Has Milne Just Cleared The Way For A Yes Vote?

I think anyone who has seen 5 of your posts on this site could compile that list.

A stalker ? dont flatter yourself. Even your family send you off to Baku every few weeks to see the back of you , no wonder you are an alcoholic :hysterical:

Also , your response to the original post suggest the truth hurts. You couldnt counter any point as usual :lolrangers:

Stop replying to every post I make then

I am thinking the timing is coincedental.

Why would a life long Aberdeen fan be coming on board at a time like this if the vote was to be Yes and the likely impact of the club from their own fans?

The board was probably a bit on the heavy side already, and perhaps those gone weren't offering enough or value for money in Miller's case?

• Upvote 2

Why would a life long Aberdeen fan be coming on board at a time like this if the vote was to be Yes and the likely impact of the club from their own fans?

The board was probably a bit on the heavy side already, and perhaps those gone weren't offering enough or value for money in Miller's case?

This makes sense to me. The board "shake-up" seems to have been driven by AAM looking to pull-out and us deciding to cut the other deadwood in the meantime.

Some people just need sensationalism in their lives.

I'm glad there are more serving to dampen the hysteria which was gathering pace earlier.

Milne can be accused of many things, but stupidity is not one of them.

He knows he would never get away with voting 'Yes'. In addition to that, I don't think he wants to either.

Just to build on this point actually, why would you resign in protest at the decision Aberdeen FC was set to take, then keep quiet about it? Surely the first thing you'd be doing is leaking it, or explicitly stating it, so that fans could exert more pressure. Even more likely is that you'd not resign your place on the board till decision day, so that you can still try and exert influence on the decision.

Bad timing, at a point we have little to discuss methinks.

Absolutely Foster, the first thing you would do were you indignant at having been ousted over an issue where you had the almost full backing of the support would be to run to the media and try and hurt the man who'd forced you out.

The silence in this instance speaks volumes.

Just to build on this point actually, why would you resign in protest at the decision Aberdeen FC was set to take, then keep quiet about it? Surely the first thing you'd be doing is leaking it, or explicitly stating it, so that fans could exert more pressure. Even more likely is that you'd not resign your place on the board till decision day, so that you can still try and exert influence on the decision.

Bad timing, at a point we have little to discuss methinks.

Give the cu*ts a chance...they only got the bullet 24 hours ago...the truth will come out

Give the cu*ts a chance...they only got the bullet 24 hours ago...the truth will come out

Well, Miller has supposedly already given interviews (I have not read any, nae interested in BBC/EE interpretation) and it still defeats the point. You can't sack a director very easily, it is more likely that they will have resigned their positions on request.

If anyone thinks that this is on the back of a potential "Yes" decision, I still think they'd be staying on the board till the day itself in the hope of convincing otherwise and leaking information to convince fans otherwise.

I think this will be completely unrelated to the potential decision, (not that I am as certain as others are that the decision will be a resounding no).

Well, Miller has supposedly already given interviews (I have not read any, nae interested in BBC/EE interpretation) and it still defeats the point. You can't sack a director very easily, it is more likely that they will have resigned their positions on request.

If anyone thinks that this is on the back of a potential "Yes" decision, I still think they'd be staying on the board till the day itself in the hope of convincing otherwise and leaking information to convince fans otherwise.

I think this will be completely unrelated to the potential decision, (not that I am as certain as others are that the decision will be a resounding no).

True... interviews have been given, candid would be the best way to describe them...The interview Milne gave yesterday was at best evasive at worst downright embarrassing ...the guy does not fill me with confidence he will do the right thing...let

Mr.Milne said on tv last night that the integrity of the sport in Scotland had to be uppermost. However , integrity and business practices do not always go hand in hand.

Stewart is very good at duckin' and divin' and avoiding the issue by spouting rhetoric. He is swinging both ways over this one and I'll be damned if I can second guess which way he'll vote.

However , a higher authority than Stewart Milne seems poised to swing into action , so it's anybody's guess where that will leave Newco now.

Fit a danny ! :rolleyes:

This makes sense to me. The board "shake-up" seems to have been driven by AAM looking to pull-out and us deciding to cut the other deadwood in the meantime.

Some people just need sensationalism in their lives.

The board 'slimming' may not be a result of people views (for or against) on the newco vote but it's fairly safe to say that in WM's case at least it is certainly financial & linked to the newco in this way. Milne has said as much has he not?

