Spiken Sh*t

Guest SS RED

• Admin

He left here because his details were posted after he used the afc-chat.co.uk or something to link to Donstalk :laughing:

Ahh, more AFC-chat lore. Slim had registered the .co.uk name, back when the hat's primary address was .net or .com. He boasted on donstalk about it (stupidly), screenshots taken, luckily as the posts were later deleted, and LS decided he would take legal action. Slim caved pretty fast.

Ahh, more AFC-chat lore. Slim had registered the .co.uk name, back when the hat's primary address was .net or .com. He boasted on donstalk about it (stupidly), screenshots taken, luckily as the posts were later deleted, and LS decided he would take legal action. Slim caved pretty fast.

He posted all the time when I first joined. Then just disappeared. I remember him saying he was off to Dubai.

What legal action could LS have taken????

• Admin

He posted all the time when I first joined. Then just disappeared. I remember him saying he was off to Dubai.

What legal action could LS have taken????

Christ, can't remember. There's probably a thread on it in the mod forum, might have been lost when the site went down. A simple domain dispute with the regulator (ICANN or Nominet - can't remember which - depended on the domain) would have been enough. It was clearly in bad faith, registering the name of a rival website, in the same marketplace (Aberdeen football forums) and diverting traffic to your own? Would have been a clear cut case imo. It's been awhile since i read up on it, monkey could probably fill you in.

Christ, can't remember. There's probably a thread on it in the mod forum, might have been lost when the site went down. A simple domain dispute with the regulator (ICANN or Nominet - can't remember which - depended on the domain) would have been enough. It was clearly in bad faith, registering the name of a rival website, in the same marketplace (Aberdeen football forums) and diverting traffic to your own? Would have been a clear cut case imo. It's been awhile since i read up on it, monkey could probably fill you in.

I don't know. MDAL seems like a fiery character especially with a drink in.

Not wishing to take the thread off topic, this is Paul's corner after all, Donstalk had got the .co.uk address whilst afc-chat was still .net. There was a humorous redirect of traffic that LS took exception to and started threatening legal action, not exactly sure what action he was planning but he spat the dummy and also made an attempt to ban me from here due to my involvement with DT at the time.

I had a word with the folk over at DT and having had their fun they changed the redirect to here, or at least cancelled it going to DT, I can't remember exactly which it was and then let the ownership of .co.uk lapse when it came up for renewal.

In the end it appeared to be an attempt to get a rise out of LS who obliged with his threats of getting lawyers involved.

Not wishing to take the thread off topic, this is Paul's corner after all, Donstalk had got the .co.uk address whilst afc-chat was still .net. There was a humorous redirect of traffic that LS took exception to and started threatening legal action, not exactly sure what action he was planning but he spat the dummy and also made an attempt to ban me from here due to my involvement with DT at the time.

I had a word with the folk over at DT and having had their fun they changed the redirect to here, or at least cancelled it going to DT, I can't remember exactly which it was and then let the ownership of .co.uk lapse when it came up for renewal.

In the end it appeared to be an attempt to get a rise out of LS who obliged with his threats of getting lawyers involved.

Monkey, as always, the voice of reason.

You should be over in Gaza sorting out the conflict!!

Monkey, as always, the voice of reason.

You should be over in Gaza sorting out the conflict!!

I keep phoning offering my assistance but for some reason the UN won't return my calls.

I've even given them my mobile as well on the off chance I'm down the job centre signing on when they call!

Looks like the middle east is on it's own.