Where Are They Now

25 minutes ago, RUL said:

Would you swap a relegation for a Scottish cup?

Not a chance!! It was bad enough having to play in the group stages of the League Cup last year, never want the dons to ever have to play in the Petrodiddy cup (or whatever its called now). Leave that to the minnows like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and Sevco.

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, RUL said:

Would you swap a relegation for a Scottish cup?

5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not a chance!! It was bad enough having to play in the group stages of the League Cup last year, never want the dons to ever have to play in the Petrodiddy cup (or whatever its called now). Leave that to the minnows like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and Sevco.

Think it’s completely embarrassing hearing us boast about never being relegated at this stage. Yeah I’m glad we haven’t but it just shows how shit we are that it’s all we have to shout about. 

Do you think Man City are jealous of Everton’s lack of relegations?

9 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Think it’s completely embarrassing hearing us boast about never being relegated at this stage. Yeah I’m glad we haven’t but it just shows how shit we are that it’s all we have to shout about. 

Superb post. 

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Couldn't care less about Man City or how they feel about Evertons lack of relegations.

It took Hibs 3 seasons to get back in the Premiership and Dundee United 4 seasons. Would love us to win the Scottish Cup but wouldn't swap it for potentially a few years in the Championshio, thats just dumb and financially could set us back for years.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Couldn't care less about Man City or how they feel about Evertons lack of relegations.

It took Hibs 3 seasons to get back in the Premiership and Dundee United 4 seasons. Would love us to win the Scottish Cup but wouldn't swap it for potentially a few years in the Championshio, thats just dumb and financially could set us back for years.

We would actually be able to win a league championship if we went down…………

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Hearts went down twice and came back up stronger. The Hibs team that came back up was probably as strong a team as hibs have had in the last 20 years. 

not getting relegated is a pathetic thing to celebrate. We are only mentioning it cause all those teams can talk about recent Scottish cup wins and we can’t. 

hopefully we can finally start putting some trophies together. No excuse not to have done more in the last 10 years really. Thinking of defeats to darvel, united at home, championship hibs, dens park, st johnstone. Can talk about the strength of Celtic but fuck me we’ve had some horror shows

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Hearts went down twice and came back up stronger. The Hibs team that came back up was probably as strong a team as hibs have had in the last 20 years. 

Really? Hearts got relegated, came back up, had a decent first season before gradually slipping backwards and got relegated again 4 years later... good chance they're on that same track again. Hibs went down, took 3 attempts to come back up and in the 6 years they've been back have finished 5th or worse on 4 occasion and behind us on 5 of those 6 seasons.

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

not getting relegated is a pathetic thing to celebrate. We are only mentioning it cause all those teams can talk about recent Scottish cup wins and we can’t. 

You're right, its maybe not something to celebrate... it is however a fact and something i hope never happens to us. Getting relegated is more pathetic that celebrating not ever having been relegated.

8 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

hopefully we can finally start putting some trophies together. No excuse not to have done more in the last 10 years really. Thinking of defeats to darvel, united at home, championship hibs, dens park, st johnstone. Can talk about the strength of Celtic but fuck me we’ve had some horror shows

100% agree, with all the finals and semis we've had over the past 10 years we should have won more. Other than that spell in the 80's though we average a trophy every 12 years over our history. As much as we'd all love to win more, historically we're not a team that wins trophies every few seasons. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Really? Hearts got relegated, came back up, had a decent first season before gradually slipping backwards and got relegated again 4 years later... good chance they're on that same track again. Hibs went down, took 3 attempts to come back up and in the 6 years they've been back have finished 5th or worse on 4 occasion and behind us on 5 of those 6 seasons.

You're right, its maybe not something to celebrate... it is however a fact and something i hope never happens to us. Getting relegated is more pathetic that celebrating not ever having been relegated.

100% agree, with all the finals and semis we've had over the past 10 years we should have won more. Other than that spell in the 80's though we average a trophy every 12 years over our history. As much as we'd all love to win more, historically we're not a team that wins trophies every few seasons. 

Hearts came back and finished 3rd in their first season both times. Hibs won the cup while down and finished 4th, only 2 or 3 points off 2nd when they came back up. I’m not saying they were brilliant for coming back up, just that overall it didn’t affect them that much. Doubt any of them would trade their hampden days or open top parades not to have been relegated. 

anyway let’s see what happens. The safe money is on at another season of no trophies and no relegations. Blissful nothingness for about 31 of the last 33 seasons 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Hearts came back and finished 3rd in their first season both times. Hibs won the cup while down and finished 4th, only 2 or 3 points off 2nd when they came back up. I’m not saying they were brilliant for coming back up, just that overall it didn’t affect them that much. Doubt any of them would trade their hampden days or open top parades not to have been relegated. 

anyway let’s see what happens. The safe money is on at another season of no trophies and no relegations. Blissful nothingness for about 31 of the last 33 seasons 

Lol. Negative, negative man.

9 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Amateur team aren’t they ? Not even junior level. 

Apparently they play in the West of Scotland Football League Division 3 which I think comes under the auspices of the SJFA. Used to be called Shettleston Juniors till a few seasons back.