As for folk needing sensationalism in their lives, well all we're fkn hearing is huns this huns that every fkn day :blahblah1: so it's a nice change to be fkn talking about Aberdeen for a change & something as big as 5 suits getting binned & being replaced by one is fairly big news for us no? quite sensational in fact :dontknow: so of course we're going to speak & (shock horror) SPECULATE on why etc. :dontknow:

The board 'slimming' may not be a result of people views (for or against) on the newco vote but it's fairly safe to say that in WM's case at least it is certainly financial & linked to the newco in this way. Milne has said as much has he not?

That would suggest Rangers not being in the SPL next year then?

I'd be interested to know what Yule will be taking in remuneration. I was under the impression he was coming in to a fairly hands on role, with the expectation it would be taking up a fair bit of his time. I'd assume he'd want remunerated if so, compared to the others who have all had other priorities.

That would suggest Rangers not being in the SPL next year then?

I'd be interested to know what Yule will be taking in remuneration. I was under the impression he was coming in to a fairly hands on role, with the expectation it would be taking up a fair bit of his time. I'd assume he'd want remunerated if so, compared to the others who have all had other priorities.

Not really cos if they are voted in we'll lose money wouldn't we?

Whatever way Newco goes we'll lose money, so Miller's champagne salary is an expense too far.

I'm not so sure I can agree fully with this. I think if our club used this to it's advantage we could MAKE money from this or at least not lose money the way the scare mongerers would have us all believe.

If our club showed some bollocks & stood up now and said we disagree wholeheartedly with what rangers have been doing, it goes against all things fair & decent & obviously sporting integrity & for that reason we will be voting against them re-entering the SPL next season as a newco, we believe they should have to APPLY to the lowest level & work their way back up honestly & in the correct way just like ANY other new club should have to.

If our club had the audacity to stand up now & do this then it would speak volumes & would earn untold respect from a lot of leaving & lost fans & would hopefully bring back a very high percentage & it would also maybe instil a bit more fight back into the club/team which has been lost for some time now.

It may even give other spineless chairmen/clubs some bottle :dontknow:

For the record I do believe that we will vote no because it really is suicide not to but I just wish we'd be the audacious club & start the ball rolling & hand others the hammer for the final nails in the hun coffin

I've heard he was on about 150k, but let's just go ultra conservative and say 85k.

Bear in mind that during McGhee's Apocalypse he wanted to sign a left back on 500 quid a week, but 'the budget wasn't available'... 500 a week, x 52 weeks, that's 26 grand to fill a position that we eventually had to fill with players who were in no way left backs, meaning we weakened other areas in order to fill a hole.

Now, let's just say that Miller's wage was available, then it's possible we'd have got in that left back AND maybe one or two other players to act as cover for a threadbare team. We might even have been able to leave Young on the bench more often.

At the very least, working this fuzzy math, Miller's wage could have allowed AFC to go pick up three promising youngsters.

Now, more than likely, that money would have been used to get in a 30-something crock with no intention of trying a leg, because we also don't have a scouting system, and we would be at the mercy of the 'Pin the Transfer on the Freebie List' method that Stewart Milne favours.

The man was an absolute hero for us turning down moves to Real Madrid and Spurs along the way...some will say sentiment should not come into play...I think he's been treated shabbily...or...he couldn't keep his mouth shut when it came to opinions concerning the admittance of the Newco hun?...anyhows...he's probably better out of it...he's hardly the Smithers type...someone like fagshaft would be more suited ;)

The man was an absolute hero for us turning down moves to Real Madrid and Spurs along the way...some will say sentiment should not come into play...I think he's been treated shabbily...or...he couldn't keep his mouth shut when it came to opinions concerning the admittance of the Newco hun?...anyhows...he's probably better out of it...he's hardly the Smithers type...someone like fagshaft would be more suited ;)

& the huns :lolrangers:

Wish we still had players with his attitude regards football, he really was one of a kind in this respect :applause:

For those of us who watched him play, same goes for guys like McGhee and Strachan, however they may conduct themselves nowadays has very little impact on how we view them.

I watched Miller and the rest of his team destroy Scottish teams on a regular basis. You would go in to cup finals without a shadow of a doubt that we were going to win. Even when Miller led the team out against Real Madrid I felt little trepidation. I don;t know if that was just a feeling of invincibility that every kid feels, but going up against, allegedly, the greatest team in the world I reckoned we would beat them. Not 'could'... would.

For guys growing up today, where a trip to Queens Park brings the almost certainty of defeat, Willie Miller is little more than a picture on the wall and a drain on resources. I can understand that, while also knowing that that attitude is pure ignorance.

So, basically, what I'm saying is that Willie Miller could kill and eat a small child on Union Street in broad drizzle every Saturday afternoon and he would be nothing less than a fucking legend to those Aberdeen fans who saw him, and the rest of the CWC team, grace Scottish grounds.

