Neil Simpson Benefit Match!

Who craes if it's Newcastle or the potential Premiership champions :dontknow: as long as Pittodrie is sold out (as it should be) & all the Dandies that want to :applause: Simmie get a ticket.

Who cares if there's a few glory hunters there to also hand over their cash to Simmie :dontknow:

We don't want your kind here :nono::spanner::cry::rolleyes:

Who craes if it's Newcastle or the potential Premiership champions :dontknow: as long as Pittodrie is sold out (as it should be) & all the Dandies that want to :applause: Simmie get a ticket.

Who cares if there's a few glory hunters there to also hand over their cash to Simmie :dontknow:

We don't want your kind here :nono::spanner::cry::rolleyes:

I take it you never attended the last time Manure were up?

Embarrassing chants of "United United" from the home support.

I take it you never attended the last time Manure were up?

Embarrassing chants of "United United" from the home support.

Yes I was there & it was a mixed support as it was a friendly :dontknow:

Was good of Fergie to bring up Utd for such an occasion :dontknow:

Put it this way then, if Aberdeen were as successful as Man utd & Man utd being in a similar position to what Aberdeen are now invited Aberdeen & their old manager (that gave Utd their best times) down to a match to :applause: the team that was & which would also act as a fairly good pre-season friendly. Then would you as an Aberdeen fan not want to attend the game?

It's a match for Simmie yes but if to oppositions fans are not allowed to attend, then it kind of stinks a little no?

There will be more than enough Dandies to give Simmie all the credit & :applause: he deserves & the "other" teams fans I'm sure will only add to that sentiment.

Plus the fact that whatever team we play will be at the request of Simmie :dontknow: or at least he will have his choice from an available short list :dontknow:

The game isn't about us the fans remember, the game is for Simmie

Yes I was there & it was a mixed support as it was a friendly :dontknow:

Was good of Fergie to bring up Utd for such an occasion :dontknow:

Put it this way then, if Aberdeen were as successful as Man utd & Man utd being in a similar position to what Aberdeen are now invited Aberdeen & their old manager (that gave Utd their best times) down to a match to :applause: the team that was & which would also act as a fairly good pre-season friendly. Then would you as an Aberdeen fan not want to attend the game?

It's a match for Simmie yes but if to oppositions fans are not allowed to attend, then it kind of stinks a little no?

There will be more than enough Dandies to give Simmie all the credit & :applause: he deserves & the "other" teams fans I'm sure will only add to that sentiment.

Plus the fact that whatever team we play will be at the request of Simmie :dontknow: or at least he will have his choice from an available short list :dontknow:

The game isn't about us the fans remember, the game is for Simmie

These were Aberdonians, not Mancs.

The Man United game was pish. I left with 40 minutes to go and said I'd never go to another home friendly again.

Yeah, I left at HT, having travelled up from St Andrews for it, most boring game I've ever witnessed, and thats with me liking United.

Ideally, we would have a crowd that was all Dandies, there to cheer Simmie, however, if the opposition is not to appealing, you're going to struggle to get over 12K.

These were Aberdonians, not Mancs.

Oh yeah there was plenty of them but also plenty mancs & even cockney :nutter: mancs round about me & that was in the south stand.

There was basically a lot of folk there to see Man Utd as well but I don't see the harm as a few Gothenburg greats also went on to Man utd don't forget.

I think it was a fitting friendly, regardless of the Man utd glory hunters (& also traveling Man utd fans).

Doesn't bother me who Simmie chooses, as long as he gets a sell out & it's a decent side :dontknow:

As I said, it's not about our selfish feelings the game is for, it's for Simmie.

Had to add my voice to The Scotsman's article.

Yeah, fortunately John McMaster survived the almost fatal attempt on his life by Willie 'Drug-taking' Johnston and went on to lift TWO European trophies.. along with Neil Simpson. Both of whom were far superior players to the very limited Ian 'The Kebab' Durrant.

personally i dont care if its man u or forfar its about the man. ill be there as he was a great player and helped our club acheive unbelievable heights.

so who ever the opposition lets get behind simmie

I wouldn't see Fergie turning down his most industrious player from Aberdeen's Glory Years.

He might not have had the world class skill of Gordon Strachan or the flawless hair and sparkling smile of Eric Black, but Simmie was the guy who did the essential spadework. Simmie was the engine room of that side, no question.

Well deserved. A few years older than me but i played for same school and junior club as him before my parents immigrated. Even when it was clear he would make it he never got ahead of himself and would always say hello. I happened to be at the Durrant game and his treatment afterwards by the media was fn disgraceful. I think people outside Pittodrie severely underrated his ability. Hope he gets a sellout. :applause:

Oh yeah there was plenty of them but also plenty mancs & even cockney :nutter: mancs round about me & that was in the south stand.

There was basically a lot of folk there to see Man Utd as well but I don't see the harm as a few Gothenburg greats also went on to Man utd don't forget.

I think it was a fitting friendly, regardless of the Man utd glory hunters (& also traveling Man utd fans).

Doesn't bother me who Simmie chooses, as long as he gets a sell out & it's a decent side :dontknow:

As I said, it's not about our selfish feelings the game is for, it's for Simmie.

If there was 8 of them there were actually only 2 mancs, there rest were from bristol and two from london.........I got them tickets :)

Real or HSV are the obvious choices for this, but as a slightly leftfield suggestion, how about IFK Gothenburg themselves?

I'd be happy enough with UTD heading north for it, as previous posters have said it's about celebrating the man as a player, not what we want as fans. If he wants UTD and Fergie is happy to come north, then that would be kinda cool.

Real or HSV are the obvious choices for this, but as a slightly leftfield suggestion, how about IFK Gothenburg themselves?

I'd be happy enough with UTD heading north for it, as previous posters have said it's about celebrating the man as a player, not what we want as fans. If he wants UTD and Fergie is happy to come north, then that would be kinda cool.

My guess is he'd ask Newcastle, as they gave him a lifeline to head south after the Daily Retard & The Hun basically hounded him out of Scotland.

• 3 months later...

If true, hopefully the club see the opportunity of packing out the saturday game before as well - think thats the County game?

Should just come out with a statement that everyone who has a ticket for Ross County can get a ticket for Man U....

There will be plenty of 'plastic' Man U fans looking about for tickets, and sure I don't care who turns up as long as AFC get the cash, but would be a real opportunity to get more folk to buy tickets on the saturday... if they think they will reserve a ticket for Man U - would that make sense? Sell out 2 games instead of 1

Tbh i'm a little disappointed it's Utd we're playing. Would have preferred somebody like Arsenal instead. I'll still go of course to show Simmie my support, a great guy who deserves all the plaudits for everything he's done for the club :applause:

Arsenal?...why...Fergie was Simmie's manager...pulling a fixture against the biggest club in the world is fantastic