal pay in tennis still needs to be outlined? That's just silly. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

You think the arguments for equal pay in tennis still needs to be outlined? That's just silly. 

What i’ve said and what i will continue to say, is that given your attitude and arrogant comments towards zero in the first instance, is that i would like to hear your take on it, in order to justify why you think he knows nothing about tennis and why you think males and females should be paid equally in tennis. 

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, Parklife said:

If only that were accurate, you'd have a point. 

It is accurate, you have still not given any indication that you do actually know more about tennis than Zero. 

You have said he knows nothing, but your position holds no depth beyond that

Edit for clarity: I know very little about tennis myself, thankfully