However, I will say that it disappointed to see that his return to the club signalled him falling into line with Stewart Milne and become nothing more than the organ grinder's monkey... spouting the party line and acting as a physical barrier between the fans and the biggest catastrophe to happen to Aberdeen in 109 years, Stewart Milne.

It's tragic that our greatest player became the puppet of the worst thing ever to happen to this club.

If he'd been working within the club to oust Milne, or to give honest, frank assessments of what was going on then I wouldn't have cared if he was on 500k a year.

But the role he was filling at AFC was worse than pointless, it was an insult to both him and the fans.

I'd rather see that cash spent on players, however it will almost certainly go towards servicing the giant, sucking debt that has accumulated under Stewart Milne.

• Upvote 1

For those of us who watched him play, same goes for guys like McGhee and Strachan, however they may conduct themselves nowadays has very little impact on how we view them.

I watched Miller and the rest of his team destroy Scottish teams on a regular basis. You would go in to cup finals without a shadow of a doubt that we were going to win. Even when Miller led the team out against Real Madrid I felt little trepidation. I don;t know if that was just a feeling of invincibility that every kid feels, but going up against, allegedly, the greatest team in the world I reckoned we would beat them. Not 'could'... would.

For guys growing up today, where a trip to Queens Park brings the almost certainty of defeat, Willie Miller is little more than a picture on the wall and a drain on resources. I can understand that, while also knowing that that attitude is pure ignorance.

So, basically, what I'm saying is that Willie Miller could kill and eat a small child on Union Street in broad drizzle every Saturday afternoon and he would be nothing less than a fucking legend to those Aberdeen fans who saw him, and the rest of the CWC team, grace Scottish grounds.

However, I will say that it disappointed to see that his return to the club signalled him falling into line with Stewart Milne and become nothing more than the organ grinder's monkey... spouting the party line and acting as a physical barrier between the fans and the biggest catastrophe to happen to Aberdeen in 109 years, Stewart Milne.

It's tragic that our greatest player became the puppet of the worst thing ever to happen to this club.

If he'd been working within the club to oust Milne, or to give honest, frank assessments of what was going on then I wouldn't have cared if he was on 500k a year.

But the role he was filling at AFC was worse than pointless, it was an insult to both him and the fans.

I'd rather see that cash spent on players, however it will almost certainly go towards servicing the giant, sucking debt that has accumulated under Stewart Milne.

Wise words Ke1t...as before he's better off out of it...Miller was probably the last bit of dignity and honesty AFC had...Milne's completly fucked the club now...the jumpers been sold..nae ripped to pieces and lying in tatters in the gutter.

My feelings exactly, Ke1t.

Willie Miller may have his failings as a manger, director, businessman or whatever, but on the park he and the team he led were the best club side in Europe. When they played, under Fergie's management, we felt invincible and mostly we were - I can't think of a time they ever let us down. For those of us who witnessed that team first hand, we should all be forever grateful that Willie and Fergie gave us those experiences and memories. On the football field, Willie Miller was, to use today's fashionable phrase, "unplayable" and "the best penalty box defender in the world" ... for the avoidance of doubt and for those who can't get their heads round the idea it bears repeating: Aberdeen had a player regarded by the greatest club manager of all time as "the best penalty box defender IN THE WORLD".

Nobody is questioning his playing ability.

We all worshiped him as a player.

Actually, Mods you should try & make a new emoticon as a tribute to Willie.

A silhouette of him holding the cup would be fantastic.

T-shirts for our next cup win (if T-shirts are still around then) would be a good idea as well :itch-chin:

My feelings exactly, Ke1t.

Willie Miller may have his failings as a manger, director, businessman or whatever, but on the park he and the team he led were the best club side in Europe. When they played, under Fergie's management, we felt invincible and mostly we were - I can't think of a time they ever let us down. For those of us who witnessed that team first hand, we should all be forever grateful that Willie and Fergie gave us those experiences and memories. On the football field, Willie Miller was, to use today's fashionable phrase, "unplayable" and "the best penalty box defender in the world" ... for the avoidance of doubt and for those who can't get their heads round the idea it bears repeating: Aberdeen had a player regarded by the greatest club manager of all time as "the best penalty box defender IN THE WORLD".

Let us down the day they only beat rangers 1-0 at Hampden, after beating Real Madrid 2-1, the performance was not acceptable to Aberdeen.

Very suspicious of this move by SM to remove 5 of the board? Is it to cut costs, felt he wasnt getting enough support, was it due to the newco vote.................who knows?

He knows that if AFC vote to allow a rangers newco in he is as well putting down the shutters and locking the gates for good because it will kill the club once and for all.