Neil Simpson Benefit Match!

It's two separate issues. The game is already a sellout. Simpson is guaranteed his reward, which he deserves.

After we accept that fact, it's open season on the mongs in Aberdeen who lap up this type of friendly but dinna bother attending any games during the Scottish football season, unless it involves a cup semi or final.

Then we lose and they piss and moan that they're never coming back because the club dinna deserve them.

What they mean is Aberdeen dinna spend millions on players and win all the time.

just like you do then

Central to the argument is the whole "need" for people these days to adpot an English team, Man United being the most prominent of these for anyone who grew up during the late 90's/through the 00's watching Sky Sports, AFC weren't winning much so for a bit of glory might start supporting the Reds and use Fergie as an excuse.

Glory Glory Man United and all that.

Cheering them on in the pub and getting excited when they score is amusing too.

I agree totally with this, was having an argument in the golfer on Friday about this. Watch any football you want,, but get all exited about a team from a foreign country and you go well down in my estimation. Supporting Man U is no different to supporting England IMO.

ooooft thats twice you've taken the huff with me in a week. Something on your mind?? Boofons corner awaits?

One minute you're in full agreement, the next you're siding with bluto and, ironically, calling me a moaning cunt.

I'm delighted 24/7. I take exception to bluto at all times. But especially during threads about the EPL.

When Aberdeen are due to play Man United, he thinks it's Manna from Heaven, I feel like killing him as a result.

It's just normal, everyday stuff.

One minute you're in full agreement, the next you're siding with bluto and, ironically, calling me a moaning cunt.

I'm delighted 24/7. I take exception to bluto at all times. But especially during threads about the EPL.

When Aberdeen are due to play Man United, he thinks it's Manna from Heaven, I feel like killing him as a result.

I think you will find I'm in agreement only about plastic man utd fans and that bluto is one of them. I am glad Simmie got them to come up as he would want that and he will also get a full house.

It's only a thread mdal.

It's not as if it's a footballer's livelihood, or a career ending injury or anything.

It's only words.

Not as if your leg is going to fall off because of them, not as if they can put you in a wheelchair or anything.

All the best to Neil Simpson from me :hunbash:

• Downvote 5

:swear:

dinna worry though tup. you pay at the gate and more than contribute your share towards the club.

After we accept that fact, it's open season on the mongs in Aberdeen who lap up this type of friendly but dinna bother attending any games during the Scottish football season, unless it involves a cup semi or final.

Then we lose and they piss and moan that they're never coming back because the club dinna deserve them.

What they mean is Aberdeen dinna spend millions on players and win all the time.

Aye, but Roberto supports Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

Might struggle to make it midweek and the last Man U friendly made me envy dead people but I'll still buy a ticket at least.

I'm going to go, purely because it's for Simmie, but yeah the last United game was terrible, I like United and still left at half time because it was so shit.

I think it's great that Simmie has a top team for this, and great that the club is doing it, as I thought they may be scared of the Hun media.

So am i right in thinking that there will be NO general sale of tickets for this testimonial game?

Dunno depends on how many st holders there are.

Imo it should be st holders then people with previous booking history like you have to have for the old firm games. Then if theres any left you can sell them to the glory hunting man u wanks

Surprised to see that ticket sales is not open to Season ticket and shareholders. Never seen this before. It's always been both.

Who say's it isn't?

For the avoidance of doubt, AFC own constitution advises it's season ticket/shareholders.

Who gives a fuck if the crowd is largely Man U 'fans' or local fermers?

It's about recognising one of AFC's favourite sons, and giving HIM a pile of cash as a thank you for giving US a decade's service and a history worth remembering.

I hope the place is filled to the rafters for the man, and I hope they cart Durrant out strapped to a gurney a'la Hannibal Lecter, so Simmie can entertain the crowd by pishing on him as half-time festivities.

Are we not entertained?

tumblr_m7bgidJtsU1qklmkq.gif

Got my tickets around 4.40 and there was a small queue for tickets. Asked the guy how season ticket sales were doing, he said they had only been steady. Man Yoo tickets on the other hand, busy all day. I'll be going for Neil Simpson, just hope there isn't too much glory hunters (I didn't go to the 2008 match but heard it was cringeworthy at times)

Got my tickets around 4.40 and there was a small queue for tickets. Asked the guy how season ticket sales were doing, he said they had only been steady. Man Yoo tickets on the other hand, busy all day. I'll be going for Neil Simpson, just hope there isn't too much glory hunters (I didn't go to the 2008 match but heard it was cringeworthy at times)

The before was even worse