Spiken Sh*t

Guest SS RED

28 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

what else do you want ?

Jason has worked for the Scottish Government since 2007.

Jason is an Honorary Professor at the University of Dundee. From 2005 to 2006 he was a Quality Improvement Fellow at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, in Boston, sponsored by the Health Foundation. Jason is also a trustee of the UK wing of the Indian Rural Evangelical Fellowship which runs orphanages in southeast India.

He qualified as a dentist in 1991 and was as a Consultant Oral Surgeon in Glasgow. He has a doctorate from the University of Glasgow, a Masters in Public Health from Harvard and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.

So he's a dentist.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Would Hugh Pennington have been the obvious choice?

He may be knocking on but he's still everywhere giving interviews and appears to be a World renowned  expert on the subject.

He would be the ideal candidate. Bacteriology and virology were his specialties

• Upvote 1

It's quite a while since I was a student nurse but it's actually surprising how much emergency dentistry is undertaken by doctors (junior ones at that) in A+E departments. Simple extractions though. And not for toothache.

Fillings are done by guys with public health degrees....

(public health degrees can also be undertaken by nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and fucking school leavers.....)

6 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed off with the Scottish Government here but really if Scottish football can't get it's clubs and players to follow what was agreed to allow them to restart it's hardly any surprise it's come to this

All are partially at fault in different ways, it's not one or the other.

3 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Absolute farce our Hamilton game is off. 

Going by Leitchs comments it would have went ahead had Bolingoli not gone to Spain. WTF? 

Hmmm not convinced about that.

I'm certain Sturgeon "strongly advised" the SPFL to cancel the St J match alongside doing the same for our matches with Hamilton and Celtic. The SPFL have (imo) politely told her to ram it regarding the latter 2 so she has just kept quiet over the weekend to see if any more indiscretions would come to pass and whaddya know...they did. With the lack of pushing PPV for the Hamilton match, AFC must have been well aware it was still in the balance as to whether it would go ahead or not. It suits the Scots govt for the SPFL to cancel the matches as it looks a bit less like "big nasty Nicola" pulling rank and ordering postponements (which, despite her saying it isn't the job of the Scots gov to do, they most certainly do have the power to order if necessary). And I think they would have done so had the SPFL not taken the belated action that they have with the Hamilton match.

6 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Blaming the govt (SNP or not) for this is fucking retarded.

Aberdeen must be on a par with Londonderry and Larkhall for amount of tory supporters per head. Bizarre and embarrassing.

The Tories don't actually field candidates In Norn Irn. And not sure Londonderry (it seems pretty much now to be referred to as just Derry as it should always have been) would be the place to quote as being a stronghold of conservatism anyway.

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Blaming the govt (SNP or not) for this is fucking retarded.

Aberdeen must be on a par with Londonderry and Larkhall for amount of tory supporters per head. Bizarre and embarrassing.

Would never have been off if we didn't have the devolved building with the kiddy on people playing at politics. Boris would have laughed it off, rightfully so.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

From Gary Holts comments you get the feeling other clubs are seeing players bend the rules as well.

So it's the whole professional game in Scotland needs to consider it's attitude imo.

Incidentally has it actually been made clear just what the SFA agreed to that let them get top flight football back under way?

Seems to me it's more than just the lock down and social distancing restrictions "joe public" faces but it hasn't been clarified has it.

19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The Tories don't actually field candidates In Norn Irn. And not sure Londonderry (it seems pretty much now to be referred to as just Derry as it should always have been) would be the place to quote as being a stronghold of conservatism anyway.

I was making the distinction between Derry and the hun side (londonderry, which i believe the residents and weegie huns still call it)

Admittedly i dont follow modern day norn irish politics but know enough that the protestant side of Derry will predominantly be pro-unionist. Just like Aberdeen. 

Im sure you got my point.

Massive political meltdown about to happen on this thread I think.

I'm not too bothered about the politics here Nicola and Boris are both dealing with an unprecedented situation in their own way.

Scottish Football has fucked up here. 8 of our players and 2 of Celtics and I'll bet there's loads more who haven't been caught.

Then there's the game Sevco played without testing.

It's a bit it's joke really. They all need to stick to what's been agreed then we can get football back.

29 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

Massive political meltdown about to happen on this thread I think.

I'm not too bothered about the politics here Nicola and Boris are both dealing with an unprecedented situation in their own way.

Scottish Football has fucked up here. 8 of our players and 2 of Celtics and I'll bet there's loads more who haven't been caught.

Then there's the game Sevco played without testing.

It's a bit it's joke really. They all need to stick to what's been agreed then we can get football back.

It’s an easy way of getting some thick folk to jump in to your net though. 

2 hours ago, CityCentre said:

SNP supporters are cultists, they treat Strugeon like a god, it is quite unhinged.

Didnae tak you as being that thick.

Presumably fishing.

Anyhoo, I doubt there is a bigger supporter of Scottish Independence (normality) than me.
But the SNP no longer have my support or membership.
They would get my vote, but some of the shite that has went on there in the last couple of years has been a touch depressing.

What they have also done is made a right clusterfuck of this.

As already mentioned, appears that we may have played the Hamilton game were it not for the Celtic players indescrepancies,
There has been zero definitie action. Our games against Celtic and Hamilton should have been binned at the same time as the St Johnstone one.

WTF has been with the dithering of the last few days, so fucking indecisive.

She looked real uncertain when the Daily Record guy hit her with the "so are you cancelling these games" on the back of her vague as fuck shite about Aberdeen and Celtic fans being unlikely to see any football soon (or something like that).

She's made a total cunt of it. Total.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
10 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Im with you VforV - politics shouldnt come into this like i said earlier. 

The usual tory boys coming on jumping up and down about the snp/sturgo made painful reading. 

I made this point last night but the usual suspects ignored it.Good to know that you can vote something other than SNP or Tory and not be a Unionist, I voted like you last time with the same sentiments

• Downvote 1
Guest milne_afc
3 hours ago, CityCentre said:

SNP supporters are cultists, they treat Strugeon like a god, it is quite unhinged.

Oh look, it's one of these memes. 

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Im with you VforV - politics shouldnt come into this like i said earlier. 

The usual tory boys coming on jumping up and down about the snp/sturgo made painful reading. 

I'm pro SNP and think Sturgeon has handled this horrendously. You don't have to back your party blindly as many do. 

• Upvote 2