Wimbledon

SoTR you said Ferrer was on fire and Murray would be lucky to get through.

Ferrer was rubbish, apart from when he was zipping about like a dog chasing a paper bag in the wind in the first set.

So forgive me for disregarding your back of a fag packet tennis critique.

Murray will easily beat Tsonga.

SoTR you said Ferrer was on fire and Murray would be lucky to get through.

Ferrer was rubbish, apart from when he was zipping about like a dog chasing a paper bag in the wind in the first set.

So forgive me for disregarding your back of a fag packet tennis critique.

Murray will easily beat Tsonga.

Ferrer was the better player in the first two sets. At 5-2 in the second set tie breaker Ferrer should have finished him off. The turning point in the match was Murrays fight back to win that tie breaker. Ferrer is in great touch right now and was unbeaten in 9 or 10 matches on grass coming into the match... beating a former US Open Champion easily in the previous round. He's won 4 ranking events this year and has been playing at an incredibly high level lately. He also demolished Murray in the French Open at few weeks ago. Fair play to Murray last night though... he hung in there during the first two sets when a lesser player would have crumbled, then upped the ante in the 3rd and 4th. I also applaud Ferrer for sticking with him and forcing him to a 4th set tie breaker - when Murray is serving that well there is no hiding place. It's relentless.

I'll forgive you for disregarding my critique, but whether you think I'm speaking rubbish or not, I hope you can appreciate that I watch tennis all year and I've been a fan all my life. I'm certainly not a two week-a-year fan and my thoughts are based on observations.

I'm not sure how tomorrow nights match is going to go, although as I said, if Murray serves 80% he'll win. Nadal had an easy draw in his quarter and really should have strolled to a quarter with Tsonga. As a consequence I don't really think Tsonga has been tested yet. He's so hard to predict at the best of times - he could hit through Federer one match, then lose to a qualifier in the next. You don't know what you're going to get.

I'm only kidding min, Murray is a notorious slow starter, half the time he looks as if he's just crawled out of his bed to get the match out the way and he often has very poor first sets.

I was confident he would wear Ferrer down, and so it proved. Murray is all about stamina and staying power.

I think he's in with a real shout this year, because he never put lots of effort into Queens which he's made the mistake of doing in the past, whilst the big players attitude is 'why bother?' and rightly so.

He got knocked out early, he's not dropped many sets, and he looks fresh.

He'll make the final, it's just a case of whether he can raise his game enough to win it.

Aye I"ll be staying up for this one. Starts 12:30am ish I think my time. 10:30pm your time sotr?

Yeah, we'll see... the time is just a guide. With both matches on centre court, it'll depend on how the Federer vs Djokovic match goes. A five setter in that one wouldn't surprise me.... so it could be a late one!

I can see Murray's arse collapsing under the pressure again.

Maybe not today, definitely on Sunday.

He's a poof.

ANDY Murray will deploy strategic gay come-ons to distract Jo Wilfried Tsonga at Wimbledon today, it has been claimed.

Murray, who is known for his flamboyant personality, will use sexual innuendo and lurid gestures to make Tsonga feel incredibly awkward.

Murray camp insider Tom Logan said: