• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's absolute shit, just an English league reject who went through a purple patch?

He is 100% a poacher, he isn't the type of player to create something out of nothing. He's very limited, but a good finisher imo. With a winger either side who could actually cross a ball or a creative partner he would score a lot more than he does (like when Maguire/Aluko were putting them on a plate for him). Very little service all season from the rest of the team, a chronic lack of wingers/full backs being the cause.

How can we be slating him?

He is far from one of the players that deserves slating.

When was the last time we had a 20 (spl) goal striker? which is what he is (or would be) in a team that provides the chances for him.

I'd guess his return for number of chances is very high (even this season) & the likes of Sandaza etc. would not have been ANY better had they been in his position with us.

Let the man have the players he deserves round about him to feed him the balls he needs & you will see just what he is, which is a very good SPL poacher.

Hard to be a decent striker when your manager tries to make EVERYONE aim for clean sheets mainly & hope :crossfingers: for the ODD wee break of the ball to get that precious ONE goal lead.

How can we be slating him?

He is far from one of the players that deserves slating.

When was the last time we had a 20 (spl) goal striker? which is what he is (or would be) in a team that provides the chances for him.

I'd guess his return for number of chances is very high (even this season) & the likes of Sandaza etc. would not have been ANY better had they been in his position with us.

Let the man have the players he deserves round about him to feed him the balls he needs & you will see just what he is, which is a very good SPL poacher.

Hard to be a decent striker when your manager tries to make EVERYONE aim for clean sheets mainly & hope :crossfingers: for the ODD wee break of the ball to get that precious ONE goal lead.

It's mental.

He's a great player with no service. God knows where we'd be this season without his goals.

Shocking thread no shock to see op kens feck all about football.

Vernon would get a game for any team in this league bar top two, great striker with zero service

If he played for Celtic he'd score a shit load of goals, we are a team that creates nothing yet he has scored a fair few goals without pens aswell, if we set up to attack every match I doubt vernon would still be here as he'd have scored over 20 goals and be on course for a move to the championship or league one.

Agree with Boof and Stoney...Vernon does incredibly well considering he gets fu*k all service...

He's easily as good a striker as Stavrum was...funny how time clouds folks memory of players now held up as AFC greats...Arild had some shocking moments during his time with us.

Shite thread.

Ill informed pish.

He has been getting zero service and become increasingly isolated up top.

He demeanor is in no small part due to the shite atmosphere I feel exists in the dressing room and the squads disenchantment at the type of football they're been asked to play.

Play football the proper way, set up correctly and provide Vernon with decent service and you'd see a different player.

28 goals in 80 games, goal every 2.86 games, utter shit ..........pfffffffffffffft . I am not his biggest fan but I feel there are far worthier targets for peoples ire , the manager for a starter

If that is correct (which i dont doubt it is)

Only two players can better that in the last 13 years

Stavrum Games53 Goals26 2.03

Booth Games 21 Goals 8 2.65